Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 05:12:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Super Nova = Mined Resources  (Read 3415 times)
Demitrious Ducas
Lance Corporal

I can't say anything making this image any better!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2006, 12:17:28 AM »

We have special encounters for credits, for workers, for turns, for experiance, for command points... but there are 2 for segments???

Derelict Motherships is very suitable for gaining segments.

What about Super Nova? In the encounter description it even mentions mining the planet. I think this would be great way for commanders not having the turns or cash to mine the galaxy to gain a few extra random amounts of mined resources. I would say a mixed amount of several types would be great, but even getting an amount of a single resource type would be worth a certain credit/ turn value.
Report to moderator   Logged
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 01:48:32 AM »

Ok, we've got an encounter that give you workers (Endangered Planet), one that gives you segments (Derelect Mothership), one for experience (Ancient Commander), one for commander points (Bio Experiment), one that gives you credits (Gold Transport) and one that gives you turns (Black Hole). So, why not one for minerals? Here's what I came up with:

Comet Sighting

A Comet has been sighted in our vicinity. Should we be able to successfully navigate our way to the surface, we will be able to mine it for a large amount of minerals. There is a good chance that we shall run into hostility from other commanders trying to do the same thing. What do you want to do?

The reward could be some of every mineral you can mine. What do you guys think?

Monkey made a stickied topic highlighting the ideas given (and in clear terms, unlike many of the topic titles).  Add this suggestion to his topic  1
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »

I think that your idea is very interesting... 12

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 08:44:26 PM »

its a great idea i mean we have rewards for command points why not mining stuff too, sopposing that i refuse to mine my self (i think its a waste of turns to)

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »

Some of every mineral charmuska? Idk about that...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 04:34:26 AM »

A) That's my idea midnight44, not Charmuska's, he was merely infroming everyone that I had suggested this already, and it seems he was ignored on that part. B) it's not fair to only give some of 1 mineral. I'm not saying give them 30k of every mineral, but like 1-3k maybe. Plus, we need two segment encounters, as the more segments you have, the harder it becomes to get them. so that works out just fine. By mining he meant mine it for parts, not resources.

Why is it that my post on this gets ignored (and shame on you Ducas, for not checking to see if this was already suggested) yet Ducas's doesn't? People must hate me, lol.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 10:26:48 PM »

IF you were to give some of every mineral, it would have to be staggered, as everyone here who has gone mining for any real length of time can back me up on this, 2000 Carbon is no where NEAR the worth of 2000 crystal.  if you were going to do that, it would have to be something like:

T/C=A

where A equals the amount of that resource you get, C equals the cost of that resource in turns, and T how many turns worth you are getting as a reward. so taking carbon and, say, crystal, and the mission gives you 1700 turns worth, it would be:

Carbon:
1700/1=1700

Crystal:
1700/17=100

so you would get 1700 Carbon, but 100 Crystal. with everything else in between.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »

well, yea. I was just keeping it simple.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: