Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 11:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: So Classic  (Read 10338 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2008, 01:21:20 AM »

SkitZz, you have no idea what you're talking about.

First off, in the old SO, you could log on 3 days of not playing, and be fine, even a week, and while you would have fallen behind, you could of made it up if you played your cards right.

Secondly, back then, being in a good alliance wasn't a promised win, in fact, it meant little. look at the top ten from back then. How many all one alliance in the top ten you see? most of the time, it was one, maybe two guys from each alliance that were in the perfect position and their alliance made strategic strikes to make it happen. and since you couldn't GIVE credits back then pre-CHOAM, no credit feeding other than donations. Thus you were still on your own.

And even back then, one person could STILL take control of the top ten, just ask Wolfwood next time he bothers to show up, he did it himself once.

as for simple, you're one of those retard gamers who claims if it has bad graphics it sucks, which is a horrible mindset. some of the BEST games in the WORLD are SIMPLE! Pacman, super mario bros, and tetris come to mind. Insanely popular still today, and people PREFER the Older version. over remakes.

SO Classic wouldn't need any updating, thus Emi makes it, and let it go on it's own. SO is losing speed because it's 99% grind, .5% designing, and .5% strategy. The only thing that SO Classic truely is, is slower than main. rounds last 6-7 months, sometimes 8 on Classic, not 3-4. But you can NOT make stupid mistakes such as over purchasing your secret base, or you're in serious trouble and will experience a HUGE setback, thus making the strategy much more crucial to you game. it's 50% strategy, and 50% designs.

and does main need fixing? YES, it needs a hell of a lot, not jsut getting rid of grinding, there are more issues than pure grinding, feeding being a hUGE one as well now, but, to prevent Emi from losing a LOT of players still (our active player count is still plummeting), he should add in Classic. I'm not saying add it to replace any of the servers. and ya, SO was fine when galaxy first came out, though it did take away strategy some. but i figure it'd be a LOT more work for emi to deconstruct all he has added to galaxy, rather than jsut remove it. and to prevent that old grind rush of mission hunting like it was when mission first came out (hence why galaxy was amde, to provide a third way to get credits that was harder/more profitable, thus countering grinding) just pull those out too. He can leave CHOAM in too, as the restrictions there are on it make feeding pointless. Thus two ways of income, trading and fighting. If you want some complex system SkitZz, go play Warhammer or Warmachine, those are plenty complicated enough, I should know, I play them.

now everyone buddy nebs theres no strategy attacking or anything anymore.

Buddy nebbing could be ended quite easily and at the same time make alliances somewhat more effective by making it so one person is only allowed to do 15% damage to another person. For example I attack someone and do 15% damage. It nebs them for me but anyone else can till attack them. No more buddy nebbing and potentially more pvp maybe make a limit to total damage done to someone but then they will be able to be buddy nebbed still. Also alliances could get into some major wars that would wipe out both alliances (if they are relatively balanced and online at the same time) or give your alliance a better ranking and make them more feared and less likely to be attacked 1

that's a bad idea, as that'll kil PvP completely, as it'll be pretty much impossible to EVER hurt them severely. Buddy nebbing is a strategy, and was used a lot in old SO, it jsut wasn't so effective back then as it=didn't exactly help you gain ground, it'd help your buddy and meant credits/segments stayed within the alliance, so you'd have someone in your alliance neb you by killing your pship fleet with a single decoy ship so they didn't suffer sever damage.

and btw SkitZz, we can't believe you, as Crx's original account no longer exists. only the ones below exist now. and since Crx's forum account is not here, we cannot be sure you really ever were him. But truth be told, seeing as you forgot CHOAM and Crx and I got along well, i truely doubt you are him. Just for proof:

SkitZz (#39007) 7,214,124 Select
crx (#39249) 252,420 Select
medicrx (#99308) 250,500 Select

and those last two are only ones with Crx in their names. So as far as it can be established, you didn't exist back in old SO. no offense, but a lot of people claim to be old players when truth is they aren't. Nothing against you, but we'd have to have good proof you are before we can believe it. You wouldn't be the first claming to be an old g-unit member. I've had 3 o date, and only 1 was legit.

Finally, I KNOW how to play the new SO, I've placed top 100 in EVERY round i play, and i started when this last round was already 1/2 to 2/3 over. and I WANT main fixed, but as an alternative, adding SO Classic is what should be done, as it would have no updates and shouldn't ever need maintence, it'd be easy for emi to make it which will help stop him from losing more players, as they would have one gametype that's heavy PvP (which people in sO have made clear they like multiple times) that they KNOW works well, and that people who can't manage to log on every day or two can play without fear of never catching up, which is how main is now.

So Classic isn't a solution to the problems of Main, it's an alternative to losing more players.

and Spayed, my support for SO classic has been over a span of months, by many vets who have now quit. If emi had implemented it back then, there would be a lot of vets still here, plus the forum would be much more active (as those vets, almost every one, was active on forum).

and i can't speak for him now, but when i originally spoke of SO Classic to Lightseeker on MSN, he liked the idea. and iirc, he, the BEST PLAYER SO has EVER known, is about to quit due to all Mains problems. SO Classic could be what keeps people like him here until main is fixed and balanced out. and I'm sure emi has enough donations to support another server, and most players on it would probably go gold as it'll give them a bigger edge in gameplay, if he actually doesn't, maybe replace the least active server (though preferably not), or ask for donations that will cover the start server costs or something.

Also alliances could get into some major wars that would wipe out both alliances (if they are relatively balanced and online at the same time) or give your alliance a better ranking and make them more feared and less likely to be attacked 1

This was insanely common before galaxy and mission. 3 or 4 alliances would be at war with any one alliance at a time and work together to destroy them as best they could, betray each other in order to get a leg up for top ten, ect. It was an insanely fun bloodbath.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 01:34:12 AM by Seither » Report to moderator   Logged

Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »

I personally like the idea. It has my vote!!! Also, I think I could convince some other veterans to return if this is implemented.
Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 07:22:03 PM »

holy nuts, what teh f**k made you come back ryan???

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
ahydra
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 04:11:01 PM »

Been playing the SO main server for about 4 days now. I'm not sure that scrapping missions/encounters etc completely is a good idea. Without them or some serious balance changes, new starters who join any more than a week after the beginning of a round are never going to get off the ground - maybe I'm relying on galaxy missions a bit too much, but without them your income grows nowhere near fast enough for you to put out a fleet capable of defending yourself, let alone make a successful attack.

ahydra
Nicholas D. Wolfwood
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 09:15:23 PM »

I knew i heard my name somewhere. My ears ring constantly from people talking about me.

My legend will never die. Bwahahaha

So whats this I hear people are STILL using my Tiny Man design?

I still think that regardless of what i did other than tiny man, tiny man alone puts me up above WoW in the legendary commanders list. Pfft.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 10:13:13 PM »

you suck end of story

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 11:17:49 PM »

haha you are dreaming...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »

Hmm, we seem to have both a Nicholas D. Wolfwood and a Nicholas Duo Wolfwood.

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2009, 02:51:59 AM »

maybe they should both be removed??

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 07:42:24 AM »

or he forgot his pass

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

What I was thinking to work on for the SO Classic was a pure PvP server. More like a tournament server of strategy.

Only source of income would be segments & biofarm income, PvP attacks and  PvP salvage  laugh

No Galaxy, no secret base, no missions 1

How does that sound?  laugh

waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »

Im game

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »

Sounds like it could be fun 13

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: