Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 04:13:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New interest system  (Read 10400 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 09:23:28 PM »

when I say it makes it harder for people so high, I mean it makes it harder for EVERYONE who gets so high.  it doesn't help people catch up at all.  maybe for a bit, but only as long as it takes them to hit that speed bump as well.

and another thing, EVEN at 5%, or whatever, it is STILL more worth it to just do missions if you are doing that.  in a normal day of 'levelling up' my account (or at least what I call it) I may have 10B of workers.  ok, but by the time I am done with missions for that 1-2 days alone, I may go to 20-30B, just by doing missions, as in not being picky, just doing whatever mission I find, except for segments.

no, what I found growth and interest the most useful for, is when someone manages to raid your base everyday, growth and interest makes sure the loss isn't to horrible, as most of it can simply be regained through that.  but I have seen one single raid take up to (literally, I counted and took % estimate) 5% of everything you have in secret base.  ONE raid.  and you only as low as 1% a day?  especially when they can do up to 5 raids a day?

and before you say, well that's good, you are now able to damage those with huge bases, well, this will then hurt you to.  if you are actually taking down someone's secret base, that means after a while you may not have as much a base to raid, especially if they are inactive, which this will hit big time.
Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »

with thiss, something liek how lunanova was cant happen this round... you dont play you start sliding down hill FAST... which means ya go away fro a few days your really screwed... some kind of vacation mode setting or something should be added in now since ya cant make nything off bases...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 05:18:04 PM »

which is still pointless.  as soon as someone starts taking your segments away, you go down hill extremely fast.  losing up to 20% of everything everyday, plus negative worker growth until you have little to nothing, until all you have is your stash, then that will go down super fast since that will be almost everything, so when you get even 10% a day, you lose almost 20% of it.

so ya, are there still anyone here who disagree's with a vacation mode for when you go away for a couple months or something?

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 06:35:39 PM »

I want vacation mode, while workers will produce creds laugh notworking
No really, vacation mode would be nice...

Alright... rip
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 09:22:36 AM »

We will have a vacation mode, it's been on my list for a while now, I will inplement it next, thank you for the feedback

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 03:17:38 PM »

anyway, back tio what I really just wanted to know...

what DOES having the interest go back down have to do with exactly, with what you were saying originally? I just didn't get that...

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 08:18:25 PM »

That interest info is displayed in base now.
Interest increments by 0.01% for every 100 million, up to 10% for 100 billion, more then that will decrease for each 100 million by 0.01%, to a minimum of 2% per day. Values are for Gold members, for others interest and growth are half those values.

Alright... rip
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 01:07:47 AM »

What this means for non-gold members (in case anyone was wondering):

Having between 100 and 250 billion credits in your base is pointless!

What do I mean?

The math: at 100 billion credits, you earn 5% interest.  This means you get 5 billion credits/day.
At 150 billion credits, you earn 5-(500*.005)=2.5% interest.  This means you get 3.75 billion credits/day.
It is not until 250 billion credits, when you have been at 2% interest for a while, that you again earn 5 billion credits/day.

This gap of earning is not helped by putting points in increased interest, as shown below:
100 billion * 5%*(1+[interest bonus/100]) = 5 billion + 50 million*interest bonus
increases faster than
150 billion * 2.5% * (1+[interest bonus/100]) = 3.75 billion + 37.5 million*interest bonus

In short, unless you're gold, don't bother having 101-249 billion credits in your base.

Edit: I believe the same holds true for gold, as they simply earn 2x the interest of non-gold.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:13:37 AM »

Yes, something needs to be done about the growth and interest. I don't think that the interest is too bad, but I do think that workers need to generate more credits. I gain 20x more credits off of interest than I do workers in one day. I think that workers' growth and credit production should be increased by a factor of 5-10(at least). Workers migh be more valuable than they were before, but they are still a weak asset.

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »

It would be cool if workers could be cheaper, like 10 workers per credit 1
Atm. buying workers is plain waste of money...
If i could buy, lets say 50bil workers for 10bil creds, that would be good.

Alright... rip
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 01:57:10 PM »

oh and make workers be like 10 tril workers for 100k biofarms, beause now i have 800k biofarms, and 15 tril workers with a -8.6% gain on them.. gay?!?

and i peronaly like the old intrest thing better, i liked making that money with intrest, emi you sort of made the game easier to win, before sure som1 could go off and upgrade as fast as they can, but they will never know that this guy thats 1/5th his power is gaining 10x more intrest than he can make in a day.. you pretty much took one of the biggest concepts out of the game.. makeing the only way to win is by whoever can upgrade the fastest... and not who can use money and stragey to grow...

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 03:14:23 PM »

Or maybe remove cap for segments from missions, 1500 segments from mission at higher level is not enough. Income from trading food from biofarms is acually nothing.

Alright... rip
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: