Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 06:59:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: System Design  (Read 9150 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »

The better option is to introduce a weapon multiplier, a realistic option is to install the same weapon / system several times on a ship if you have the power / capacity, with all the penalties of course (shields, weapons stacking), just like installing one weapon, but making it show 3 x Disruptor Beam for example...

If I have a ship with 100 space left and a weapon blueprint that says it takes 10 space, it doesn't make sence for me to design another 9 blueprints to be able to fit another 9 variants of the same weapon.

This should actually make it easier on the server, as it is only one record with an aditional field of how many, instead of 3 records...

However, it requires a good deal of work and testing to make sure that it does not cause bugs in the ship designs, but I will place it as a high priority, as it is a good idea.
Report to moderator   Logged

djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »

HEYY!! Nice one Emi.... you da man! Sounds good! REESPEC'  19

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 02:09:31 AM »

Thanks Emi, thats awesome!

wow, you're really fat.
Remfer
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 08:55:37 PM »

finally...YES PLEASE WORK ON THAT!!! because i sugguested it a while ago cause the swarmer i'm useing (a power ship) has like 50 weapons that are the same
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 01:33:46 AM »

Bad idear, now a few people made a good powership, if everyone can design it easily, it will remove the only hard to design design, and therefor remove royalties.

Remfer
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 05:29:12 PM »

but making 50 systems in most other games would make 50 different things...usually in most games if you see a sword and you buy 50 of them there aren't 50 different versions that are exactly the same with the same name, it's the same thing bought 50 times
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2007, 10:36:23 AM »

love the idea emi, hopefully u can get it in the game as quickly as possible, that will help my P shippy design come along alot faster ;D

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2007, 09:23:12 PM »

This is not gonna be faire -,-' I've been working for like 3 hours on my powerships, and with this update, you say I have done all this work for nothing?
And with the new powership I'm working on I've already been working for 4 hours on it, so I say this is no faire -,-' 'cus you can just say: click and put 100.000 of these weapons in the ship...

Then I'm like: I did not put in all this effort just to hear that a new update will make sure I did this all for nothing...

Greetz, ABI w00t2

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 01:21:46 AM »

great idea (especially since I suggested it like... years ago  laugh )

ditto bigbroni  7

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Remfer
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 06:41:45 AM »

This is not gonna be faire -,-' I've been working for like 3 hours on my powerships, and with this update, you say I have done all this work for nothing?
And with the new powership I'm working on I've already been working for 4 hours on it, so I say this is no faire -,-' 'cus you can just say: click and put 100.000 of these weapons in the ship...

Then I'm like: I did not put in all this effort just to hear that a new update will make sure I did this all for nothing...

Greetz, ABI w00t2

Games evolve.  One round it might be you have to work hard, and the next it gets easier, or at least faster paced.  This way your not wasting time.  If you have 3000 turns u'd rather build up ur pships and get on with missions and only take five minutes for pships so you get back more turns and don't waste some instead of going for hours just to make a fleet and then you lost all thoes turns that could have been retrieved
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: