Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 11, 2024, 07:18:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: More risk while boarding ppl  (Read 6487 times)
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« on: June 03, 2006, 06:07:43 AM »

I know that boarding is fun, as there is no risk of loose if you have enough hp laugh
But, how does it looks in game...
I have ship with 1b marines. Someone board it with 500mil marines. Ummm, not enough. Ok, again, still not. Oh, i boarded same ship 5th times and now its mine laugh *
So if my marines completely fail, attacker ship captain said: "Ok, we have lost, close the door and we will go now", and defender captain said: "Oh well s**t happens, try again in a few minutes".
No. Defender marines should enter attacker ship and take it, as there are lots of them 1
There should be risk of loosing ship if you fail badly...
* No powerships 16
Report to moderator   Logged

Alright... rip
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 03:40:29 PM »

welp you got a point there, if som1 boards and the oppent has more maraines, why cant the defender have a chance of caputering the attacker, cause i mean they did have more what are they going to do? kill all the maraines, then wave by by to the driver of the ship that attacked him and his completly empty ship?

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 01:45:26 AM »

True.  This would definitely deter some people from boarding.

But what happens when 1 person has a better ship than everyone else?  Now they don't even have to attack anyone to steal ships.  They just have to have their mega-ship out, and let it be attacked.

Perhaps the attacking ship just explodes if it would've been taken by the defence?
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 01:54:24 AM »

It only steals if it get's boarded. Plus, eventually they'd run out of liquid assets to pour into there massive marine account.

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 02:33:42 AM »

Very eventually.

But in the meantime, they can accumulate a bunch of ships (although I suppose that the gained ships, having 0 marines, would be easily boarded themselves).

And look at Imihir's posted logs under the hit list forum.  He gets many board attempts (and repels a lot of them).
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 11:51:11 AM »

Well, you'll just have to be a little more weary. But it does make sense.

Oh, and would they really get that many boarding attempts if people had a chance of loosing their ships?

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 03:28:19 PM »

I am gonna have to be honest...I think that boarding ships sucks...I know that a lot of you disagree with me, but personally I think that the feature should be removed...

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:48:37 PM »

80% of the time boarding is the only way to kill a ship and it cannot be removed.. for exsample in the top 10 if boaring was not possible there would be no chance to EVER lose a ship and therefore i could be at war with everone and never lose a ship beacsue my ships simply have to much hits to damage, i would take about 9 of my own ships to kill one of my own... therefore boading is a nesscisty and pretty much the only way to take out attacks

PorteNoir
Private

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 06:29:16 AM »

Maybe, instead such big changes start witch something small. For example: during boarding instead acc penalty for attacker and hp bonus for defender (both totally useless during this type of attack; attacker don’t want to use weapon anyway so defender don’t need hp) give defender acc bonus and attacker hp penalty (this would actually increase chance of boarding ship being destroyed). You could explain this that ship must open its “hangar” doors to launch pods thus decreasing its hull integrity and defender knows from what direction pods needs to be launched so he have time to aim more accurately. 
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 08:56:56 AM »

dont see how that would work, i was more think about having like lets say if you boarding ships is outpowered by like more than 3x marianes (boarder has 1 bill defender has 3bil and the boarder kills less than 1/3 while losed all its maraine) then the boarding ship has like an lets say a small %... like an 8% chanace of blowing up

Imihir
Private

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 09:19:44 AM »

Well someone who boards will design his ship so that he will never lose all his marines so this suggestion has no sence.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 02:21:19 PM »

Well lamma, I never really thought of it that way... 19 very interesting

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 04:17:29 PM »

Imihir, everyone who boards will be trying to do that (aren't they already?).  Thus, there will still be challenge.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »

Not everyone has a laid out plan for boarding, people still loose. Some of them miserably.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2006, 04:06:42 AM »

Hate to say it, but bad idea. Reason why: too complicated, and would require Sir Emi to redesign a huge chunk of the game. Boarding is fine, you just gott play smart to counter it well.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: