Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 08:55:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: LOI Abusing the bounty system  (Read 34972 times)
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »

When is there ever going to be made a game where the dev(s) actually got the balls to delete and remove cheaters and game abusers for good. Make me Game Master or something and ill delete every1 who at all considers using cheats and such  wow
Report to moderator   Logged

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
davey boy
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2007, 08:27:25 PM »

i agree good call
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2007, 09:32:01 PM »

of couse i wasnt thinking of a perment ban.. only poeple who pop out of no where use some major bug and 0 everyone gets that.. but a ban for even like a week would hurt people bad enough to at least thing twise about cheating or abuseing.. and if anyone deserves it, it is midnight.. at least when i abuse i eather admit it and (like last time.. i lost all my ships and was reset) i was punished for it..

midnight on the other hand hides the bugs that he KNOWS are a problem.. secretly uses them and when hes caught he gets mearly a "warning" he is the one person whos been caught with more bugs than any other person.. so far..

TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »

Midnight44(#7144)
2007-03-14 18:17:57
Neb

Why don't you come out of ur neb and hit me man? I don't get what you are hiding from?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me think, you lost workers which are easilly gained back, you got to keep fleets gained from illegal bounties and your creds, now should i come out the neb for you to attack again like you did before with your ill gotten gains hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GET A LIFE MIDNIGHT AND LEARN HOW TO PLAY A GAME WITHOUT ABUSING IT

now that is said i can merrily go about my way lmao

Advertisement  :-  looking for an apology?? nowhere to turn for friends?? found a new way to cheat, if not join LOI we will teach all there is to know and more
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2007, 11:22:32 PM »

i say all the trash talk is cashed.. we should all move on.. its just a game.. bye bye  17

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2007, 11:27:24 PM »

yah this topic is about done.. lets end the round already and start anew 1

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2007, 12:50:37 AM »

The Teufel Hunden will not actively try to stop DDAY now that Sir Emi has made the post on the new upgrade.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
TheDarkness
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2007, 06:30:21 AM »

The subjects not going to be closesd until something is done about the abusers, you cant just take away their workers so two encounters later they are back where they started, a reset has to be done, these werent small amounts they wer hammering they were huge and from their own members, and this is the abuse section so lets get something done about the abuse, ban them for a week or two, strip them of ships and creds maybe leave them with enough to build one ship, but leaving them with total power after abuse is wrong, getting stupid emails from stupid people is just pathetic aswell, he is on block now, SIR EMI YOU NEED TO BAN THESE PEOPLE MIDNIGHT HAS ALREADY PROVEN HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED IN YOUR GAME IN TIMES GONE BY THEN THERES HIS CHAT ABUSE WHICH YOU HAVE SEEN NOW ANOTHER ABUSE IN THE GAME WITH THIS BOUNTY, WHEN IS SOMETHING GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT HIS ACCOUNT
Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2007, 11:19:19 PM »

i would say in that case only bad midnight.. beacuse he was actally on multiple of the accounts the attacks..

isnt that not only abuse of the bounty systeum but abuse of the ToS cant you not farm alts for benfits to the main account?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2007, 03:51:13 AM »

Midnight is the blunt of this problem, HOWEVER! The rest of you should have stopped when you realized what was happening. You may not have done it to the same degree, but you're still guilty as hell.

Here's what I suggest as punishment:
Midnight: IP and account ban, he's broken 8 rules to date
lamma: 1 month ban, as he has broken ToS before knowingly
wolfy: 1-2 week ban
others: depending on severity of the crime, 1 week-1 month

You guys can get pissed all you want, but dark is right, punishment, not a slap on the wrist, but full blwon punshment must happen. People are seeing they can just do whatever and only lose a little of their stuff, which they can get back quickly, which serves no purpose other than to reinforce cheating.

also, maybe it's time for emi to recruit a few, trusted players, to serve as a "police force" in a way. No banning power or anything too major, but the ability to flag and freeze accounts (meaning it's unplayable, but the owner can log on and check messages and such) until emi can review them, to prevent cheating. To prevent abuse of this power, anyone caught doing so is IMMEDIATELY ip banned and their account(s) deleted. This would help with those who cheat as they would be easier to catch and properly punish. Just an idea.

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2007, 10:39:06 AM »

wow - strong but really correct sugguestion :-)

no matter about persons involved I think ur fully right with this - there is not much being so frustrating as if ur sitting long hours here and c ppl just passing u and getting more and more ahead of u when u know they just abused the system and are cheaters. - Well I am pretty sure I ll get kicked for writting this (ingame for sure) but I don t care anymore. - I just wait this round to end and after that I ll be prolly away - since and thats where our opinions will differ luffy (and I don t wanna start a donations discussion anyway lol), I think if I donate for a game I ll have a good benefit for doing so, but here atm it would be like I sponsor abusers and cheaters and thats something I really dislike. - Well during the last days I made some observations which I already reported - we ll c what time will bring.

For now with happening virtually nothing to ppl who strongly violate the TOS and abuse the system I am afraid that SO will loose a lot of the good players and only the cheaters and abusers will stay ... and the next thing after that will result in a decreasing comunity which will lead to the end of SO ... - sad but I have no doubt it will come so if they are allowed to continue in this manner.

w/r bb
Soppe
Sergeant

Cheesy poops YEAH

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2007, 02:27:45 PM »

Here's what I suggest as punishment:
Midnight: IP and account ban, he's broken 8 rules to date
lamma: 1 month ban, as he has broken ToS before knowingly
wolfy: 1-2 week ban
others: depending on severity of the crime, 1 week-1 month

+1

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2007, 07:08:14 PM »

Thanks for your opinion man. It means a lot to me. I don't even wanna ask what the 8 rules were. Wait a minute, I don't really care to hear them.  laugh

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: