Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 02, 2024, 01:44:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Planets Update schduled for Sunday 9 March 2008 - SO WARS  (Read 2770 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: March 08, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »

The extensive testing will continue until tommorow, when we will update SO WARS.

Thanks to all that helped with the testing.

Planets Guide:

http://wiki.spaceo.net/index.php/Guide:Galaxy:Planets
Report to moderator   Logged

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »

Need more testing imo.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 07:49:55 PM »

Sir Emi I would like to see this one SpaceO main will it be added at the start of a later round? I also think it needs more testing.
whitelightercarl
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

I agree with tz and kenquin, the planet project needs more testing.

CP:

CP cost is too high, this would make the gap between the top players and the players that can't take on a higher level bio experiment even larger. Maybe a secondary option that will utilze turns instead of CP will work for the lower end players.

Turns:

Turn cost for research is a bit too high.

Credits:

The credit cost is just alright for the top end players but again this amount is a bit too high and it might cause new players to loose interest playing SO

Minerals:

Stone cost is a bit high IMO..

I'll post more comments later  1

SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:50 PM »

Tech costs are ok for SO WARS, on SO Main the planets will be introduced in a few days, tech costs will be lower on Main.
Still, there will be some time before planets production starts to get going, I will monitor the planets creation and production in the following days after the SO WARS update. Test server will still be opened for testing until further notice.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 12:21:16 AM »

Testing seems very limited.  I know it was around a little while - but I only tried it out the other day, Ive done basically nothing in the test area.

Only Nightguard from my alliance looks like he even had a good look at it, and that was still superficial.

The rate of mining seems ridiculously low - diverting to mining seems a waste of time when bases are so much more efficient.

Credit production seems to be not too bad - the segs costs might flatten this thing out, but I think they will top out quite high (it will take a while) - they will definitely be high income streams using the current process.

As far as combat is concerned - I dont really know - never had a chance to try it out. 

From what I saw though, defensive strats are going to be extremely one dimensional.  I wont post what I think, but Im sure 99% of players will only use one defensive method - similar to cloaking on bases - and every other type of defense is just a waste of time.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: