Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 04:10:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main - PvP improvements update  (Read 15824 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:28:51 PM »

We are updating SO Main to the latest PvP improvements like this, starting now so we can test this before the new round:

INCLUDED

- You get 3X more experience by killing fleets in PvP and the maximum / battle you can get in a PvP attack is 105.000 for both attacker / defender. A successful attack awards much more experience then a failed one. A successful defended attack awards much more then a failed defense.

- experience in battle is awarded based on destroyed fleet value now, rather than destroyed fleet power. Failing a mission / attack will get less experience then on success.
- you get the most experience from PvP attacks, 3X more / ship value destroyed and with a higher max / battle

- Auto Intel if player is inactive for 24h and not in nebula, location will posted in Intel Terminal. Improved Intel Interface so you can find players in your range easily.

- Before the attack on the war room, the system will recalculate the target power and remaining ships in order to give last minute info on the enemy. This should fix problems where the war room reported ships out, while there where none.

- Hologram Training was obsolete and confused newbies, they would sometimes use it and waste resources. It has been removed from Commander screen.

- improved Hunger warning, it will show the number of biofarms you need to feed your workers in case of hunger.

- Space Odyssey Official Training Alliance truce canceled, all members can PvP between them now.

-> Both ways PvP salvage
     - attacker will salvage 20% of defender losses (items & cr), defender will salvage 60% of own losses (cr), 20% lost
     - on success, attacker will salvage 50% of own losses (cr), defender will salvage 0% of attacker losses (cr), 50% lost
     - on fail, attacker will salvage 25% of own losses (cr), defender will salvage 10% of attacker losses (cr), 65% lost
    - uses maxed resupply bonus from the two parties
    - defender with 5 bil fleet can have max salvage from attacker fleet of 0.5 bil (10% of his own fleets worth)
    - attacker gets 20% so (max 20% of his own fleets worth)
+
-> Can not do mission / pvp attack while in nebula
   - you will get a warning and a button to click to get out of nebula
   - you can still do counter attacks

- Hall of Fame will record top 20 players / alliances from now on

NOT included in this update but may be included on the new round:

NOT INCLUDED

- The news will display: "A new beginning...  The Hall of Fame" link for everyone to see the winners for 24 hours after the end of DDAY.

- workers hunger rate goes further in the negative if there are not enough biofarms to sustain the workers.
  You still need 1 biofarm for each 2 million workers, however it is no longer possible to ignore the hunger by increasing the "Contraception Ban" commander ability. You get a lower hunger rate and more growth but it's harder to stay in the positive with not enough biofarms.

- removed obsolete ability "Black Market Dealer" and replaced it with "Line Assemble" when buying new ships.

- Mothership modules have increased resource requirements to build, in order to balance it better with the commander abilities. Requirements remain the same for: "Advanced Biofarm Collector", "Advanced Debries Collector", "Time field generator".
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:37:46 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

First PvP attack of the update

Pepekiki(#129734)'s 289 Protec are destroyed during battle.
Pepekiki(#129734)'s 128 Protec are destroyed during battle.

You boarded Pepekiki(#129734)'s fleet and mothership.
You destroyed Pepekiki(#129734)'s 417 ships and lost 8/10 ships.

Primary Objective: Destroy 10% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada then the enemy.
Your attack was successful and you gained 6 segments, while destroying 12 segments.
Pepekiki(#129734) lost more power than you during battle.
(+10 Exp)

After the battle, your fleets check the enemy wrecks for salvage...
Something was found:
You found 1.656.607 credits.
7 x Silver Hack Card

KenquinnTheInsaneOne(#59844)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
KenquinnTheInsaneOne(#59844) found 660 credits.

Pepekiki(#129734)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
Pepekiki(#129734) found 5.719.822 credits.
Report to moderator   Logged
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:53:30 PM »

That went into this category:
- attacker will salvage 20% of defender losses (items & cr), defender will salvage 60% of own losses (cr)
- on success, attacker will salvage 50% of own losses (cr)

First PvP attack of the update

Pepekiki(#129734)'s 289 Protec are destroyed during battle.
Pepekiki(#129734)'s 128 Protec are destroyed during battle.

You boarded Pepekiki(#129734)'s fleet and mothership.
You destroyed Pepekiki(#129734)'s 417 ships and lost 8/10 ships.

Primary Objective: Destroy 10% of the enemy while losing less percent of the armada then the enemy.
Your attack was successful and you gained 6 segments, while destroying 12 segments.
Pepekiki(#129734) lost more power than you during battle.
(+10 Exp)

Something was found:
You found 1.656.607 credits.
7 x Silver Hack Card

KenquinnTheInsaneOne(#59844)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
KenquinnTheInsaneOne(#59844) found 660 credits.

Pepekiki(#129734)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
Pepekiki(#129734) found 5.719.822 credits.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:55:07 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 03:02:56 PM »

This is bull crap.
If I capture a ship, and I have max resupply, I SHOULD STILL GET HALF THE ORIGINAL COST. I didn't buy the ship, so I should be able to sell a captured ship and get half the original value... total bullcrap.

Selling all ships and upgrades...
You gained 144.000.000.000.005 credits from selling the ship(s) and upgrade(s).
You sold 1 ships with 30 marines on them. The fleet has 0 ships left.

I should get 500 trill for this ship ^^^^^

Second attack with new update... which I'm beginning not to like... resource items are totally useless Emi.

Assault result

TheRealMannaman15(#29733)'s 11.800.000.000.000 marines where killed in the battle.

highlandknight(#103445)'s 1 Prophet's 700T are destroyed during battle.
highlandknight(#103445)'s 1 Prophet's 500T are destroyed during battle.
highlandknight(#103445)'s 59.000.000.000.000 marines where killed in the battle.

You boarded highlandknight(#103445)'s fleet and mothership.
You destroyed highlandknight(#103445)'s 2 ships and lost 0/6 ships.
1 ships from highlandknight(#103445)'s Prophet's 1Q fleet captured during battle.

Incoming transmision!
Thank you for your help commander, you have been awarded 182,883,000,000 credits and 100,000 experience bouns.
highlandknight(#103445) lost more power than you during battle.
(+160650 Exp)

Something was found:
You found 38.399.584.620.911 credits.
30 x Smaller Ice Container

highlandknight(#103445)'s fleets salvage what they can from their wrecks...
highlandknight(#103445) found 115.199.999.999.980 credits.

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:05:19 PM »

Mannaman15 its to prevent credit exploits not just to annoy yo

I love the new update make about 4 bill in 10 minutes 12
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:18:36 PM »

I like some parts of it, I dont really like how you can get your ships pwnd and get credits for it

V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »

Capturing ships is totally random... please explain to me exactly HOW you could use this as an exploit?!?!!?

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »

Capturing ships is totally random... please explain to me exactly HOW you could use this as an exploit?!?!!?

Alliance members.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 03:34:16 PM »

There are ways to do it I am not saying how there is no reason for me to tell you how to exploit something. Even if you cant do it right now due to the current updates.

I am a well know member of the community and I have never be know to lie about how the game works.
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »

My point is that when you board, you cannot guarantee you CAPTURE a ship... you could try 100 times and only capture one, or even none... If there is no guarantee, I think you would waste more money trying then you would make... I know that I could take attack off a ship and let some little guy board, but he might try 10 times before he gets the ship... but eh, waste of money to try. Still think you should get half the stated resupply cost

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

My point is that when you board, you cannot guarantee you CAPTURE a ship... you could try 100 times and only capture one, or even none... If there is no guarantee, I think you would waste more money trying then you would make... I know that I could take attack off a ship and let some little guy board, but he might try 10 times before he gets the ship... but eh, waste of money to try. Still think you should get half the stated resupply cost
No at least 50% of the time you capture ships if there is more then 1k in the fleet. When there is only 1 or 2 ships in a fleet then the chance is much worse.

The main issue is lets say you Kyle and want to give some credits to NightShadow

Kyle has 10,000 time more case then NightShadow thus he can afford to do it until he gives some to NightShadow the amount Kyle loses is nothing compared to what NightShadow gains.

That how you would do it now lets say Kyle has max discount on his ships. That makes them cost 16% of their base price so he can put out a ship 3.125 times before he starts wasting money by giving it to NightShadow.

Now if two Vetrans of this game tell you that it could be used to exploit S² (poop down and shut up) they know better then you

I am not going in to this more
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »

- Space Odyssey Official Training Alliance truce canceled, all members can PvP between them now.

Why, if they want to hit eachother they can simply leave.

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 07:08:28 PM »

havent had a chance to test the new PvP update, ut from what i have seen it looks good

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:11 PM »

Why, if they want to hit eachother they can simply leave.
Then they cant get help and that is the point of the newbie alliance
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 11:17:22 PM »

i agree with the not being able to sell it for 50%  your line should effect the amount you sell it for.. its always been that way with captured ships.. there is no reason for it to change.

im not sure i like giving money to those who got killed.. but it will make it easier for them to stay up. so i guess its a good update

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: