Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 07:20:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Market  (Read 5665 times)
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »

we should be able to buy turns from other commanders on the market...but there has to be limits...no buying turns from accounts made with same ip...that way no using alts to feed turns and such...there has to be a limit to how many turns in one day bought...it needs to be public.....and the money spent has to be alot but at same time not too much ..example...i could buy turns from someone in my alliance with 5 mil power...i make 3 to 500 mil a mission...100 turns should be the cost of 3 missions...so bout 1.5 bil...but  that much creds for that low player would be power boosting...so there should be limits and lots of them..maybe you cant buy from players you cant see on ranking screen...or maybe where if the person is way low in power....player buying it still pays a high price but player selling them would only get a % of that price....i dont know ideas please..i think this is good...lots of players have trouble staying below max turns and players like me cant stay above 1k without burning them...players who dont have time to use turns can get rid of them and make good profit.
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
Argus
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 01:17:55 PM »

That has got to be either the single worst idea ive seen in a very long time, or a very good joke.
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 01:24:29 PM »

It is a good idea aside the fact that the it will be hard and difficult to prevent it from being abused.  21

al3xazz
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »

not really : buyer pays totalbuyerFP/1000000 for each turn and seller gets TotalsellerFP/1000000. and i cant seem to find a point to giving turns to someone who is way weaker 1

Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 07:03:15 PM »

Thisll be abused, nuff said. Some ppl in this game plays the game cause they get an erection each time they abuse it...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 10:37:27 AM by Soppe » Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »

If alts get forbidden in this game you could make this and alot of other idears working.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 08:12:00 AM »

yeah ftp thats why i was saying no transfers with accounts with same ip address....

Peace And Happy Hunting
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 10:37:15 AM »

ppl dont always power up their alts. they also power up the noobs in their alliance. That tends to be several ppl both in sucky and top alliances.

-Winston Churchill
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »

well if we can ever sell our items you will be able to get your wish, since some items are turns
]

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
chicpea
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 07:08:49 PM »

To be honest buying turns through the market in a controled way would be ok but u cant ban alts or anything to do with alts as myslef, TheDarkness and also my eldest now play SO through the same IP. so even though we wouldnt need such things as buying turns through the market as we can donate individualy to our own accounts if we want to. Would make game play impossible as we all use the same IP. And i for one wouldnt be happy if myself or TheDarkness and to the matter my eldest cant play SO anymore....

Hmmm maybe u can think of a better way to control the turns through the market but banning IP'S is definetly not the way.

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 07:24:50 PM »

banning IP's is not something i've seen done, but other games i play do ban alts without banning IP's. i would oppose banning IP's for the obvious reasons but i think everyone knows by now how i feel about alts. in 1000ad players are allowed to send resources to other players limited to a specific amount once every 24hours. i don't know if that would be a good idea(or even possible) here, but it is legal.

spider2

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 09:16:52 PM »

Trading between players generaly havent been a good idea in my eyes. Itll be abused one way or another as there wont be good enough rules to make it fair and at the same time keep ppl away from abusing it.

If u cant get it urself, why pay some lil wee wee newb for it. Get it urself or forget about it... Or just donate, a few of u seem to have awefully deep pockets -.-

-Winston Churchill
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »

Feeding youre alts with buying turns no, you just make 50 alts on pc1 let them generate turns, then you buy all there turns for nothing with youre main.

I think you can get this working if you make everything good, will tyr to see hwta I can think of 1

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 01:28:36 AM »

There's a way this could work, but it would definitely have to be a back burner project, cause apparently Emi and Snipe already have a lot planned and are very busy working on it. I've seen a bit of what Snipe is working on, and let me tell you, if it works, it'll be absolutely amazing.

blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2007, 10:43:25 PM »

Problem with IP's is what chicpea said: I play on a network where at least 2 others play, if you ban the ip then you ban 3 people who are legit.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: