Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 03:22:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SO Main - New Round Updates  (Read 14071 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:44 AM »

- Hall of Fame will record top 20 players / alliances from now on

- You get 3X more experience by killing fleets in PvP and the maximum / battle you can get in a PvP attack is 105.000 for both attacker / defender. A successful attack awards much more experience then a failed one. A successful defended attack awards much more then a failed defense.

- The news will display: "A new beginning...  The Hall of Fame" link for everyone to see the winners for 24 hours after the end of DDAY.

- Auto Intel if player is inactive for 24h and not in nebula, location will posted in Intel Terminal. Improved Intel Interface so you can find players in your range easily.

- Before the attack on the war room, the system will recalculate the target power and remaining ships in order to give last minute info on the enemy. This should fix problems where the war room reported ships out, while there where none.

- Hologram Training was obsolete and confused newbies, they would sometimes use it and waste resources. It has been removed from Commander screen.

- workers hunger rate goes further in the negative if there are not enough biofarms to sustain the workers.
  You still need 1 biofarm for each 2 million workers, however it is no longer possible to ignore the hunger by increasing the "Contraception Ban" commander ability. You get a lower hunger rate and more growth but it's harder to stay in the positive with not enough biofarms.

- improved Hunger warning, it will show the number of biofarms you need to feed your workers in case of hunger.

- removed obsolete ability "Black Market Dealer" and replaced it with "Line Assemble" when buying new ships.

- Mothership modules have increased resource requirements to build, in order to balance it better with the commander abilities. Requirements remain the same for: "Advanced Biofarm Collector", "Advanced Debries Collector", "Time field generator".

- Space Odyssey Official Training Alliance truce canceled, all members can PvP between them now.

-> Both ways PvP salvage
     - attacker will salvage 20% of defender losses (items & cr), defender will salvage 60% of own losses (cr), 20% lost
     - on success, attacker will salvage 50% of own losses (cr), defender will salvage 0% of attacker losses (cr), 50% lost
     - on fail, attacker will salvage 25% of own losses (cr), defender will salvage 10% of attacker losses (cr), 65% lost
    - uses resupply bonuses to calculate real value of ships from the two parties
    - ex: defender with 5 bil fleet can have max salvage from attacker fleet of 0.5 bil (10% of his own fleets worth)
    - ex: attacker gets 20% so (max 20% of his own fleets worth)
+
-> Can not attack while in nebula
   - you will get a warning and a button to click to get out of nebula
   - you can still do counter attacks

The updates are ready to be implemented in the new round.
May make to update during DDAY to see how the PvP works  laugh

I've done a lots of testing with PvP and I must say I'm liking this new can't hide and salvage tactics to regroup, it gives a new meaning to PvP and it's actually possible to gain ranking and levels just by doing PvP. We're in for a very interesting new round on Main  17

God Speed commanders!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:37:00 AM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:03:45 AM »

workers hunger rate goes further in the negative if there are not enough biofarms to sustain the workers.
  You still need 1 biofarm for each 2 million workers, however it is no longer possible to ignore the hunger by increasing the "Contraception Ban" commander ability. You get a lower hunger rate and more growth but it's harder to stay in the positive with not enough biofarms.

nerfed... you can never get enough bio farms... and now u totally nerfed workers...

Mothership modules have increased resource requirements to build, in order to balance it better with the commander abilities. Requirements remain the same for: "Advanced Biofarm Collector", "Advanced Debries Collector", "Time field generator".

again nerfed... why are u trying to make it harder...

like the pvp updates...

hate the ones quoted and the unable to power down 1, but apart from that good updates... please remove sucky ones that help absolutely nothing and solve nothing and just make it harder to play the game with limited time...

Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 09:27:19 AM »

Overall I like the changes, however, as Kyle stated the changes made in regards to workers and station modules cost seems strange. I can see this affecting new players and it would take much longer for them to upgrade certain skills. However, I think we can only wait and see in the new round.

I think you should have the PVP update for doomsday including the experience update. This will give everyone some time to learn the new PVP changes for the new round.

One small question, will increasing the salvage skill also increase the amount of money we can make from PVP or is that exclusively for items? If this skill is exclusively for items then I suggest you should change it so it can include an increase in the amount of credits received.

Another small question, I thought that update for the nebular was that no turns can be used? However in this update you specifically say that you cannot attack? Do you mean attack in terms of PVP or in terms of the aliens and missions? If it is the latter, are we still able to roam around the galaxy?
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

shouldn't this have been tested on the test server first? i mean the test server is just a waste of money unless u use it.

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 12:28:44 PM »

I think you should have the PVP update for doomsday including the experience update. This will give everyone some time to learn the new PVP changes for the new round.

That's what I was thinking, to do the update during DDAY so you have a chance to test it at higher levels.

One small question, will increasing the salvage skill also increase the amount of money we can make from PVP or is that exclusively for items? If this skill is exclusively for items then I suggest you should change it so it can include an increase in the amount of credits received.

With the increased PvP salvage, the attacker gets more items & credits then previously, the defender get credits. With the increased salvage there will be a lot more resource items and possibly a faster chance to max if the mothership modules costs where left as it was.

Another small question, I thought that update for the nebular was that no turns can be used? However in this update you specifically say that you cannot attack? Do you mean attack in terms of PVP or in terms of the aliens and missions? If it is the latter, are we still able to roam around the galaxy?

It was easier to put restrictions on all the attacks against PvE / PvP / planets, then it was to restrict every turn usage action. You can still move around the Galaxy while in nebula, but you can not do missions or anything. If you try, you'll get a warning and option to leave nebula. It's not automatic, you'll need to click YES to leave.

Fairfrozen01
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »

Give me a reason to not say eww to the top 20 HoG thing..
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »

I like most of these updates, especially the PvP ones.  I agree that they should be updated for DDay

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pirate55
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 05:58:02 PM »

workers hunger rate goes further in the negative if there are not enough biofarms to sustain the workers.

nerfed... you can never get enough bio farms... and now u totally nerfed workers...

Mothership modules have increased resource requirements to build, in order to balance it better with the commander abilities. Requirements remain the same for: "Advanced Biofarm Collector", "Advanced Debries Collector", "Time field generator".

like the pvp updates...

hate the ones quoted and the unable to power down 1, but apart from that good updates... please remove sucky ones that help absolutely nothing and solve nothing and just make it harder to play the game with limited time...

yea i think i agree with spayed on this one the mothership modules recours requirements shouldnt be raised....

everything else looks great though, and starting the pvp updates for dday would be cool   
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »

like the pvp updates...

yea i think i agree with spayed on this one the mothership modules recours requirements shouldnt be raised....

everything else looks great though, and starting the pvp updates for dday would be cool   

Based on the tests I've been running, not increasing the mothership module costs with the new increase in PvP salvage resource items will make commanders max faster then now. We want a round to last more then two months on average.

Thank you.

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 07:59:41 PM »

You guys been complaining about maxing too fast anyways 16
These updates sound good Emi.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »

fixing the worker commander bonus fixed the problem about maxing.. thats how people have maxed so quick..

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 11:35:19 PM »

rounds have been lasting more then 2 months...

and cam it wont slow me down much :d, just make me do more 13

we dont want rounds 2 last much longer then 2 months.. pritty much the round is won or lost in the first 2 months.. its pritty clear by that stage who has the upper hand.. and there isnt alot that anyone can do about it.

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 04:02:40 AM »

yeah i think the worker bonus thing will slow ya down a bit.. won't change who's out in front, but you will be out in front with your planet then its just a grind war after that.. which isn't really awsome.. that part of the update just made for more grinding

Spayed
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 04:18:02 AM »

yea will slow me down, and i guess i can see the reason for it..

but seriously rounds are too long as it is.

but really increasing the resources cost it not needed at all. its already incredibly expensive..

OH AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE TOP 10 = TOP 20... ITS RIDUCULOUS!! THERE IS LESS THEN HALF THE PLAYERS THERE USED  2 BE... SHOULD BE REDUCED TO THE TOP 5 NOT INCREASED...   PLEASE REMOVE THIS IMMEDIATELY.. ITS UN CALLED FOR AND IS A JOKE QUITE FRANKLY.. ITS SUPPOSED 2 BE HARD 2 GET TOP 10 NOT ATTAINABLE BY CLICKING AN ALT FOR 10 MINS...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:24:10 AM by Spayed » Report to moderator   Logged

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 12:31:55 PM »

Hopefully people will use this update in a good way, not to make rounds last longer, but simply to end the round before somebody maxes.

And personally i like the top 20, because it gives the new/inexperienced players something to look forward to when they see that the top 10 is already being completely dominated by you guys.  Its not like we are getting cash prizes, we just want to feel like we can accomplish something

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: