Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 08:01:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Round Updates  (Read 20331 times)
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 10:53:50 AM »

Maybe now doing only missions all the time will not be as profitable, i didnt like that 1
I lost all ships on 1st mission laugh But its not enough to complain, maybe i had bad luck, also those ships wasnt too good...
While leveling each 3kxp, commander experience might be even more important than in previous round. I wonder if emi simulates such changes in some way 21
Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 02:46:07 PM »

lammalord, the amount you earn per 1% is reflective on your Commander lvl, therefore a level 10 commander earns 15M on a 1%.

As for more difficult missions, missions got changed sometime last round that made them harder at lower levels, you were just too high to notice it until now.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 05:58:49 PM »

nah monkey thats not his problem, the thing is they arent % based anymore, so your going for a bigger reward then you did last round with equivalent sized ships, which means the ywill die...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
jebus767
Private

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 07:13:28 PM »

So how are the fleets you will encounter in a mission determined now?
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 07:16:37 PM »

well im saying this is good for the start, but think about a week? how would you make 1-2 bil per mission it would take forever.. humm

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 08:06:07 PM »

so ship power has nothin to do with the money from missions now????

WARS Account= Overmind
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 08:27:25 PM »

I don't think so, they're more like galaxy missions now

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 01:22:21 AM »

I think it's high time we got rid of mothership missions. We don't really need them anymore, galaxy missions fit the bill now.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 09:53:02 PM »

ahh i want them, but hes restisting it alot, i dont think anyone will hit even the trillions in power this round with that restiction

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 09:54:55 PM »

we will, it'll just take longer then normal. The round is having a slower start then normal. Once we get the new updates things may change, you never know.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 10:03:47 PM »

3k per level, thats not 1= 3k 2=6k 3=9k

no.. its 1=3k 2=9k 3=18k... so on its + 3k more per level, leveling will take forever not to mention if you add up all the exp to get to level 100, i think that even last round, when i had level 405 i didnt have that much exp.. it would be like 20 ppl needing level 1000 exp amount to join dday.. it will take forever for only 1 person hand 1000+ level, and that was broni...

as for missions just as a calfication, fleet power dosnt affect the power of the mission dose it? so if i did a 5% with 5 mil power and no p ships, would it be the same thing if i were to do a 5% with 40 mil power and 35 mil p ships? im a bit confused on how this works..

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »

no, lamma, I believe he means (at least, he BETTER mean) you simply start at 3k for lvl 1, and then add another 1k per level.  so you are just basically skipping the first 2 lvl's of exp needed.

sir E, please do remember, a game where it takes a REALLY long time to power up... usually should not have rounds... those with rounds... usually requires you to be able to lvl up and gain power and such relatively fast... the shorter the round, the faster you should be able to grow in a day.

I don't think anyone would play... runescape, for example, if it reset everything every 2 months... when in 2 months all you are at is lvl 30 out of 100 some.
on the other hand, not many would probably find a game like 1000AD (I know, not as well known, probably) if the round never ended, with people at like 3 bil+ stuff and you have nothing.

I know your just trying to make the game unique, which you should, I just sometimes feel like this game as a whole sometimes starts to go into a circle, when it comes to whether it is a long drawn out battle, or a short winner take all battle.

PLANETS

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2006, 11:38:48 AM »

power affects mothership credits only I believe, not galaxy, which is what I believe the commander lvl affects....of course, I may be dead wrong on this, that's what it sounded like Sir E was saying.

And I thought Sir Emi lowered the amount of exp needed to gain levels, making it only 1k more each time, or just 3k each time?

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 01:01:10 AM »

no, power dosnt affect mother ship contracts, i been doing 20-30% missions just fine with a rediclious amount of p ships

oh and for ars:

Level: 2
Experiece: 11945
Next Level: 18000

i know thats how it works, im level 2 and look 18k for th next level, and watch level 3 will be like 30k exp to get it and 4 at 45k exp and 5 at 63k exp.. 6 at 84k exp, but see that will add up to make level 100 take forever, i think before it was like 1 mil exp or something for 100, and now at this rate, level 7 is already 108k exp, thats 1/10th of 1 mil, and its only level 7, not only that but the more exp added will only get bigger and bigger..

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 02:00:11 AM »

Lamma those XP you give are correct.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: