Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 11:27:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Strategic PVP  (Read 2809 times)
The-Joe
Corporal

Aliens got me!

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »

Some pointers:
We have a huge galaxy... but territory is not important at all...
Alliances count 4 almost nothing since there is no way to help alliance members, except advice
SO
WHAT IF:
- Alliances could build planets and defense systems and use them together  by assigning a part of their own secret asteroid workers and segments, and benefits should be shared according to their contribution. And planets should use CHOAM offers to gain more benefits. An example of system could be a Teleporter Gate which would allow motherships and fleets to be teleported to a certain system, but only one way...
- System defense fleets should not be usable by the commander when outside the protected system, and they would attack any transgressor of the controlled system, including Reavers.
- Attacking a commander should NOT be done by ranking but by tracking and following a commander, and galaxy distance should matter
- building fleets would require resources and money. Let's say that you buy fleets for credits, but they appear out of nothingness? Let's say that weapons would require diamonds, armor would require carbon Hull would require metal, and so on. And resources should be obtainable by CHOAM market (expensive but unlimited) or by harvesting (cheap but turns-consuming).

These are just a few ideas.
Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 06:05:42 PM »

I would like to request every who reads this to comment on every point given, as this weekend I'm going to write a huge post trying to include all idears that should be put in SO, I will let you guys comment it and then I'll edit it if needed and send it to Sir Emi.

Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 11:06:01 PM »

Most of what you propose does indeed sound interesting... I wouldn't mind a few those being implemented.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:46:05 PM »

sounds like you play space merchant realms...i like the hunting idea though.

Peace And Happy Hunting
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »

love all the idea, it would make the game more adventureus

-except with the alliance and shared power there could be abuse like joing the 1st places alliance to grow really quick.

- i love the tracking to attack

- mining for resources to build ships is also an excellent idea but maybe mining could help decrease the total price so its not manditory

WARS Account= Overmind
The-Joe
Corporal

Aliens got me!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 10:06:23 PM »

Well since you get dividends on the planet according to your investment, growing very fast by joining a alliance with a planet would not be possible. The only benefit would be protection IF u stay in the protected system. You could however invest all the money in the planet but then you would have no ships for quests... And no ships for war and raids...

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: