Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 12:16:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: reserve fleets  (Read 3272 times)
xthex
« on: August 09, 2006, 07:58:51 PM »

hey if i put a fleet on reserve and some 1 attacks me can that ship take damage? and when i put it in reserve where does it go is there a way for someone to attack it
Report to moderator   Logged
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 12:05:11 AM »

Reserve fleets are ships that you have built that you stash in a hard-to-find location, where nobody can do anything to it.  The crew, however, enjoys being with the family, and so heads home.  That's why all of the fees when you bring it back.  Or at least, that's my hypothesis.

No, it can't take damage.  It also doesn't do any damage.
xthex
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 12:18:06 AM »

so do the marines come back when you recall your ship? and hard to find meaning that people cant do damage to it when they attack?
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 05:59:16 AM »

The fees are to cover maintainence i think? And you do keep all your marines when you activate a ship.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:12:56 AM »

basicly the ships are mothballed is a secure location in your mothership.  the cost to unreserve them is what it cost to bring them back from mothballs and to recall the crews and Marines

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 06:58:48 AM »

Yea...sorry I may have said it confusingly.

The only things that can happen with the ship when it's reserved are upgrading, buying more of the ship (which will increase the re-activation cost accordingly), resupplying marines (marines have no effect on the activation cost, by the way), and selling the ship.

Things that can't happen in reserve: ship attacks someone, ship is involved in defending attacks, ship gaining experience (happens in attacks anyway), marines are lost from ship, activation cost lowering (though it can increase due to resupplying the ships to a higher amount).
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: