Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 20, 2024, 12:32:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel  (Read 3632 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 19, 2006, 07:30:21 PM »

here is an idea i posted on some random page of some random topic that sounds pretty good.. commets?

or lets not even go with that engine idea and just stick with having fuel be used as an alternet way to traval the galaxy without turns.. and mabey have your max-fuel capitcy be based on what encryption level you have, the more level you have the more fuel you can get.. and mabey even the faster you get it..

aka level 1 encyption - max fuel 150 per day (it would be like the vote, every 24 hours [not ever 24 hours and 30 min though!], you can click "resupply fuel" and get that amount) and 150 fuel is worth 150 turns.. (that isnt much, mabey 1-3 quadernts at most)

then level 2 is 175 max fuel
level 3 is 200
4 225
5 250

and so on.. this makes people want to raise encrpytion more to get more fuel, so that then they can traval the galaxy further, and it makes the encryption alot more usefull to ALL players... hell even i would want to raise my level, more encryption = 25 more fuel per level.. thats good! (and 25 isnt that much, 25 turns is mabey 1-3 stars at most)

well what you start it off at will depend on what emi may want, it wouldnt be that bad if level 1 starts off with only 25 fuel.. or even 0 (making you have to get level 2 before you can use fuel).. but the point is this will make people like the galaxy more, it will get people to use it more, it will make everyone want to raise encrption, and it would be an update (for once) that everyone would want...
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 07:35:22 PM »

and like I responded, I love the idea, and I think (lamma agreed on that page) that we should name the fuel Antimatter Hyperpropulsion Combustible Transportation Liquid, because it sounds big and official, and spacey. We all know real scientist give their stuff really ackward names that nobody can say/pronounce so we make a sub-name for it. This name is perfect. All in favor of the fuel idea, post. All not in favor, don't post, we don't care about you. All who like the name, please say so. Those who don't, suggest an alternative or deal with it and say you like it.

*1 post!*

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 08:26:30 PM »

it can be nicknamed

AHCTL as a shortend version lol.. for all thouse who dont want to type it out, i mean i can tell many people like to use shortcuts i mean look almost every major allaince has an abberivated name that most people use...

Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:10:55 PM »

seeing as i just got level 5 encrption i like it 1 would give a bigger point to those low profit encriptions

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 10:36:02 PM »

ya level 5 would be like 125 fuel, still not much but it starts to add up, thats 125 turns less you can use on the galaxy

(fuel will not be able to be used with missions or encounters, just for traveling only)

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 11:40:23 PM »

yes, it's a good idea, now if only you truly came up with it yourself... 16
yes... as long as you stick with that shortened version, lol.  it will probably be nicknamed fuel anyway laugh
and also:
this would again prove very useful in conjection with space gates, free travel between key systems (not many, just a select few, more then likely not even half may be close to one)

this would, in turn, encourage players to know WHERE these are, to actually look around, and make use of them.  it would also give them more strategic value once alliance bases and planets and such go in (this was also put in another topic)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:06:36 AM »

ya well other people give me ideas, actally i think i did come up with fuel a long time agao, but just know (after hear all the blaw blaw about engines in a different topic) deicded to actally make a suggestion on it.. its a good idea, make people do encrpyions more often, and overall make the galaxy more active...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 07:18:45 AM »

it's active enough, it just needs to be worth it more.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006, 08:14:46 AM »

it would have to be tested for unballance first, but it's an ok idea...

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006, 08:17:26 AM »

yea, we figured it would need testing to get it just right, but it would really make the galaxy a strategy thing, and well worth it.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: