Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 10:31:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Borg.. you messed yourself up...  (Read 10117 times)
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 08:30:32 AM »

and oh can i have my ships back then 16

and i even got attacked by thouse guys who found the bug lol not my lucky day :S
Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 11:52:53 AM »

but it is his first violation

except he is not the first to do it, even after ToS was put up, you STILL had people doing it.  I suggest lamma be punished exactly what he was asking borg to punished with, no less, for doing THE EXACT SAME THING.  along with all the other 3-4 some people who did it, if you want to get technical.

also,
Before taking a decision each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team.
this means that there is the standard punishment, but the punishment may be more or LESS severe, depending on the conditions.  you will go so quickly to ban him for the rest of the round, but what of his teammates? they will be without their leader rest of the round for something they never did. 

also:
all i would do is bounty attack them, whenver they were in range,
which would mean more then likely, it could be something like this:
 borg's teammate is hit severely, o'd and nebbed.  barely gets enough together during neb to put himself back in the standing, 2 hours before neb ends, you bounty him, (which you may or not be actually truced to at the same time, meaning an attack just went right through both a truce AND a neb) taking everything away AGAIN, neb ends, leaving him wide open to all out assault from everyone around. he finally goes into neb again, and what does he have to look forward to?  getting blasted the second he is bounty-able again?  you try getting anywhere while making sure you cannot be bountied at any one time, for fear of someone coming in and instantly 0'ing you the second you do.  I wouldn't even want to play a game like that.

I'm not saying this DID happen, but very easily could have.  what I see here is, is that borg should have gave money to someone, like midnight, then told THEM what to do.  that is his mistake, not feeding a lower account.  feeding a lower account came in where -someone- *cough*lamma*couch, cough* would sit there feeding his lower alt with credits for tinymen, making his alt near unstoppable, to pummel everyone around the lwoer rank, giving them no chance to advance.

I see here, borg trying to PROTECT HIS TEAMMATES THE ONLY WAY HE COULD.  given time, I am sure at some point in time E would put in an alliance vault update THAT WOULD HELP DO THE EXACT THING BORG WAS TRYING TO DO.

and another point, while I am on it.  lamma, if you bountied them while they in neb, how did you find them in the nebm TO bounty them, and them STILL be hiding in a nebula?  and if it was a covert operation, how would he know YOU did it? 

E, you need to do some changes to bounty:
1: you can only attack when they are not bountied
2: it leaves no counter
3: succesful bounties will leave them with no name or ID as to WHO did it.  unsuccesful bounties will leave who did it, MAYBE a counter.

and yes, this ALL has to do with this topic.

I seriously doubt Borg would have had to resort to this if:
1: alliance vault was up, where he could help rebuild teammates accounts
2: neb protected you from ALL attacks, other then counters, which is your own fault.  not MOST attacks, where you may still be damaged in DAMAGE protection.

and to further 'hit the nail on the head'

lamma, if the situation was reversed, and the only choice you had left to help your teammates was to do what borg did, and you only did enough damage to stop the attacks from coming, and someone finds out and insists YOU get all alt's deleted AND main account banned up rest of the round (which, mind you, can be all the way up to several MONTHS) how would YOU feel?  you just succefully tried to drive a good player away from his game, because of ONE mistake.

YES, he should be punished, don't get me wrong, but not by going all getout when he had no other choice in good conscience.  I mean, he did not SEVERELY break the rules, as you all like to claim, JUST BECAUSE HE WAS BEATING YOU.  a SEVERE break of it would have been if he all of a sudden 0'd every person from rank 50-200.  but all I hear, is that he simply came up to retaliate where his teammates COULD NOT.  because every time they started building back up, you would tear them right back down again.  YES, this is a war game, seither, but I would bet some of those people lamma hit where NEBBED at the time, hiding, trying to re-build, and get ready to make their next move, when they get tore down AGAIN.

and quite frankly, reading this thread almost made ME want to quit.  one mistake by the current #1, and you all want him banned, deleted, and blocked the rest of his life.  YOU GUYS ALMOST MADE ME SICK!

edit:
You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources     

don't you mean  "You may _not_ finance a lower power ALT account with a higher power one in order to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources"

otherwise, he would have been at fault, even if he simply gave the creds to someone else and told them to handle it.  you were a 'lower person' wiping it his 'lower people'  and you are saying he should have simply set back and watched you completely own his entire team.

and another thing, if you did ALL those bounties and attacks, wouldn't that give you a large bounty range, ABOVE all the lower people's range limits?  If I am right, that bountying someone halves their bounty, either they purposely raised their bounty, or you lowered your bounty range, there is no other way you could attack THE SAME person 3 times through bounty.

now, if his teammates where before attacking everyone else, making sure they didn't get very far, and you were taking them out, I could see that, but that doesn't look like the case.

It's a war game, get over it
ya, and if a general sees his armies getting slaughtered by the thousands, and he had the power to save them, do you think he would sit back and do nothing?

ok, I already said what I thought about the bounty system, now as far as Borg, he DID break the ToS, even I see that, and no matter the reason, it was done.  but after going through all that, the MAX, that should be done is 2-3 week ban to deletion/taking away ability to use alts. as far his main account, his main account as had nothing been done wrong, if anything he just lost all those credits he used. 

but to say that going into a vacation mode for a couple days, is severely hindering your account to the point where you are giving up first place, and then say that the only minimal acceptable punishment is banning for at least a month?  MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:40:17 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 04:09:27 PM »

okay ars you got this all wronge, i never game tiny man to my alt few rounds agao, that was agrus, he gave me the tiny man 4 fleets of them to attack nicholas with, but i failed and lost 2 of the 4 fleets, then i used them every once in a while to attack people untill i ran out,
i never really gave my alts money it was usally Argus, Wizard, and once nicholas D wulfwood, and if i did give my alts money it was usally no more than 10-20 bil (at a time when people had trillions this was nothing)

and i was not at all trused with Borgs allaicne, i even told him i was going to attack his people, he was the one truseing me, for the sake of himself, then later midnight trused me too

and he didnt give money to midnight, i talked to midnight and he said he wasnt involed in it, then he said he was leaving the space pirates due to Borg trying to frame him... so therefore borg actally gave money to his alt directly

and now emi is ignoreing the messeges i sent him... i lost my chance to ever get 1st or even 2nd beacuse of borg cheating like that, and i dont even get rembursted? whats up with that, and know im afraid that if emi dose remburst he would reset my account to before the attack makeing me lost like 1300 turns... sure i want what i lost by borgs illeagal move... but i dont know how?.. i want the ships the little cheated killed... or at least the money i lost from them... i mean his alt took out a 4.8 bil and a 2.4bil ship completly full of marianes, like they were scrap metal...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:12:38 PM by Lammalord » Report to moderator   Logged

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »

I definitly think lamma should get his stuff back, and im the one who would profit least from this since then he would be alot closer to me then any1 else is now.... but yes he lost it unfairly he should get it back.

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 07:03:40 PM »

Ars, I say a month because it would hurt borg and he would learn a lesson. And when lamma gave his account money, Sir Emi dealt with it, as I was reimburshed for attacks by lamma's alts. And Like I said, borg violated ToS, it doesn't matter why he did it, the fact of the matter is he did it. If you commit murder, even if it was to save your family, you still get a full sentence for the crime.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 09:40:13 PM »

okay ars you got this all wronge, i never game tiny man to my alt few rounds agao, that was agrus, he gave me the tiny man 4 fleets of them to attack nicholas with, but i failed and lost 2 of the 4 fleets, then i used them every once in a while to attack people untill i ran out,
i never really gave my alts money it was usally Argus, Wizard, and once nicholas D wulfwood, and if i did give my alts money it was usally no more than 10-20 bil (at a time when people had trillions this was nothing)

meaning at some point you DID do it, lamma.

If you commit murder, even if it was to save your family, you still get a full sentence for the crime.

meaning lamma (through his own admission) HAS done it nonetheless, and not punished.  I think this is more like you can't belive someone else would do what you all did before. 

and another thing, actually luffy, no, you would not get full sentence, if almost any sentence, because then it would be considered self-defense.  and if not self-defense, then not pre-meditated murder.  which is a huge difference in punishment from 'accidental' or 'on the spot' murder.

this is what I say should be done:
1: fix the bounty so neb IS damage protection, the only thing that hits you is what you had coming to you.
2: borg reset to begginning -or- blocked for at MAXIMUM a week.  (because then he would lose all chance to be #1, as while he chills out, everyone else would grow in power.)  -or- nothing to borg (his main account didn't cheat.  if he found a bug, and exploited it, you don't reset everyone around him to, just the person's that did something wrong, the problem is not the borg transferred credits to, the problem is what the other person used it for)
3: alt's deleted (meaning all money he transferred is now gone, along with all fleets he built with it)

if you punish borg's main account for what he did with his alts, you only further prove there is no distinction between alts.

and even then, do you know if borg is single and without kids?  what if someone else does the exact same thing borg did later on, and you go ahead and ban him, ban his alts, block his IP, and do all this WHEN IT WON'T EVEN MATTER ONCE THE ROUND ENDS ANYWAY, then come to find out someone else playing his account did it?  what will visitors to his site think?  when you allow something, THEN BAN THEM FOR DOING IT.

and another thing, I don't know if this OCCURED to any of you, but if I was caught helping breaking a rule, OF COURSE I would be at the least majorly tempted to say I didn't do it.  THE ONLY,  and I mean THE ONLY, ones who can more then likely know whether if midnight was involved, beyond shadow of a doubt, is:
1: midnight himself
2: Borg
3: E
4: anyone else who logs onto either of their accounts -maybe-

and no one else.  all others can simply be lied to, and you wouldn't know the difference.  I amke this point because I THOUGHT EMI ALREADY MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO TRADE DIRECTLY BETWEEN OTHERS ACCOUNTS. 

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 10:16:09 PM »

ya i didnt know if midnight was lieing thats why i added the "i got word" part...

yes i did do it (monkey you got rembiursted?? didnt know that) but my punishment was that emi pretty much went up and told me to NOT trade to other players, and oddly i lissened to him, and never traded again, even though i get people in my allaince asking for money i say no, and when they say the spaceballs are doing it, ill say im not like the spaceballs, i dont approve of it...

but emi did msg me (i would cheak for it, but 2 lazy to surch though like 300 messeges lol) telling me not to trade with other players, and to this day you cant find one person i traded to...

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2006, 03:02:43 PM »

exactly my point lamma, and then you find out borg did it, and as far as you know, that is the only time, he may not even be warned.  and yet it sounds to me you won't accept anything less then:
1: his main account banned
2: all alts banned
3: his IP blocked from the game indefinetely.

If I had someone tell me that was what they are going to make sure happens as punishment, I would just leave and forget the whole place.  then what happens when I meet someone down the road asking about this game?  I sure am not going to be saying happy things about it. 

yes, he should have know, that's why the ToS is there, but for crying out loud, you all sounded like you wanted to go blow up his house or something! 

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »

nope mosltly wanted him punished for a while... but for the most part I WANTED MY SHIPS BACK or at least the money i lost, 15 bil was alot (4.8nbil 2.4bil ship both full marianes)

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 10:05:23 PM »

lamma, I hope you did not get your ships back.  looking at other threads now, I see I was wrong to.  borg did what any other half decent commander would have done.  and that was to do whatever was in his power to protect his alliance members from getting tore apart.

by your own admission, those ships you lost were used to zero borg's alliance member's mission ships, 'making them unable to ever take the top 10 again'

sounds to me, you were just one sore loser, lamma.  who was looking for something to strike back at with.  seriously, you probably would have said the exact same thing, even if he just gave that money to a friend, or alliance member.  what WOULD have been the difference between borg giving those credits to an alt, and giving those credits to another one of his alliance members?  from the sound of it, none whatsoever.  the first place you still would have been was here saying how unfair it was to lose ships YOU WERE ATTACKING HIS ALLIANCE WITH.  no, I don't think any punishment should have come to borg.  and while it may be to late now, I at least have corrected myself here for all to see. 

lamma, I hope you are proud of yourself, you just forced someone who liked this game away, probably forever, just to get some ships back and a 2nd chance at top 10, when you already won a round yourself.

and to the rest of you, congratulations, you just punished someone for protecting his own alliance the only way he could, nothing more, nothing less.  bravo.

I say it again, the things you guys said here almost made me sick.  to think you would go off on something as trivial as this, and then pretend you are all 'friendly' to everyone else.  news flash, borg didn't leave because of the punishment.  HE LEFT BECAUSE OF YOUR ATTITUDE.

my basis for this theory on his actions:
well im done i quit i remember back in the old days when this was a game filled with nice people but now that lamma is mad about being killed even tho hes 0ed plenty of people in this game not caring what they think is just out of the picture lamma i hope you dont get rank1 after i quit and also light good luck

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 03:57:58 PM »

ars, borg is one of the oldest players here, almost as old as Sir Emi and HAS been told before. That's the point. Lamma should be reimbursed, and borg should be punished.

Hellsword
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2006, 07:09:39 PM »

lamma should be reimbursed... but wont be... same as me and Farzad who lost over 20bil to choam when he abused a bug, and evry1 else he hit...

"A slipping gear could let your M203 grenade launcher fire when you least expect it. That would make you quite unpopular in what's left of your unit." -Army's magazine of preventive maintenance.
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2006, 08:32:36 PM »

ars, borg is one of the oldest players here, almost as old as Sir Emi
ur talking of the old borg. ppl change, and the borg u see now aint the borg whos almost as old as emi.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 03:19:27 AM »

man ars, cool it with the insults  4

he broke the rules no matter what if he wanted to do the "best thing for his allaince" that would be to A: have waited 5 days for the truse to end or B: gotten the money needed to break the truse and attack.. there was no need to break the rules...

no matter a players greatness, or oldness or repeutation they should all be treated equaly. donsnt mean beacuse i been top ten now 3 times, that if i break i rule i would get an exception or a warning, were as if some guy at rank 100 with a number 30k+ breaks a rule he gets banned..

failry, not on who has the best rep

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: