Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 10, 2024, 04:13:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Buddy nebbing and lenth of time in neb  (Read 15191 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 02:07:39 AM »

what about not being allowed to change systems when ur in a nebula, when u change systems, u are taken out of it. and then u cant be in a nebula until u would be out of it if u didn't change systems.

to make it more clear:

someone is nebbed. 12 hours in, they change systems and lose the neb. the cannot be renebbed until the full 24 hours has passed.

Bad idea imagen you want to play in you few hours spare time abord your neb, then go offline people could wack you without you going to neb.
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 12:21:43 PM »

I tink it's high time Emi made the counter return to it's true power, that is, no matter their position rankingwise, you can return fire. I'd rather get my own ass blown up for firing back at someone who climbed higher in the ranks, than be unable to hit the cheat who attacked me, had himself nebbed, and then cut his power in half so I can't counter him.

Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »

Im sure there is a solution that will adress the issues.  Nebula is a very necessary mechanic - however, needs some change to prevent it being exploited.

In addition to the changes below I believe that a button should be added allowing any player to "Return from the Nebula".  With some of the ideas proposed below it would be critical to allow players to easily get out of neb.

Heres some ideas (idea 2 has been proposed already);

1. You go into neb when you lose a certain fraction of your fleets COST, not fleet power.  Say 10% for example.

2. Growth, income and interest are halted when in nebula.

3. When inside the nebula, and for 6 hours after returning from the nebula you cant see any missions.

I dont think any of those ideas would be overly concerning for those of us who play a fair game.  The added penalty is reasonable considering if you get neb'd, you should have just suffered a serious attack.
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 03:10:15 PM »

i actually think the first would be the most effective. since pships are killed to get into a buddy neb, they usually dont cost anywhere near 10% of the total fleet cost

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2007, 03:24:16 PM »

But then you cant defend your fleets with pships anymore.

Not being able to do missions and missions 6 hours after you leave neb, I know lower ranked players get attacked very often they would never be able to do missions

Same again. Giving other people a nebula to make there interest halt, then that can be the main damage point instead of the ships.

Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2007, 03:46:22 PM »

But then you cant defend your fleets with pships anymore.

Not being able to do missions and missions 6 hours after you leave neb, I know lower ranked players get attacked very often they would never be able to do missions

Same again. Giving other people a nebula to make there interest halt, then that can be the main damage point instead of the ships.

Well - PShips are no use on SOWARS anyhow. 

You really think some people will struggle to do missions if they are prevented 6hrs after a neb?  Missions can be done fairly quickly now, even if they cant do them today they can save turns and do it tomorrow - you can burn up 3000 turns of missions fairly quick if you really need to.

The halt on interest etc would be a fairly big impact I agree - but then again, you get neb'd after taking a hard hit - so you can rationalise it easily - its another strategic reason to attack people 16

Maybe theres another solution not yet proposed - but any change will have some impact - and I dont neccessarily think the best solution is the one with the least impact, rather one that fits the game the best.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2007, 03:48:58 PM »

Ok I'm reacting allot looking from SO Main aswell as this topic started for the same abuse but then on SO Main.

deezee66
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »

It isnt as big of a problem as it is made out to be on SO main right now looking at the top 63 ranked players i only see 10 nebbed but i cant comment on wars.
Amagnon
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 07:04:17 AM »

I dont care if its only a small fraction of players, even if it was only one person - seeing someone in the top 10 who (Im fairly sure) hasnt won a combat is annoying.

The other thing that Tz loves to point out to me frequently is that I zeroed at least two of our buddy nebbing pals more than once, back in the days before they found how addictively intoxicating invulnerability is - so who are they going to come looking for once they feel they have an unassailable advantage? 

Haha - OH NO! PLease dont !! - Haha - It would be like being mauled by a sheep.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 03:55:34 AM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2007, 03:45:39 PM »

i agree
even 1 player who buddy nebs is a problem. the higher ranking he/she is the bigger the problem

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
fletch
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 03:42:05 PM »

ok ive been thinking about this. it sucks there are people who want to try to hide their way to the top ten. but look at the $ they waste everyday to stay out of harms way.i think we should all just enjoy watching those who hide in a neb all round get destroyed during d-day. if emi was to change how nebs work it might hurt those players who are in nebs honestly. if anything is done to fix it it the simplest thing would be to ban the people who are abusing it.let one or 2 people get banned for buddy nebbing and it would most likely disappear as a problem in the game
deezee66
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 10:19:30 PM »

I have to agree
waylain16
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 11:35:51 PM »

sounds like a good idea to me, got to set an example and everyone else will fall to into place

Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 03:26:12 AM »

No one is going to get banned over buddy nebbing, there is another thread with a good suggestion and a poll so we can get the mechanic changed. Go look for that thread .. adding to this thread is not the best approach. I mean there are atleast 3 threads on this very topic .. Now a forth with a poll. The idea FTP, Amagnon and I hammered out will solve the problem. Go find the poll. :-) Probably in suggestions forum.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
fletch
Private First Class

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2007, 03:39:50 PM »

i think ill just post here, changing the mechanics isnt going to do anything but probably hurt those who need the nebs. i still think my idea is easiest.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: