Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 21, 2024, 03:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New interest system  (Read 10422 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2006, 04:38:22 PM »

The interest system has been ballanced to match the workers production cycle, it works like this:
If you are a Gold member, you are favored in keeping liquid assets, if you have 50 billion workers and 50 interest you would notice the production of the workers will equal the credits gained by interest. The only difference at this point is the workers growth, that increases at a much slower rate then interest, but still 2 x growth for Gold members. This works until you reach 100 billion in the stash at witch point you may consider investing in workers to keep the same profit margin. For non-Gold, the workers will produce more then the stash, so they are better off investing in workers from the start. The penalty is less liqud assets to work with.

Detailed info:
Interest increments by 0.01%  for every 100 million, up to 10% for 100 billion, more then that will decrease for each 100 million by 0.01%, to a minimum of 2% per day. Values are for Glod members,  for others interest and growth are half those values.

e.g.: You have 50 billion workers and 50 billion credits. Provided you are Gold, you receive 2.5 billion in production from workers, and 2.5 billion in interest from stash, the base interest whitout skills will be 5% per day. For non-Gold, they will receive 2.5 billion from production, and 1.25 billion from interest, at the interest rate of 2.5% per day.

Workers will always have a bonus, due to their own growth rate. The growth rate of workers is slower then interest, e.g. 1.2% at 100 billion workers for Gold, and 0.6% for non-Gold.

God Speed coommanders!

P.S.: The items system will be the next add-on, looks cool so far 1
Report to moderator   Logged

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 06:33:58 PM »

Why let it decreas again? That kinda sux :S

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 08:35:31 PM »

ok... I got perfectly the reasoning behind the first part... but what I want to know is the same as FTP...

sir E, what DOES making your interest and growth go back down to a minimum of 2% daily have ANYTHING to do with it, and for that matter, WHY would you need it to go back down?  it would seem the only purpose that would serve is to further help those at 100 bil, putting the lower and higher people at a disadvantage.  literally, the fastest pace of growth would be AT 100 bil, no more no less.  that just seems a bit...  weird.

especially when you already have the biofarm system set up to limit the max number of workers to how many biofarms you have...  so I suppose the big question probably everyone is wondering, is what gives with making it lower after being so high?

is that itself supposed to be what always keeps it more worth it then workers??  I still don't get it then, because workers would be under the same penalty, plus the same penalty they have had, being a limited max due to biofarms, which means once you hit that practical limit of gaining biofarms, it will STILL be more worth it just to switch to stash.

and for that matter, making stash more worth it at the end has ALWAYS made sense to me:
you use the workers as a 'safety net' if you will, and then use the stash as the main money making thing, along with being able to use it for other stuff.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 01:07:36 AM »

beacuse he knew that after a certain power that everything resloves around intrest, largley due to maxing out ship sizes.. so he know that he can complety mess up players that work hard to get there money beacuse now they have no way of gaining decent money via intrest...

i dont know emi HAS been picking on the higher up players latley.. really doing anything he can to handycap anyone who gets into the top ten, i mean this intrest thing, then encounters power resovles around players ranked 20-200 thing the less encounters thing, the galaxy missions giving no decent money thing..  i mean "what can he think up of next..." "to completly handycap the top ten even more..."

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:23:13 AM »

idk. maybe he wants u to actually fight for the top 10 spot?? besides, it wont be easier for others when they get to top ten. were all in this together. sounds like ur afraid of ppl catching up on u  3

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:04:02 AM »

and for that matter, making stash more worth it at the end has ALWAYS made sense to me:
you use the workers as a 'safety net' if you will, and then use the stash as the main money making thing, along with being able to use it for other stuff.

That doesn't mean that was the way it was meant to be. Besides stash is a liquid asset, workers are much more solid. Workers take more investment, therefore they should be worth more, don't you think?

fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 02:58:38 PM »

I don't know what you're complaining about, you'll still be making a profit on your stash. Say you have 100 billion and 5% interest. Thats 5 billion in interest. A bit later, you have 500 billion at 2% interest. Thats 10 billion credits. Whilst it's only twice as much, it still means that you're getting more money than you were before. It means that you'll have to use your money more wisely and actually work to keep hold of a top spot, but that's got more interesting then just sitting letting your stash win the game for you.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 04:20:47 PM »

yeah thats kinda what theyr afraid of, having to fight for the spot. the way they play it, it could just be a single player game.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 09:44:52 PM »

well, don't be looking at me when you say complaining about working to keep top 10.  I'm NOT in top 10, and have never once yet finished in top 10, so handicaps like this would be helping me, but even I don't get how making it decrease does anything, other then slow people down a bit once they get so high.  and that 2% for gold.  non-gold people like me will have 1%.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 10:01:32 PM »

... but even I don't get how making it decrease does anything, other then slow people down a bit once they get so high.

What's wrong with that?

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 11:27:02 PM »

whats wrong with it is yo ustart to get multiple weapon penalty on your biggest ships, and hten ship size maxes out, so with 1% interest you still have to do missions which means ya cant go too high...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »

But why workers growth is also so low? I though that stash interest was too high, because it was giving more money than workers.
Now they produce more money than stash, but its easy to loose them, they cant be sold, and only way to get them is missions/encounters/buy. Ok, maybe i have not enough... But my growth is so small that its funny 16 I get 10 times more workers from 1 mission, than from all day growth. (I have enough farms...)
I dont have negative growth but i guess its same as in previous round, right? If so, my hard earned workers will die quick? 21

Alright... rip
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 01:26:06 PM »

whats wrong with it is yo ustart to get multiple weapon penalty on your biggest ships, and hten ship size maxes out, so with 1% interest you still have to do missions which means ya cant go too high...

What's wrong with having to do missions? And, remember, it's fair for everybody. The only real complaint I see people making is that it makes it harder to stay big once you get there. And I say to that, so what? It's still easier to stay big then it is to become big.

But why workers growth is also so low?

Worker growth might grow significantly larger when you have more workers. But remember, Sir Emi has been cutting back interest and growth by ginourmus proportions. So we'll all have to endever more into other pursuits, such as missions or player bashing. I believe that might have been some of his intentions.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 04:43:01 PM »

but this will keep people lower, because of hte fact you cant go too hgih and still do missions ,and nwo oyu need to do misions...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 07:15:40 PM »

And? So what?

It's still possible to grow indefinentally. It's just a lot slower as you get bigger.

What's wrong with slower growth?

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: