Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 25, 2024, 10:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Wars Server  (Read 19443 times)
DarkChaos
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »

I agree with jessie.. I have no problem with everything but tech being reset.. If tech is reset than I am quitting as well..
Report to moderator   Logged
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2009, 05:27:07 PM »

If tech doesn't get reset then everyone needs to get the average tech from something like the top 90.
Not just keeping what they have cause then its just going to go the same way it has now.
You gotta think how long it took you to get that tech then realize that is how longer longer it will take new players to catch where you are now while your still putting it ahead.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »

are you guys even thinking about the server or are you all so stuck on not wanting to lose all your work that you don't care if the entire wars server is dieing and keeping tech is just going to ensure that it dies again.
Think about if you just joined and then learned that although your in the same power level as everyone they all have 1.5+ years of tech would you keep playing?

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »

you know what qualopec? you're right. i quit anyway.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »

Thats why I thought the server would be such a nuts idea from the moment it was started. This would happen eventually. I'm sticking to PvE. And its almost dead already. Except for 3-4 active players. The rest are on maybe once a few days. Main is done for, its over. Only vets can seem to play, they get top ten, no one else. Emi doesn't wanna teach anyone how to play good for any server. At all. No good startup designs. No reseting servers. He doesn't wanna do jack. This game is dead. I give a few more rounds on PvE and me 'n' Magicat will be all thats left. By then WARS will be destroyed, picked apart by former friends argueing. You guys have to learn that its a f**k**g game. Its not real life. Learn to make friends before fixing this jackassed server. As in, stop argueing amongst each other and make up. Only then does the server stand a chance. I've said my part, and unless someone listens to this, unless Emi reads all the complaints going down, all the good ideas and inspirations his players are coming up with, I'm done. I've been around my WARS server friends so long now that they feel like family to me. I don't know how anyone else feels, but I don't want a game to ruin this. If its tearing you apart, just leave this game altogether, before your enemies and not friends.

~See you all 'round, hope you heed the words of mine posted here, and of others posted 'round the forum. Keep your head up, your wits about you, and friends all around. Goodbye.~
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:05:11 PM by Truth Of Mind » Report to moderator   Logged
kspoosh
Private

Only a worm can truly kill.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »

does PvE gets reset?

i might join in on the fun
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

PvE works the same as main but with no attacks. Feel free to join, I'm sure Ted will let you into Preservation Of Faith, he and I will teach you how to play there. I'm pretty sure your too used to WARS to know how to play on PvE/Main. At this point, its way more fun than WARS, for the few people it has, its still more active and friendly than WARS seems to be. Mail Faded on there if you want to chat to him, he can help.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 02:36:05 PM by Truth Of Mind » Report to moderator   Logged
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »

meh wars is dead as far as i know.

my idea:

have a total reset. and i mean everything including tech and modules. then make everything harder to get ie:
takes more missions to lvl up encryp lvl
bios, ac, sn give a lower bonus (note i didn't include bhs as well they are in low supply anyways)
ships give more power
attack:hp ratio is controlled so it's always between 1:0 - 10:1
etc, etc

Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 01:58:30 PM »

I think we need to fix what killed it in the first place alts, tinies, and people not being able to catch up.
For alts same IP not being able to hit same IP and a no longer letting alts be legal should work.
For tinies like I already suggested remove marine components.
and as for people not being able to keep up remove anyone that has not been active for two months or so and when you join you get the average tech, CP, Modules, segs, and encryption level of the server.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »

Alts were ever a problem on WARS?  confused

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 06:46:29 PM »

Yes alts were a problem especially for lower player when the alts are getting creds from their main or they are getting hit by mains for attacking an alt.

Qualopec
Lance Corporal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:41 PM »

THE CHAOS asked me to post this since he doesn't have a forum account it his idea for how to fix it:

once you max, you can either stay maxed, or enter a kind of prestiege mode, where you lose everything, but ya get a special military ranking with new unlocks and technology.

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 03:10:28 PM »

Ok, this is what I think should be done:

Once a SO WARS player maxes (not by feeding from another maxed or close to max, but by himself), he will receive a Gold upgrade / extension of 1 year (with Gold credits bonus).

In exchange for the Gold upgrade / extension and bonus, the commander will give up the following:

- fleets, secret base stash & workers, mothership credits (except Gold bonus), items, encryption level, credits in mining facilities / credits on planets, experience / commander level.

The commander will get to keep:

- mothership modules, research levels, space stations, mining stations, planets with colonists, mothership size.

I will check the logs of every maxed player on a regular basis to see that there is no transfer / or feeding involved. If a commander maxes out with the help of another maxed commander, then the above will apply, but he will not get the Gold upgrade / extension.

The changes above will take place in one week from now, 18 June 2009. Further changes to the above may occur until then.

Note: People that feed from the maxed players and attack others will be fined.

You are free to comment, suggest changes.

Thank you.

June 19 and nothing new on Wars 10

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »

The maxed players on SO Wars will be reset today. A message will inform them of the reset.

After that, the Galaxy on SO Wars will be re-seeded with asteroid resources.

Other updates will follow up to balance / make it harder to max.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: