Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 16, 2024, 10:11:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Do you agree with this suggestion
Yes
No Comment
No
Some Of It

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alliance Multiplier/Research  (Read 8624 times)
Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 08:04:29 PM »

this is getting annoying who the hell keeps giving me negatives!
Report to moderator   Logged

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 08:58:46 PM »

morde dont post in places like this about that
people will just give u more negatives, mail emi

now on topic  16

alt abuse happens in everything
what i like more about the ideas than everything else is the information hub idea. a station or planet that could have like a bulletin for either all alliance members or all players could be very useful.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »

As a whole, I find the entire Alliance thing just a group of people that are trying to protect themselves, but it feels pretty much limited to that, and creates an environment which people would feel that it is rather inactive. In other games and such, such as chosenspace, me and my friends have tried different methods of building our factions which were extremely successful. What I would like the entire alliance to feel more interactive and etc.

Ultimately, I just go on and off of playing Spaceodyssey because of the entire feeling of the alliance. In reality, Allies pool their resources so that they can fight a common enemy or threat.

I agree to this statement, and this is one of the reason why there's a lot of players in other browser based game. Those games have a lot more interactivity between alliances.  wow

lalelulilo
Corporal

Hmmm, what does this button do?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »

Glad you like my idea's, I'm going to write up a number of ideas for ways to avoid abusing this, as we all know alt abuse will always be a problem, really no matter what you do alt abuse is a problem, but Ive noticed a huge amount of online games which don't have this problem, i think Emi should recruit a research team, to learn more about how other online games avoid this problem, another thing, Emi needs to think about asking if people want to help him, that way they can work on smaller updates, and Emi can work on the larger ones/keep an eye on the forum and comment on whether or not an idea is possible, that way we can avoid having lengthly chats about these things only to be disappointed a few weeks later when Emi comes on and says this will not be possible 13

Live each day like its your last.
OMG I'M GONNA DIE TOMORROW.
the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »

this game you are allowed alt so long as they dont break a ToS and it has been discussed many times about alt abuse and each time nothing gets done, its a problem and you have to live with it, there will always be a dishonest person who will use 1 account to benifit another, these will be banned and hopefully it will solve the problem of that peron, as for the coding its harder than that, you need access to the main source code to put in any update and this then can be tampered with to give people who write the updates chance to altr things for themselves, they probably wont but theres always one  2

lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »

Personnally i believe if your going to abuse alts and change the code, your just useless, if you cant do it without cheating why bother at all? Emi can always keep a backup of the Spaceo coding and if someone does decide to change it for there own ends, ban them and anyone they helped.

the broken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 06:39:10 PM »

people are willing to cheat tho, there have probable been loads banned for cheating, people use loopholes in the game to benifit themselves, the coding cant be changed if its kept secret, on other games its been suggested and shot down because of this issue, and if someone did do some coding then they went to 1st place from 3rd 4th 5th etc they would be accused of cheating or if they went up a few ranks in general, having people to do the coding is not the best way of doing it, certainly help do pictures, mission contracts (the writing for them) etc but not the actual coding. thats my opinion

Tsai Carnam
Private

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 02:10:48 PM »

Most people are honest though, you know, and the only people that you need to ban are those that cause the bigger issues, such as exploitation. The bottom line about alts I believe, is it is downright cheating. People will always somehow use the alts to their own advantage, and causes many issues with people. Alts are cheating to me, bottom line...

I would be in support of extensive and cruel punishments that would make it quite obvious that cheating isn't tolerated. I have played a couple of games where I did one small cheat and BAM, the programmers went out of their way to make it nearly impossible for me to recover... I was done with that game as they kept doing it over and over again as I remade my account XD.

But ultimately, I am still in support of a interactive Alliance system. Maybe there can be a hierarchy of alliances, such as alliances that are under the command/protection/flag of another alliance?
lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 05:15:17 AM »

Moving away from the subject of alt abuse and cheating, we may like it but without Emi's approval, this idea is just that, an idea anyone know when Emi is on the forums?
Think i may make a few refinement's to the idea
Alliance tech is used to build alliance things, slightly more expensive, slightly more powerful.
Alliance tech is accessed using the alliance panel.
I don't think this should be anything more than space station's, as i don't think having mining facility's and planets would help the abuse situation at all.
Alliance station can be upgraded by all members.
Only the alliance leader can destroy it.
Station allows advanced communication relay's and trading facility's to be built (Alliance bounty's, Intel and item trading, you must trade a number of items/cash equal to at least 60% of the offers value).
I think thats all for now.

lalelulilo
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 05:32:40 AM »

Sugestion by prophet 01
        Create an alliance 'Bank' where the leader can set a tax that is subtracted from all members.  for example, 2% of creds and workers won from missions/encounters are placed into an alliance account and can be distributed by the leader.  Modify the ship cloning so you can set ships to private, public, or alliance.  create an alliance title system that would allow the leader to designate players as ranking members.  create a set of special missions that could be "team play" for a group of players to take part in together. 

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: