Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 04:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Counters MUST be fixed  (Read 6599 times)
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 07:14:42 AM »

hum I think it doesn t since only best 10 fleets are used in battle ... - u put out some p-ships (like 10 fleets of them e.g.) and ur mission ships or attackships are save for that counter. - it would only work for ppl trying to hide low - in case of powering up it doesn t works.

- If it would add the attacking fleets to the 10 defensive fleets it would be unfair for the person using a counter and replacing fleets would turn all tactics useless ...

w/r bb
Report to moderator   Logged
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 07:29:18 AM »

then dont let it count for counters. simple  15

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »

if they are putting up pships there, then they will get knocked down by scouts in that counter, since you can scout indefintely it still seems with a single counter.  that alone would be reason enough for people to think twice.  but it does no good when you can't REACH them (being able to reach them of course being the whole point of this topic)

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006, 06:45:27 AM »

Yes, many bugs exist with counters.  I have held off posting here, hoping the problem would go away (read: e fixes it).  But I feel now I must add in that counters are in need of improvements.

Improvements needed:
No hit-and-run (or limited ability).  This means an attack, then loss/reserving of ships to below a hittable range still gives the person a counter they can use (not just hypothetically...ACTUALLY use).
Whether this means a full-force counter-attack, tagging the ships used in an attack for use in a counter (and for a way to keep it within the 10-fleet rule...if there are 10 fleets stronger than these, replace the last fleet with the fleets used to make the counter...the problem with doing this is...what if there's more than one counter, with different ships used?  This method may not be very feasible, as I am beginning to have troubles with all of the possible cases), being unable to reserve a ship used in an attack for the duration of all counters it was involved in creating, basing the power you can use in a counter off of the enemy's fleet power, or whatever, hit-and-run is an unfair tactic that deserves to be eliminated, because it gives an attack without repurcussion.

No infinite scouting to use a counter.  Either make a scouting on someone use a counter every time, or use a counter only when a fleet is engaged in battle.  Either way, scouting someone to death seems in itself an odd concept.

Scout attacks provide a counter.  When someone destroys your ships with a scout attack, that means two things.  One, you had really weak ships.  Two, someone just got a free shot on you, with no fear of a counter.  I have seen this tactic used many times, to scout someone, without having to worry about consequences (except for the enemy's anger towards you).  See above comment regarding scouting to death.

And while it doesn't necessarily belong strictly in counters, I agree with Lamma about the more than 10 fleets.  Either don't count the unused ships in calculating the power rating, or allow attacks based solely on what the power rating is listed to be.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: