Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 03:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: design clones update  (Read 2977 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2006, 09:51:54 AM »

I've just updated the gold account room to be more clear and allow both royalty and private designs for gold account.

The problem was if your designs were private, the others could not clone them, but if you wanted to receive royalty, you would want to let them clone.

That's why you have a link there that can now enable you to control the behaviour of your designs.
Setting them to private mode, will make them invisible, and can not be cloned, setting to public, will make them visible again.
That way, you can switch between modes, and give designs only to trusted people.
Report to moderator   Logged

Ricu
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 03:16:44 PM »

You really should do something about the non-gold designs , gold members not always colnes them , but make them afther the design and that way you dont get the royaltys even if its your design. ive seen some of my swarmers renamed... I dont know how a gold account looks like but when someone searches for a fleet he should not be able to see the componts of that fleet even if he buys it , ony the stats , that way the designer keeps his secret.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »

yes I know, there will prob be another update soon that will make it so clones are marked and can't be cloned (copy is not as good as the original  laugh ), so if you need another clone, u clone the original again, not another clone...
this should also eliminate many of the duplicate desings...

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 03:41:56 AM »

ya i never get rolayties from my design's take the Themea in hand.. it has like 40 copies and alot of them are renamed...

or the deb, or the Peashooter... i have so many copies of my fleets i cant really call them my own anymore odds of me getting roylaties from someone from my own ships is usally a 1 in 50 chance...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 04:22:26 PM »

All you do is rename it, and it gets rid of the royalty. you should add the tag sir emi, but let us rename them if we wish, so that we can help prevent people from finding what design we're using.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: