Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 05:44:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: system for designing  (Read 9371 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 12:47:54 PM »

Al swarmers costing more then 15k sux, by definition.
Report to moderator   Logged

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »

depends on ur reasoning.
ive calculated the stat:credit ratio after absorb and accuracy are counted for, and my best super swarmer gives about 2 times the stats to 1 credit as ur xorpitroll does  1

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:06:43 PM »

Xorpitrolls as stated in cotaforums by me, are swarmers meant to give allot of power.

The swarmers I use myself for optimising attack power are way more efficient over 3x as efficient.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 04:32:55 PM »

i know that design as well
if im not mistaken, u use imihirs swarmer. he swarmer depends on the persons style. since i dont use 10 fleets of swarmers, i dont mind if my swarmers give a bit more power. although, u have a different taste and like swarmers that give less fp so u can use them in large numbers. my point was that superswarmers are not useless.

actually, ive thought a bit about this. this could only be done on the main server, but since u can max out a ships stats, why not but 8k of a ship that costs less. it would have 2.5 times less attack than the max, and 11 times less hp than the max. u would be paying more, but u would get 8k ships with the same stats for the price of only a couple with maxed stats without the swarm bonus.

a swarmer is a ship that takes advantage of the swarm bonus, no matter how big they are.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »

I didnt said larger ships aint swarmers I said they suck, they are not cost effective at all. Either buy a tank or a small swarmer everything in between just ain effective.

The swarmers I now use are called Imihirs Swarmers but they are not the swarmers I use myself are way better then Imihirs swarmers, have a diffferent size cost and everything then them.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »

k
in that case i dont know the design. but superswarmers are very cost effective, actually, the bigger u go, the more stat:cred u get. although also the bigger u go, the more fp u get.

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 08:33:50 PM »

Per ship yes, total attack in a fleet no. Show me the first "good" superswarmer, there are none. Maybe that in your "world"they are good. Yeah you can even give the shields and computers and defence, but if your so eager on getting then. Just buy yourself a tank that atleast has use.

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 09:16:41 PM »

you are correct in that atm, but alas i have different uses for my swarmers than most  7
ill leave it at that so that i dont go too much into my fleet setup/power.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »

The reasoning behind swarmers is that you get lovely % bonus once you get enough ships - when you start using huge ships for swarm fleets, you can't effectively get a nice % bonus - 8k ships doesn't give maximum swarm bonus last time I played.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 06:47:10 PM »

no it doesn't give the max swarm bonus, but if u have enough stats, it effectively gives more stat:cred ratio than smaller swarmers. about 2.5X atk and 11X hp something near 3-4X for defence but im not sure

the max swarm bonus for small swarmers is something around 5X atk and idk for hp or defence

im not gonna argue about it because people have their preferences, but those are the stats.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 01:18:46 AM »

If your ships are large ships, then a swarm of 8,000 ships or more will net you the maximum swarm multiplyers for large ships.  Regardless of the size of your ships, you will get a swarm bonus.

With very large ships the maximum swarm multiplyers are; Attack and Defense x 2.429, Hit Points x 11.000, these apply if you have a fleet of 8,000 or more ships.

These style of swarmers are extremely cost effective from an operating point of view if they have high absorb values.  There are two problems with them though. 

One; attack power is very low compared to the small swarmers (small swarmers exploit the constant value in the weapon attack power equation). 

Two; the capital cost for the fleet is massive.  They are most cost efficient when they achieve 80% absorb - a properly optimised ship needs to be around 250 billion credits cost to achieve 80% absorb (with no CP or Module bonuses).

I like big swarmers - but I think it will be a long time before I can afford a fleet of them.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 01:32:29 AM »

As for small swarmers - well theres a couple of different types.  Kami swarmers, and conventional defensive swarmers.

As with all mathematical problems, theres an infinite number of ways to get the wong answer, and only one correct solution.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: