Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 11, 2024, 11:05:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Doomsday Crystal (special encounter event)  (Read 2987 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:44:32 PM »

due to the special nature of the Doomsday Device, special elements must be gathered in order to begin construction of the device.  however, these elements, and more specifically, a special Crystal, can be blocked by special means unknown to all except the reavers themselves, which the device they use to do this is guarded very carefully.  Before any attempt is to be made at ending the universe, this special device MUST be destroyed.

name: Anti-DDay Device
power: 10.000.000.000
everything else is basically the same as an encounter, except taht the only way to get rid of this is to defeat it, not just letting it run out of time.  another way to do it is to maybe "hide" this special event somewhere in the galaxy.

basically, what this means, is that this certain power MUST be reached by SOMEONE first, before a DDay device can be activated, that way there is no way of "rushing" a round, making it end only 3 weeks after it starts.  after this is destroyed, all DDay restrictions and everything is set to normal.

coding should be fairly simple, as all you would need to do is set this up in a certain system in place of the reavers there, -or- set it up like an encounter in the rankings.  the coding to make sure it does it's job should also be easy, IF it takes what I think it would, which would just be something like:

A: 20 people in DDay list, go to B
B: Anti DDay event destroyed (it doesn't come back until new round is started) begin DDay stage 1

so if it isn't, it would stop at B until is completed.  unless of course it is amazingly more comples then this, it shouldn't be to hard, as I said.  of course, actual programming I suppose would be up to you though.  lol.  I am just guessing off of noob programming stuff, most likely nothing like what you use, lol.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:54:57 AM »

I would like to add to this that evey DDay commader have to destroy one to even be allowed into the DDay fleet

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 11:04:44 AM »

Yes otherwise the bunch of new payers just join there.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 05:02:32 PM »

hmmm... true, a little more work to put in, but I suppose it is better.  it also fits better with my original story that you need to capture a special DDay Crystal to build the weapon in the first place.  whichever.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:30:51 PM »

10 bil power that isnt much how about more like 100 bil or 1 tril power.. that way we know the game wont end for a while or untill the leaders of the game want it to..

like 2 rounds agao i liked the power then in the top 10 most people had like 300quad power.. were 6quad was the most the round after... and that was with 80% powerships

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:49:41 AM »

ya, but that was after how many months?  I was saying making it next to impossible to try and end the round just 1 week after it starts.  2-3 months into the round, 10 bil is very reachable, which was the point.  although I think I like the idea of having in the galaxy better, as it would side step problems with how to hit it in rankings page.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: