Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 12:54:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Holo training deathmatch  (Read 9683 times)
Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:45:18 AM »

How about a system in which two players can test ships in a simulated combat against one another [ a system that gives no reward whatsoever to avoid any exploits], that would make the game more exciting and give new oportunities for commander to test and improve their combat skills  1
Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 02:47:52 AM »

yet again lightseeker...you absolutely amaze me, I think this might be your best idea yet. this would allow you to study your opponents (you enter the commander number and it could create a clone of their ships for you to face) and their ships and figure out what you need to defeat them, or just test a design. It would also make teaching new players how to design and play easier. Way to go, I'm all for it.

BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 02:53:36 AM »

Such a simulator could be a realy great idea regarding the fact that you would have the chance to test your ship before using it. I mean nooby players could improve theyr desining skils whith this thing 1
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:09:46 AM by BOS » Report to moderator   Logged

Beter alive then dead ;)

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 03:10:39 AM »

Yes luffy, I think it would be extremely useful; though I give my suggestions directly to Sir Emi, I thought I should see people's opinion on this one
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:47:28 AM »

All in favor say, "I".  19

Great idea Light. What else you got up your sleeve???  laugh

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 08:40:19 AM »

such a simulator would be really cool - but only if both players agree the right ships should be used otherwise missuse is automaticly there ... - so if not both agree the person trying to test has to estimate or even to use other information sources to find out :-)

w/r bb
randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 02:59:18 PM »

its a great idea but it could be used as a scouting mission also. you first simulate the battle the take it. there would be no risk in bounties. all you would have to do is first try out the opponents fleets then attack normally if you can take them.

wow, you're really fat.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 05:53:13 PM »

but you see randalthor, if you lose, your ships get destroyed. There is a risk involved.

UberPWNZ0R
Corporal

In game login: ☺

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 01:50:47 AM »

I though it should be simulator, so both players agree to test, and both do not pay for ships(?).

Alright... rip
BOS
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 02:12:47 AM »

Well as i understand it is a simulator so all the ship you loose in the simulator don't get lost in the real deal. And it coul'd be used for scouting and eliminating riscks but i think emy will implement it a bit modified. I mean for the simulation to go both parties showld agree ;)

Beter alive then dead ;)

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 03:43:05 AM »

Make sure both have to agree on it otherwise it would just be scouting, without making a counter...

Lightseeker_Eu
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 03:54:33 AM »

Well, we could find a way to make it work. Right now you can practice/train in galaxy by killing reavers then assigning some fleets and attacking them; but a simulator would involve simulated ships, not real ships, no turns wasted, no money lost; it could be like a quick battle option where 2 players want to play with ships they can't afford to buy/lose; let's say u want to have a battle at 2 quad power: the two select a power range around 2 quads, like between 1.8 and 2.2 quads in order for them to have some power flexibility and a price range and they choose whatever ships they feel would be best for the task; though the way battles are fought, one would have to play defender, the other attacker; either regular or boarding could be tested
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 05:16:53 AM »

Sounds interesting to me, I wouldnt mind trying it out, especially since i dont think I'll get into the quad ships anytime soon.  laugh

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »

ok, I misunderstood you light. The only bad thing is, a lot of players will end up rejecting it, or it would take forever for the simulated battle to start unless both players were on at the same time, because you'd have to wait for the other player to accept, so on and so forth. But with a little work, this idea could easily work...and give us something to do when we are bored and out of turns.

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 09:49:37 PM »

or also using the simulator clone some ships, say like a fleet of suicide ships vs your lead ship or another commanders lead ship then click "simulate", then it shows the outcome. that way in order to set up a strategy to attack another commander you have to do a test attack to see his info giving him a counter. or it could be used to test what is the max price or power your ship or ships can take

WARS Account= Overmind
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: