Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 05:24:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Gold Accounts  (Read 9613 times)
shaneblack
Lance Corporal

IGN:ShaneBlackman/Read the Galactic History.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2006, 01:47:50 PM »

Well, i think that instead of paying $20 for a years worth of Membership, pay like $1.50 a month, which would be eesier and more n00bs and newbs would do, if they saw $20 to be a member they would think," Well if I find this game boring it would be wasting money so I'll wait for a while before I do". But if it was like $1.50 a month it would be more helpful as a steady income of credits a month instead of spending like 1.2 trillion over a year, and also they wouldnt need as much money on hand, because over here thats like  12 English pounds, (sorry my keyboard sucks and cant write the pounds sign) which is like almost 3 weeks pocket money (yes, child labour is still illagal, sadly, I could use some extra cash.).
and you'd get at least one more customer, Me
Please implement this I so badly want Gold. And my parnet dont like me using too much money on the internet,
*cough* paranoia....
Report to moderator   Logged

If practice makes perfect, but nobodies perfect, why practice?
Someone look at my story its the galactic history pleeez everyones loosing interest....
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:11:10 PM »

hmmm... an interesting suggestion, to say the least, but I am sure this will come strictly down to E's personal preferances.

either way, shaneblack, I suggest you make sure you fully understand how to play the game, before you donate.  this isn't like those otehr games that the only way to be good is to donate, you can donate and still end up doing horrible in comparison.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:09:07 PM »

yes i no and i think ive got the hang of this and anyway whats  50 pence?
Thats all i costs for like 12 bill......

Someone look at my story its the galactic history pleeez everyones loosing interest....
ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 07:58:40 PM »

the thing is there would definitly have to be a different bonus for getting gold then if this happened thoguh, because the credits you get are for that round only, if it was monthly ud get small amounts over time, and most people see the (what htey see as large) amount of credits so they donate...

shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 04:33:32 AM »

Yeah well, I kinda get what your saying but 12 bil for me would be quite good, and if i got that say every month plus all gold bonuses, for like 1 pound ($2) I would definetly do that like all the time, I just dont like to spend a lot of money at a time, and for me $20 is quite a lot, because I don't reguly get money.
$2 wouldn't exactely put me down every month would it
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 01:57:35 AM by shaneblack » Report to moderator   Logged

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 12:14:39 AM »

Ya, that'd actually allow me to maybe, possibly, quite conceivably get gold. ^_^"

Mom'd see $1.75 a month as a lot less then $20.

But it would create a lot more transactions and could cause trouble at his end. Not to mention you'd have to use a credit or debit card instead of check or money order if you wanted a reacurring monthly charge. Though it might be nice to have the option...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 01:57:38 AM »

Just donate for this, gold is for those people who want it, knowing they will play long enough to use it. Plus, to make the 1 month one recurring, he'd have to make the 1 year one the same.

shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 02:02:02 AM »

No, what I'm saying is he'd take out say $2 a month, though reacurring, but not all at the same time, (and the $2 a month is rough I think its about $4 out) because I don't like using quite alot of money in on go ecspecially on the internet.
And, yes, I would use it alot seeing all the bonuses making some aspects alot easier e.g. the time consuming Ship designing and buying, plus the extra 12 bill a month (again very rough).

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:13:54 AM »

Shane, I get that, but that wouldn't be fair to those who buy a gold account normally, for 2 things. !, if you make that version reoccuring, it would make this one as well, and it says it is not, so that would mess a lot of players up. and 2, even if you are only paying 2-4-whatever a month, being able to use all the same stuff a gold member can without paying full price,w wither you get full credit bonus or not, isn't fair. You could just get a gold at key moments and gain a huge advantage for less money then a person with normal gold. the gold account requirements to obtain are fine. You'll just have to shovel out more or live without i, you can win without a gold account.

shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 02:20:21 AM »

1) I meant it HAS to reoccure, I'm not trying to get an advantage, it just makes things soooo much easier, it should add up to $20 over the year, its just my parents don't like using money on the internet, ecspecially like 10-13 pounds which, again, for me is quite a bit to be using on the damned net!

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 11:47:45 AM »

If it has t obe recurring then its just gonan cause problems, like all you would have to do is cancel payment...

shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 12:54:16 PM »

awwww.... can i ever win... how about it HAS to be ONLY $2 a month no more $20 a year OK.
I NEED IT....

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 02:47:01 PM »

you dont need a gold to do good... and if ya really do need it pay for 1 year...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 07:07:54 PM »

The fact of the matter is it wouldn't be fair to the other players who have gold now. That's what matters, is that it is fair to SO as a whole. If you can't save up enough money to get the gold for 1 year, then you can't have it, that's the way it works.

shaneblack
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 02:08:47 AM »

I can't win...so I'm just gonna leave.....

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: