Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 04:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Call me crazy, but here's a new idea!  (Read 12130 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 04:19:48 PM »

my thought here:

since we are bringing up the galaxy here soon, I am thinking something like this:

you set aside 1 single system, that has EVERYTHING in it, and are unallowed to attack other people in it.  in this system, you can travel there FREE OF CHARGE, ONLY on your birthday, and unavailable at any other time.  what you do here in this system, you can do whatever you want, build buildings, everything, and anything (within your own commander limitations of course) and this continues on for as long as we can, till the round ends, with each commander coming and ading in their 1 day of things.  after their day of building, they are re-imbursed 150% of what they spend (except maybe turns, maybe turns just go to max) and that is the immedaite reward.

now in the long run, after this system gets absolutely HUGE, say, just taking credits for example, it has a bank of 10 tril credits, well, at ither at the end of a round, like after DDay IS happening, or at the beggining of the round, these resources are divided up and given evenly to EVERY commander, as a bonus.

btw, I am just going off of my head hear, I have NO CLUE just how ridiculuosly hard this maybe to code.  but I thought at the least it may generate other, more usable ideas 1

to make it easier, say you have a system ranking for it, and the "b-day" system has a total "power" of 1 bil, so each player is givena s reward 1 bil credits.  now the thing is, these credits and such will go to ALL commanders, exactly evenly divided, so there will be no way of "putting credits in there to make your own use of them later" especially when a round itself is normally less then 1 year.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 11:27:13 PM »

Ars, way to make a simple idea complicated, lol. I still think just a simple 10x your 1% reward will do, and for those who's birthdays have already passed this year, they should get there gifts as soon as this is implemented...if it is implemented.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006, 03:59:43 AM »

I think since yall cant win in battle you are looking for more free things

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »

No, we're trying to make this game great and unique. I'm doing fine, and winning plunty of battles, so nice try gunfighter, lol.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 06:18:27 PM »

actually, frank, the point of that was that it would HAVE to be a GROUP effort on everyone.  the more you put in, the more advanced teh next round will be.  if it goes to DDay funds, it means more fun for everyone since once it starts, hey, they have an automatic such and such to use.  the thing is, this is for DDay phase 2, NOT DDay phase 1.  so they only have 24 hours to use it...  hehehe 1

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

pondmonkey
Private

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »

i like this!... and not just becuse im constenly being pawned...
boisetomiami
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 08:16:59 PM »

a problem with giving a 10x a 1% is lets say you just got attacked the day before your bday,and your ships were destroyed, that'd be a hell of a way for people to royally screw with others. and for the weaker players, that'd suck, and for the top 10, well, that'd help them rule all the more. that would just make it a lot harder for everyone to catch up. and seperate the poor from the rich. would lose a bit of the competitivness on it.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 01:25:41 AM »

Doesn't matter, 10x 1% is still a good deal either way. and no, because when you're in the top ten, you spend more on ships, so really it would help the lower players more then the higher ones.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »

ya, this is supposed to be a 'group effort' to make DDay an even bigger bang 1  who could argue with that?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2006, 03:48:36 AM »

lol.

FRAZER151
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 03:09:35 AM »

BAD IDEA PEOLE WOULD MAKE THERE BIRTH DAY FAKE SO THEY GET IT QUICKE THEY OPROBLEY DO IT FOR THE NEXT DAY
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 03:37:30 AM »

Well, as you can only set it once, it isn't a bad idea, since they can't change it. And since you are getting 10x a 1% mission reward, it wouldn't help you any, a your reward is so low at the beginning.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2006, 03:45:02 PM »

10x your 1% sounds good, well except the point that the day before my birthday id supply tons of powerships so that the reward raies and therefore the money would raise, think if i got 1tril in p ships and a 1% would be like 100bil, id get 1 tril just like that, and with the cost of the pship its still like a 500bil gain

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »

No, I don't like the 10x 1%. That means that the little poop that just started only gets like 5k credits (or even someone that has been playing for a few months that is ranked in the 100's still get's like a few million). It sounds a little unfair to me. I think that a set amount of let's say, 5 billion credits would be sufficient. So, if the 10x 1% did go into effect then people in the top 20 would be getting like 2000x as many credits as I would. My question is, what makes your B-day 2000x more valuable than mine?

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2006, 07:11:56 PM »

On the flip side, what makes your time more valuable than his (referring to the set amount of credits)?  In one day for them, 5 billion credits is a pittance.  For a new person, 5 billion credits can catapult them into the top, let's say, 150 (making up  number).  The new person essentially gained several days worth of play time, but the upper player gained perhaps a few hours.

The set amount also brings problems in for the start of a round.  Would 5 billion credits help you to get to the top quickly at the beginning?  You bet it would.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: