Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 02:45:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Being able to see whos bidding on what on the market  (Read 4073 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006, 01:09:34 PM »

this gotta be implemented, as some ppl seems to have fun outbidding on the most expensive stuff so that ppl lose lotsa money, or when theres many ppl on using the market, as that usualy ends up in some outbidding war where none of the waring parts are the one whos really guilty of starting it all. i for one, is the kinda guy that likes to outbid on everything once ive been outbided 3 times or so. problem is that the things i then outbid on, rarely actually belongs to the outbider, it usually belongs to other ppl, especially frank 14
and when he mentions in chat that some1s outbidding, i say its me, but that i feel i got a reason for it as i cant be 100% sure that he wasnt the one starting (though i really dont think it is him), and this again doesnt smell of love now does it  19
so, plz implement something that makes one able to see whos bidding on what, so that misunderstandings like these doesnt occure, and so that the guilty one can be taken hand of =)
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:12:41 PM »

yes please do so I will know whom to attack

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »

ya... I don't like the sounds of this... and if you want to be taking care of misunderstandings, then no alliance name in bounty missions should be fixed first, before this.  I mean no offense, but the misunderstandings created by market pale in comparison to the amount of wars an innocent bounty almost started.

in itself... not much problem here, except for the fact that then if someone got a fresh shipment of 1 mil stuff, someone may take advantage and time their hits to help themselves to some of that stuff as well.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 11:34:10 PM »

yeah i really dont think this is needed, if oyu dont think the guy has bidded on other stuff, dont outbid on evrything...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 02:37:10 PM »

haha, hell u gotta use the market more ;)

-Winston Churchill
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »

if i use the market i WILL outbid on evrything XD  im impatient so wouldnt wait for new things to pop up XD... so lucky for you i dont 13

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »

ah good point  laugh

-Winston Churchill
fat monkey13
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 07:07:35 AM »

There's more important updates needed then this.

The only thing certain in life is death.
"Always look on the bright side of life" 'til you're died that is.
Life is full of all sorts of challenges, and once you've completed one, there'll always be another.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »

aight, when did i ever say this was the most important one? all u say its more important updates, and yeah there is, but 90% of the other suggestions aint that important either. stop whining and start using market to see what im talking about, or just su  4

-Winston Churchill
charmuska
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 06:18:37 AM »

Soppe is right.

First, often, you don't want to outbid certain people, namely alliance mates or those you get along well with.
Second, it would help to teach the outbidder a lesson (or attempt to) by outbidding only that person's items.  You don't necessarily want to draw a third party into the problem.  A bloodless war, so to speak, with no far-reaching side-effects.
Third, as Frank and Soppe mentioned, a lot of times people will outbid just to anger you.  So, to anger them back, you attack them.  Problem solved!

You can't steal items when you attack someone, by the way.  At least, not as far as I've ever noticed.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: