Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 09:18:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: old style missions  (Read 9870 times)
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2006, 07:47:44 AM »

well I am not the only one who faces this problem but maybe the 1st taking this so serious.

killer fleets in mothership missions are still a problem and that had become even more serious. - yesterday I lost nearly me fleet (and cash for resupply than) within 4 missions (3 were killer fleets) and today I spended like 1300 turns to come back where I was ... - I even got not there because I did face killer fleets again.

I don t complain about the existance of these fleets, but I complain about the frequence they get faced ... - Sir Emi this way it is no more fun - in fact it is starting to be annoying to me (and I have spocken with some others who are ... also) - u really should concider changing this.

Due to the emense turn costs on galaxy travel there is still no real alternative to the old style missions - so they need to be "do-able" and not like they are atm.

Pls do something about this, for me SO is atm not enjoyable anymore - its only stressfull now :-(

w/r bb

PS: if somebody else has made similar observation or feelings pls don t hasitate to post here 2
Report to moderator   Logged
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 07:59:05 AM »

The killer fleets have been slightly excessive, ive managed to pull back from my loses but a few of my alliance members are struggling due to the amount of killer fleets they encounter. I must admit it does make an interesting challenge just a tad annoying as you spend so many turns getting new ships only to lose them again.

Chicpea
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 08:05:56 AM »

well it is a challange,  however, it can be overcome.  They are annoying but much of the time I end up with insurance so they are not quit as bad as before.  It is however, early so this could change.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
vampiermaster
Private

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 09:01:31 AM »

challange you can say that again, had 4 diffrant atemps, and on diffrant days, and lost all my ships.

Why does mineral water that 'has trickled through mountains for centuries' have a 'use by' date?
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 12:01:30 PM »

Yes, they are a problem, and I believe there is a thread in suggestions on this, but whatever. It's time killer fleets were retired, they no longer serve the purpose they did before, now they just serve as a pain and a set back when you hit them, which is increasingly regularly.

thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 12:03:36 PM »

I rarely get insurance, even when doing 1% missions with ships i've saved two days for

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 12:05:59 PM »

you only get insurance if you still beat the mission, kinda stinks, but eh, it's fair. But we need to lose the killer fleets, they are hurting those who can't get high enough to successfully do galaxy missions yet.

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 06:05:27 PM »

Since the beginning of this round, I had my ships destroyed by killer fleets way too many times, what really pisses me off is when I get hit by them 3 times in a row (happened 4 times so far).

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 07:05:52 PM »

Didnt readed this jet made a psot about this is missions encoutners srry.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 10:22:40 PM »

yes... when you lose a ship to a mission roughly 6% it's worth... something is wrong.  at that amount, it should single handedly devestate everything by itself... not get owned by it.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 12:18:56 AM »

I say back to the old limit, no mission fleet can cost more then the amount the mission is worth credit wise. This will single handedly stop most killer fleets, excluding when you get to a high commander level and get 0 with little to no cash and having a weak secret base, which could be resolved by saying no mission fleet may be over 1/5 your FLEET power, meaning the max they can be is 120% your power, which is not all that hard to beat really. That's all it would take.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 04:13:46 PM »

I say back to the old limit, no mission fleet can cost more then the amount the mission is worth credit wise. This will single handedly stop most killer fleets, excluding when you get to a high commander level and get 0 with little to no cash and having a weak secret base, which could be resolved by saying no mission fleet may be over 1/5 your FLEET power, meaning the max they can be is 120% your power, which is not all that hard to beat really. That's all it would take.

ah, but then high up players could easily accomplish missions worth so much, using ships that really only cost them so little, as they would only have to face so much a % of their power.

right now, the only real way to bounce back from that, is IF you manage to have enough credits, is to go and use galaxy missions, which readily has lvl 1 missions available...  at the end of the game, this actually wouldn't be to hard, as all you have to do is vote and get 1.2 bil, and the ships I have found extremely succesful only cost 330 mil each... and at high commander lvl, you have to figure bonuses to...

so that might actually work itself out, though at that point, if you are going back that far, you would probably have to be a miracle worker to pull off a top 10 spot.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 02:17:53 AM »

the killer fleets are there to slow ppl down so we dont get to high to fast lol im doin alright and i lost a 200 and 300 mill ship earlier in the round

WARS Account= Overmind
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 08:37:18 AM »

I have to say for myself that I don't mind killerfleets at all, it's just part of the game to lose your ships once in a while...
But if I come online and I did 40 - 45 % missions the day before (and then I don't mean just 5 of those missions no like 50 of them), and I try a 39% and lose my lead ship, I don't mind but if I buy it back, and then start doing in 20's % and then the second mission I do, I lose my lead ship again which I just bought back, now that I really do not like..
If it would just happen 1 time, that's fine, but even me yes me at the top, who has been lucky according to some of you, but I just play normally and lose ships also, it happens to me alot that I run into killerfleets, and the worst part is that it's mostly my own d**n swarmer:
Sreal's Swarmers... Opps

And I can say it hurts when you run into them with a group of a few mills wounded1

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 10:22:07 AM »

See youre freaking lucky I faced bills  21

Pages: [1] 2