Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 09:06:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: System Design  (Read 9135 times)
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:34:00 PM »

Does anyone else get annoyed when trying to design a ship and you have to make the same weapon over and over when making swarmers or pships? I would like to suggest that there be a choice when designing weapons and other systems on how many we would like to make..example=instead of making one at a time it would be nice to make all 50 weapons that i want to put on a ship in one shot.  besides the fact im lazy ive talked to other designers who gets annoyed at making weapons and such like this.  reply if you agree please
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
superscott
Private

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 10:37:26 PM »

i agree and it would also be nice to be able to use more than 1 item at a time. 1 click at a time for turns and creds and such gets time consuming and annoying
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

Strongly Agree

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 10:40:30 PM »

yeah that was my next suggestion lol...me being a lazy bastard and all i like anything to save me time and energy  16

Peace And Happy Hunting
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:17:48 AM »

second, 13

WARS Account= Overmind
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 04:06:07 PM »

I agree with it as well. Although this will mean that commanders will have pships that cost insane amounts of credits. It will be odd seeing someone with a single pship as a lead ship. If you are able to "clone" weapons and add them to a ship, then it won't stop commanders from using several 100k weapons on a single pship design... laugh

randalthor
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 05:55:15 PM »

i love the idea. i agree with superscott also, i would like to use more then one item at once in its genre. i dont see a problem with huge powerships at all, that would be pretty cool.

wow, you're really fat.
Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »

I agree that I like the idea as well, but isnt the game already kind of too easy?

Yeah, I hate having to check every single weapon when building/designing a powership, but it gives me something to do when I run out of turns.

"This is my opinion, not a statement of fact - JACK"

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »

ON one hand I like the idea but on the other it would still slow the server down a great deal with all those Pships with massive number off weapons still having to do all those calcs.  So I would have to say I disagree on those grounds

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
deezee66
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 01:15:39 PM »

I like the idea but i think that now is not the right time since Emi is already spending a great deal of time fixing the battle sim.
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 02:28:30 AM »

I ws thinking about this the Other day, just too lazy to post it.  laugh
So, I'm for it.  1
However, I agree with deezee, it should be implemented AFTER emi finsihes with current projects.  15

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 03:35:40 PM »

I agree with it as well. Although this will mean that commanders will have pships that cost insane amounts of credits. It will be odd seeing someone with a single pship as a lead ship. If you are able to "clone" weapons and add them to a ship, then it won't stop commanders from using several 100k weapons on a single pship design... laugh

after a certain point more weaps really doesnt increase ur power per credit ratio by any real amount anyways... the multi-weapon penalty kicks in and it becomes less efficient to a point where it owuld be bad to add anymore weaps id imagine...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 04:44:54 PM »

well I disagree aswell - frank is totaly right to many weapons drasticly slow down server performance :-)

(that I don t play anymore doesn t mean I don t read forum once in a while)
nc6000
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 07:27:10 AM »

i strongly agree with the idea of making more than 1 at a time 1 1 1
djjcuk
Sergeant

tho' I seek perfection, I wear my scars with pride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 08:06:44 AM »

I definetely agree with idea.... as it would be REEAALLYY handy for when designing pships... although having thousands of weapons on a ship really does slow down the server...

The enlightened man would offer a weary traveller shelter for the night and share a quiet conversation over a bowl of... coco-puffs...

Commander and chat mod djjcuk(#43519), Ultimate Weapon

"Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10, but hot dog buns come in packages of 8?" - Bulletproof Monk
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: