Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 04:35:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Minerals  (Read 12083 times)
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:29:57 AM »

As I was doing mission, I noticed that carbons in SOWARS galaxy is almost depleted. Time will come and all minerals especially carbon will be exhausted. Carbon is almost used everywhere ranging from station building to module upgrades. This is the reason why it carbon had depleted faster than any other minerals.

In addition to the above mentioned statement, the rate of carbon depletion had accelerated ever since the planets had been introduced into the game.

This lack of resources does not affect players with high level of replication technology since their resources is virtually infinite as diamond can be converted into much more diamond and then the diamond can be converted into carbon.

Once the carbon is depleted new players will not be able to build stations, mining facility and as well as planets.

Pls. suggest what should be done to prevent to upcoming crisis  wow
Report to moderator   Logged

AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:54:08 AM »

Maybe re-populate a few systems with carbon, or upping chances of good carbon items in missions, so far i get it in few hundreds per fifty missions. wow

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:38:08 AM »

This was discussed very early on when wars came out I remember. That was like almost a year ago...*how time flies* This day came sooner than what was intended. I agree that carbon is next to scarce now in the server. If i remember correctly, there was talk about re-seeding the systems with a few random minerals but I have yet to see such a thing. Furthermore, the rate in which the minerals are being mined is just crazy. There are more and more "empty" systems lying around, depleted of any minerals what so ever.

I agree its time to re-seed all systems. Maybe those with zero resources should be reset with loads more minerals vs those with available resources still.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:08:48 AM »

WTS carbon

1 ore for 100 credits place your orders now  12
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 11:02:59 AM »

i have an idea... add a "destroy" option to planet invasions. if successful, the planet goes BOOM! and massive amounts of resources pill out into the system. somehow, from the segments a nearly endless supply of resources is available to the colonists... (mining) so it makes sense that a lot would pop out when it goes boom. players could even build planets just to blow them up. if u guys actually like this suggestion, then i think, going with it, should be the ability to load and unload colonists from ships.

btw i disagree with random reseeding. there should be a mechanic for it. the mechanic can be what i suggested or something less game-tangible, like passing commits or alien invaders... but i don't want to just randomly have stuff popup in my, or any one else's systems.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 11:15:33 AM »

If it is announced, then large players or players with good mining items may just mine it out in one swipe, without the rest ever getting it. It should be discovered like it normally is- with a flying to systems.

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

NolanJB
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »

I had to use an alt to find some carbon and I still haven't found any, so I'm for this.

Click here to join!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »

ya about time to put some stuff back into the systems

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »

when planets were put in, there was going to be an option for destroy but only on dday

i think part of the wars server is that there are few minerals. you have to fight for them. maybe just have like 1 system regenerate every day. 100k in each mineral. something like that, small but just enough to keep things going.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »

Thats exactly why I suggested random seeding. But the empty systems will have higher probability then those with resources.

Jessie's idea of having one system regenerating every day, 100k each mineral is good provided emi makes the system come under orion rule, meaning, no one can build a base there. Also, place a cap on the max resources there, like maybe 2mill each so it wont grow so insanely.

When the wars server started, this was mentioned, about the scarcity of resources will make for more combat. It is apparent that it never happened. The scarcity of the resource slipped in unnoticed before anyone realized, before anyone said, hey, I think thats the last carbon system, I have to have it. heck, most of us hardly move from a spot because of all the turns required for other things, to even notice the shortage of minerals.

Time for a revamp emi...u metioned u could put in the mineral regeneration script in before, but didnt because the thought of people fighting over resources would be good. It didnt happen...time to put the regeneration in.. =]

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

well the fighting happened at a much lower level.

and i like the idea of orion's rule for the regenerate system, but i was thinking having a difference system each day regenerate 100k each.

randomize it  wow

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 11:48:54 PM »

BAH!!!! random seeding BAD! how bout allow "mineral surveys" on the system view... give a chance to discover more resources based on star type and system resources and make it cost lots of turn or somethin...

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 12:16:57 AM »

Bah!! no... random seeding... preferable systems without stations or planets

Sin1598
Private First Class

Only those you trust can betray you.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 01:36:20 AM »

I like the suggested planet exploding Idea, because after awhile the universe will be full of planets and no one will be able to make more so either destroyable planets (with a stellar converter tech  19), or multiple planets per system that stack with defence........

2008 Award for most ships in Space Odyssey WARS----------------------------------------------^
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

how about people use the replication???? that was meant to be used when resouces are depleted, try it!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: