Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 06:32:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Market size increase  (Read 8134 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 04:17:45 PM »

if that would happen the market value would drop alot, and there would have to be more bids like 10 bids every 5 min rather than 5 to make up the difference, beacuse if it randomly generated like that with such low numbers people would never gain alot and the market would once again become useless
Report to moderator   Logged

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 12:15:59 AM »

I don't know about useless, Lamma.

As the market stood, players (myself included) could go from about 200 mill (voting bonus) to a few hundred bill in a day or two, without using turns.

With the proposed variable size, at the worst, you have to buy only 1 type of item to reliably buy/sell it.  The market is still, in this situation, good for profit.  You can still get large amounts of items (and thus credits) with Scarface's idea, it just is less common.

While I don't really enjoy the lower numbers (10000) everywhere NOW, I would really have enjoyed seeing those numbers earlier when my mothership was too small for the 1000000 amounts.  This means that the market will be good for people starting from fairly early.

If you could grow using the market at the same rate from beginning to where the top 10 players are now, players would double their money every few hours without turns.  So, I don't feel that the market should be truly effective for a player's entire life (as it is now).
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 08:58:30 AM »

i was just trying to improve scarfaces idea, i actally dont like that at all would peffer everything to be at 1mil to make it easy

BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2006, 09:04:50 AM »

The best way My opinion is to put on the market of 1k; 10k; 100; and 1 mil units that would be the best and it would also advantage the new players atention

Beter alive then dead ;)

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 09:15:15 AM »

then in that case make more bids keep it at what its at like 5 bid for 1 mil 3 bids for 100k 3 bids for 10 k 2 bids for 1k 1 bid for 100, but i think thats to much at that low level most ppl dont use the market doing missions and raiding is better so keep it at 1 mil like its soppost to be

Scarface
Private

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2006, 02:36:51 PM »

As many people have mentioned, the market is a bit "Too Good" for earning money. I discovered myself that it was much more profitable then missions or attacking. So if you want this to be a trading game with a bit of fighting, then leave the market as is and the game will be dominated by the same people game after game. The variable Idea would work well, however it would require a bit more knowledge and patience from the traders, but again, would be more realistic. The biggest trick in designing the game is to not make any one area dominant over all others as you will just get everyone doing the part that gives the best gains.

Emi could always get real tricky with it and make planets in the galaxy, all that have markets, then you have to physically transport the stuff 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »

the market is usally about the same with missions and encounters, i can usally get 10 tril from missions while barley getting 1tril form hours on the market, it really depends what your rank is.. at low ranks encounters are the best mid ranks the market is the best and at high ranks missions are the best...

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: