Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 11:49:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fixes and scheduled new stuff  (Read 13992 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 03:58:04 PM »

i likes this idea  15 rockon
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 09:58:14 PM »

hmmm...  actually, I was thinking you were going to say the fleets WOULD be in danger, then if someone comes by and sees the salvage operation, they may attack and take what you found, lol...

come to think of it, how about setting up the DDay device around this?  well, I suppose this would be a bit different, so I'll put this in suggestions instead, but should be interesting 1  that way it can be discussed seperately
anyway, sounds really cool 1

hmmm... planet toadstool...  in the Mario galaxy... lol
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:22:11 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 08:28:08 AM »

I dont like real time idea. Realtime games are evil (try ogame or something like that).
Here i can log for half hour (ok more 16), do some missions etc. and logout. All people got same amount of time. In realtime games best are people who spend most time. Market is some example. If someone cam sit all day on market, he can made fortune easy. Thats why i dont even build warehouses in this round laugh

Alright... rip
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 08:31:43 AM »

In realtime games best are people who spend most time. Market is some example. If someone cam sit all day on market, he can made fortune easy.
haha tell me about it  12

i dont really like real time games either, but its good to have something that doesnt require turns or money too. besides, being active should pay out ;)

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »

hmmm...  how about an option of either so long doing it (like 30 minutes) or 'rush' it using the same time amount, only in turns, and thus instant. (in this case, 30 minutes = 30 turns, so cost 30 turns)  you could also put in a 10% rush fee (making it from 30 turns to 33 turns, etc.)

this would mean:
people with little time to play can simply rush everything, and play it like normal, using turns.
people with lots of time can simply wait the amount of time, saving them the turns.

this would of course mean that people with lots of time to play will be at an advantage then, but not a complete advantage.  (ie, both can do it, just one will have a disadvantage)

--edit: hehe, almost forgot.  do you have an approximate time of when this will be finished?  I dunno, just sounded like you did when you said 'scheduled' stuff...  anyway, keep up the good work 1

hmm... planet bacon?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 01:19:02 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2006, 12:11:23 AM »

yeah e i think the descion to make it into a real tiem thing wont be very god at all, since this is a turn based hting and i dont wnana have to be on 20 hours a day so i dont get passed out by som1 with a bunch of time and large amounts of caffenated drinks :S just make it cost turns, or make it so you dont get turns while you are doing it in real time so oyu cnat just keep doing them...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2006, 02:49:05 PM »

lol, guys, if he is doing what I it sounds like he is doing, it won't be so bad at all.  you can go and do as many missions as you want still, and that will still cost turns, it's just if you have to go for the day, the salvage operations will keep on going, finish, then wait for when you have a chance to come back.  no one can destroy your ships and steal the salvage or anything, so just come back when you want/can get it.

I'm just not really seeing the point then, may as well make it where it happens instantly happy
so I suppose I MUST be missing... something...  besides, parts of this game ARE real-time, market and DDay Device are both examples.  and to a certain extent, missions as well, because they only come back so fast.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 01:47:13 AM »

so we have went all over the galaxy and have not found a planet or an Item yet waht gives are they there or not

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 02:15:37 AM »

lol Frank planets are planed atm not implemented ... - I guess we all will realize it quite fast once they are implemented.  15

w/r bb
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 08:50:57 AM »

The items interface is almost complete, but I still have to run a few tests to see how it's ballanced.
this is a screenshot of the thing 1

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 08:59:28 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 03:49:52 PM »

sweet I love it :-) more boni to get ... and I really need better boni lol
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 07:11:13 PM »

You should have named yourself bigboni ^_^
UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 07:31:38 AM »

lol bigboni
Those boni are one time use, right?

Alright... rip
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 02:53:40 AM »

well I hope thay ll be kinda permanent boni :-)

and btw bigboni would fit atm lol :-)

w/r bb
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 01:45:36 PM »

so, what have we learned:

a) This game is getting many major overhuals, some good, some...well, not so good.
b) the item thing looks/sounds cool
c) no one but Sir Emi has any clue exactly how it works or if it will be fair to everyone
d) it's possible he doesn't know these things too.
e) We all hope he knows, or this could get bad.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: