Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
June 02, 2024, 08:48:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holo training deathmatch  (Read 9760 times)
Remfer
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 10:08:07 PM »

i think there should be new ships just for the simulator like simulator-swarmer or simulator-power or something and u battle with already pre-uploaded simulated ships to test the outcome.  of course the ships would be in a variety of powers and ranges...but just having two people simulate a battle...if the defender loses then the attacker would just attack in the game
Report to moderator   Logged
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

to me the point of this is so you can scout some one see there ships then use the simulator to devise a plan to do some damage which id like

WARS Account= Overmind
BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »

The fact is that both person must agree on the simulator so if you where scouted by that guy you should be stupid to accept the simulator  16

Beter alive then dead ;)

Aurelian
Private

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 12:35:54 AM »

How about make it so you can only have the simulated battle against someone in your alliance?

"If we increase the size of the penguin until it is the same height as the man and then compare the relative brain size, we now find that the penguin's brain is still smaller. But, and this is the point, it is larger than it *was*." - Quote from Monty Python's Flying Circus.
BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 02:17:25 AM »

That wouldn't be fun i mean i would simulate aginst Light and the crew i want to kick lama's but in the simulator  16

Beter alive then dead ;)

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 10:58:49 AM »

yeah this would be pretty coool 1 ive seen something almost exactly liek this on another game i play (you challenge som1, they accept, the ships fight it out, you dont lose or gain anything) and it works fine there, i dont see how it would not work on SO... to make it a little more interesting yo umight wanna include a win/loss record in the battle theater just for fun ;)

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 03:59:51 PM »

and as I see ppl on SO the just for fun will not work ... - I am afraid :-/

w/r bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 08:30:13 PM »

how about this, which is a LOT easier, and probably more doable to:

you have an area with 10 slots on the left side, 10 on the right, and on each slot, you may pick 1 ship out of your own current designs (or all designs if gold) for each slot, then possibly a couple battle related skills at the bottom for each side, and hit start 1

the comp then goes to a 'battle' using the left side as the attacking force, using it's skills and bonuses, going against the right side...

a little work, and probably a little more work to use it, but I could see that being used even more 1
and would also be an even greater scouting tool, because if you have gold, all you need do is 'scout' the opposition for his ships, plug in those ships to the simulator, then just keep retrying till you know what you need to beat them

as a side note, I don't think this should include marines...  but that's up to you guys, just I don't see the point with marines, unless more gets added to marines.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:58 PM »

There we go thats exactly what i was going for, except ars said it better
to me the point of this is so you can scout some one see there ships then use the simulator to devise a plan to do some damage which id like

see kinda like what i said

WARS Account= Overmind
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 11:09:06 PM »

21 how about a simulator where you could match your own fleets against each other without losing them. you wouldn't be scouting other players but you could test old vs. new / big vs. small / many vs. few etc....

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 03:24:50 PM »

maybe u read the posts before ... this post is about such a simulator ... rofl

bb
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: