Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 11:33:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should alts be allowed  (Voting closed: December 23, 2008, 05:37:21 PM)
Hell no! - 6 (30%)
No - 2 (10%)
I dont know. - 2 (10%)
Yes - 7 (35%)
Yes they are vital! - 3 (15%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alt abuse and using alts  (Read 4102 times)
Irish Ape
Private

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:37:21 PM »

Ok people,we all know there is a serious problem with alts,I play with one account and i think thats the way the game should be played.....but thats just me  21
These are the reasons why i think alts should be purged from the system:
1.They stop suggestions/ideas because people can abuse them e.g alliance shared money
2.People dont trust others as they could be spys.
3.The meanies pick on newbies 2
4.They are used to scout others wounded1
5.And finally its a pain when you attack higher player alts  laugh

Id like to hear your opinions  19
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:42:32 PM by Irish Ape » Report to moderator   Logged
Nautilus
Private

The Fallen Angel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:03:07 PM »

Ok people,we all know there is a serious problem with alts,I play with one account and i think thats the way the game should be played.....but thats just me  21
These are the reasons why i think alts should be purged from the system:
1.They stop suggestions/ideas because people can abuse them e.g alliance shared money
2.People dont trust others as they could be spys.
3.The meanies pick on newbies 2
4.They are used to scout others wounded1
5.And finally its a pain when you attack higher player alts  laugh

Id like to hear your opinions  19

1. Fail to understand confused how they stop suggestions/ideas & wat exactly you meant by alliance shared money 21

2. Well trust is something which is gained over a period of time 12, not instantaneously when you join an alliance 6

3. Have you ever heard the term "baptism by fire 11", would you really learn how to defend yourself if attacked by another noob 2 who does not know how to attack, I understand its harsh pistols, but everyone in the top 30 learnt it that way n that's why they are at the top.

4. Scouting is a tactic 15, you can attack much more successfully if you know the enemy's fleet setup, would you attack anyone in the top 10 rite now considering all of them have a tiny fleet worth quads shocking.

5. Well there is no gain without pain wallbash, you learn how to defend yourself properly "same thing as in boxing, if you don't learn to block the other person's jab you would have a broken nose, next time you would remember to block effectively gunsmilie"

Report to moderator   Logged

The Best Defence Lies In Maintaining Over-Whelming  Offence

Nautilus
POF
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »

4 is against TOS anyways, and true for first one-some suggestions were stopped because it could be alt abused.   

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Genotype
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »

Overall...I agree. I don't like alts and there should be a system to either limit the number of alts or stop it completely.

But it won't happen  1
Techno
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »

I agree and disagree I personal have alts in my friends alliances and I use them purely for helping out/teaching others. Though true some people do abuse them and those people should have the right to make alts but to take it away completely 14 plus I was attacked personaly day after day by Warboss and now I can defend my self its about exp like Nautilus said
5. Well there is no gain without pain wallbash, you learn how to defend yourself properly "same thing as in boxing, if you don't learn to block the other person's jab you would have a broken nose, next time you would remember to block effectively gunsmilie"

I learned and so does everyone else you can't teach people how to defend themselfs without themselfs being attacked. I wouldn't have ever learned if I was attacked day after day.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »

alts have always been part of the game. i fille "i dont know" cuz there are arguements for both ways.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 10:35:55 PM »

as much as we'd love to ban alts, it would then prevent anyone with more than one player in a house that has only 1 computer, as the only way to prevet alts is to limit it to 1 account per IP. We've had tis EAXCT disccussion too many times on this forum. Emi cannot ban alts, as it is impossible for him to know if it is 1 person playing them, or different people in the same house on the same computer.

It would also pose a problem if real life friends go to each other's house and play on their computer, as it would then ban one or both the accounts.

It just isn't practical unfortunately.

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:53:37 AM »

alts shouldnt b banned, people like 2 play multiple accounts and most people dont abuse them...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Saturn 7
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 07:31:22 AM »

Wanted to breathe some life into this debate......

My attitute to alts has changed during this round on main.  I've seen so much unecessary use of alts its become an even bigger issue. I've seen new players start with multiple alts, and I suspect a few higher ranked people are using multiple alts aswell.
I see dubious situations where I see people attacking where I'm 99% certain they are nebing their main accounts!
I'm pretty certain too that alts are attacking other players that are a potential threat to someones main account.
I would like to have alts limited to 1 alt per person, but know the difficulties in enforcing that without causing problems for multi players using one computer.
Maybe as part of the Gold account, it allows you 1 extra character? I know that could be difficult as what happens when the gold account expires or gets transfered.
I would like for all alts to be 'outed' and made public knowledge so that any abuse can be clearly seen. I would say for people to post their alts names, but that would probably only get a response from people who don't abuse alts!
Kellarn ak Thull
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 07:40:23 AM »

My own opinion is alts have their place and you should have the option to use them,

However, looking at this incursion, I think this is a bit much:

16          Kellarn ak Thull (#77874)   159156   17            ONLINE   8.827.247.804
72         L mikael roy 20000000 (#111462)   20472   1000            ONLINE   473.777.393
??      ?   Alien Hatchling   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   306.827.585
??      ?   Alien Hatchling   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   302.033.404
??      ?   Alien Mature   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   268.474.137
225         mikael roy 200000 (#111460)   6640   50            ONLINE   59.836.724
161         mikael roy 44 (#111628)   4421   1007            ONLINE   43.889.563
565         mikael roy 2 (#98146)   4985   0            ONLINE   12.754.185
??      ?   Alien Mature   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   7.652.511
??      ?   Alien Young   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   4.336.423
??      ?   Alien Alpha   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   4.208.881
??      ?   Alien Alpha   ???   ???   ?   ?   ?   ???   598.367
Sostesteg
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »

I thought those accounts were supposed to be banned