Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 10:06:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hit and Runs  (Read 6721 times)
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

There are those who call me....Timmmm

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:20:53 PM »

Alright enough is enough....there has got to be a change to the way counters work. Im tired of getting multi attacked and getting " xxxx's ship was too small and ran".  Crap, my base strength is too high to attack 90% of other commanders,  Is this fair? 
There needs to be a change to where at least one counter can be used w/ full fleet capabilities.  Multis could work on a reduced % sliding scale (ie 80% 2nd attk, 70% 3rd attk) and so on.  Its time to end this unintentional advantage.
Yes I know, I can send lower fleets, but combined w/ my base power, any fleet I can send in is anemic at best and gets shredded.  Its time to teach a lesson to Doom, SofiaB, Sniffy, and anyone else who uses these tactics.
Consider a nations military.  If it finds itself attacked and suffers damage, does it send out a force equal to the amount of people sent to attack them?  HELL NO!!  It sends out every resource available to it to punish and cripple the enemy.
Ive got some very nice ships, and they were effectively mothballed due to the current setup.
Emi, if the alliance fleets, and other upgrades will not be online soon (which is why we initiated D-Day), at least make this tweak.
Report to moderator   Logged

Do us all a favor, pull your bottom lip over your head -- and swallow
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 04:32:37 PM »

Well said Tim, well said.  I fully agree with this, it is EXTREMELY annoying to find that you cannot use counters because you can't even see that person, or that they are too low for you to attack them.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:29:59 PM by Charlemagne » Report to moderator   Logged

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 05:21:31 PM »

maybe it could that the only way to hit someone lower then 50% your power or so is if they are not nebbed.  if they are not nebbed then no limit going down.  what about that?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Charlemagne
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:31:59 PM »

But then that wouldn't be fair for some people.  For example:

Doom attacks 10 people.  One person counters and nebs him.  What about the other 9 people?  Do they not get a counter now that Doom is nebbed?  Because honestly, Doom drops like a lead weight after he gets attacked.

In this picture there are 40 people.  None of them can be seen.  In this film we hope to show you how not to be seen.
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 08:23:26 PM »

Not only that, but until Emi says otherwise, your point is purely conjecture Ars.  I didnt start this thread to solicit hypothesis, but rather to point out that there is a part of the gme that puts higher up commanders at a distinct disadvantage.
I see no problem with the current setup from an attacking standpoint (ie higher levels struggle to attack lowers), but counters are a different animal.  What use is it to do missions until my fingers bleed and my eyes cross if I cant even defend after an attack, esp. a multi attack.  And SofiaB was not nebbed when I had to counter w/ weak ships.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »

EXACTLY!

the whole point of not being able to attack below 50% of your power in counter is that maybe he did get that high, but then he got so fully pummeled by other people he is now well below 50% your power.

people like doom, if he was off-line, YOUR COUNTERS WOULD DO LITTLE TO NOTHING ANYWAY!

people like sofiaB is the one who hit and ran, where then he is safe from all attacks he provoked, without getting hit by anyone that would matter.  my suggestion would mean that either they got nebbed AFTER they hit you, or you can do it yourself.  either way, they ARE being nebbed.

I say this BECAUSE I BROUGHT UP THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM BEFORE AND THESE ARE MOSTLY THE RESPONSES I GOT.

I saw the attacks you took mrtim, and you should know by now those attacks would have stopped the very FIRST hit, if not second (in case they scouted first and didn't encounter your ships) because the second they attack they just hit your powerfleets, neb you, then you have 24 hours straight of protection from anyone attacking you, plenty of time to repair ANY damage done in 1-2 hits.

correct me if I am wrong on any points here.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

mrtimbr549
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:24:02 PM »

agreed, I did recover within 15 mins of coming online.   Youre missing the whole point of retribution and revenge though.  It would be nice to exact your pound of flesh.
And please. I know exactly ho to set up a trip fuse to protect my base.  That set up was for something else entirely.  Sometomes your the bug , sometimes your the windshield.  (thats windscreen for all our Limey friends)

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 02:18:54 AM »

I'm 100% w/ tim here ars. counters go through nebulas and later in the game, 51% of your enemy's power could be powerships, and they get destroyed, and then he's nebbed and you can't reach him. That wouldn't be fair at all. Counters can cross truces and nebulas, and I say it is high time they can cross all rankings too.

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 09:13:12 PM »

i thinky uo can attack lower ranked people in a counter if you use a weaker fleet % ship

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
mrtimbr549
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:03 PM »

Covered that,  i could send a fleet of app.1500 swarmers...re base strength

ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 06:45:26 PM »

yeh im revivin a topic a little bit old... but saw it in list of suggestions 1 how about for counters segments and money dont matter, the limit is simply 2x fleet power, similar to bounties... liek som1 is at 10 mil base power, they have 50 mil fleet so are at 60 mil powe,r regardless of oyur segments or cash yo ucan have up to 100mil fleet power to hit them.

charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 07:25:25 PM »

The reason I don't like that suggestion, is that I like to use counters to send a 1-space ship to scout out the person, mostly out of curiosity.
ShAd0wS
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 07:50:50 PM »

uhh you could still do that even with this suggestion...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 09:39:39 PM »

lol, I thought this was going to be something... completely different, but since it is only this, I might as well open a new thread for it... hit and run battle tactic thread coming your way 1

but anyway, since it is being revived, I agree to, I even suggested it myself as well, that some kind of counter should go through, but the main point consistently brought forward is that is it fair for them to bring up all that power, do their attacks, drop down, then get pummeled by everyone else around them, then you come and hit them further down.

now that I think of it...  ya.  but anyway, not the point.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 01:27:48 AM »

Counters are fair, to an extent. But I do think that only fleet power should count, and you can hit them with anywhere from 1 fleet power to 2x what their fleet power is.

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: