Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 08:48:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Seither out of hand  (Read 23874 times)
drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:22:47 PM »

Seither(#1516): we allow it to be see so we know they are cussing
Drakken(#28479): you serious?
Seither(#1516): ***length of mute: 1 day or until next online time coinciding with a mod, wichever comes last
Drakken(#28479): you mute people for cussing then allow them to cuss?
Seither(#1516): ***drakken muted for the following reasons: using foul language repeatedly after being wanred not to.
Drakken(#28479): you funny
Seither(#1516): that's because emi took off some of the filters oso we could see when people actual post cuss words, as we;ve been having problems telling if people are violating tos or postin innocent words
Drakken(#28479): see?
Drakken(#28479): d**n
Drakken(#28479): it comes through any how
Seither(#1516): there are filtrs for it drakken, that's what the *s are for
Drakken(#28479): not people with happy muting fingers
Drakken(#28479): and if thats a problem then there should be filters for it
Seither(#1516): drakken, wanring, watch the language, next time it's a mute
Drakken(#28479): tons of people cuss
Seither(#1516): i already did
Drakken(#28479): bull crap seither
Seither(#1516): yes, but most people don't cuss
Seither(#1516): layers don't breach tos
Seither(#1516): yes there will

ok this guy is out of hand...he muted me for showing him that there are cuss words coming through the filters .and gave me a warning for bull crap?  is this guy serious? bull crap.haha ok the guy says emi took off the filters for some words...obviously that means they are not considered cuss words then.its bull crap he muted me for saying bull crap and then i showed him a word that comes through so he could fix something instead of  abusing his lil powers of mute.that in itself is bull crap. any body else agree this is bull crap?
Report to moderator   Logged

Peace And Happy Hunting
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 12:44:16 PM »

that's bull! not good too include bull r bull c r a p as cussing. please tell me that seither is miss using his power and that emi hasn't included that in the cussing list. if so please tell me and i will be gone from this game today. i refuse to play a game under a dictator telling me what is cussing when i already know what cussing is. i wouldn't force my  opinion on anyone and would expect the same in return.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 01:01:21 PM by wolfy28 » Report to moderator   Logged
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 01:07:06 PM »

in 1991 b i t c h and s h i t were taken out of the cuss word book. making them usable on prime time tv. which america has more laws than most contries on what is aloud on prime time tv. so if someone gets offended by c r a p then they should never be aloud to leave there house r watch tv let alone get on the internet.
FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »

12 21 12
Hmmm  

Whether Seither is right or wrong in your eyes, the fact remains the same, after Super and Baltic were banned, a few people decided to push the limits of a mod. I might not have done the same thing as Seither, but, we have been given a position of responsibility. I dont carry on half as much as I used to ( laugh or as much as I want to) but remember, we dont just ban people outright, its better if we can nip things in the bud to avoid chat degenerating into a swearing, back yard brawl. Chat is a public place, if you dont speak to your parents or grandparents like that, dont try it on chat. In real life, you dont walk up to a stranger in the street, or an 8 year old in a playground and start talkin trash.

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »

i say bull s h i t to everyone. but with foo saying it then it must be so. so i will make my retirement post.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:19:16 PM »

Once again you guys, just because it isn't filtered does ot meanit doesn't violate tos. and wolfy, you may know what cussing is, but you must remember, people have kids on here, teenagers and some even younger. We can't expose them to that sort of thing. There are ruls called Terms of Service you agreed to when you signed up to play. Remember these (note what I have highlighted in red):

Terms and conditions of Space Odyssey      

Fair play    
        Players who try to manipulate the rules and/or use loopholes in them may be deleted from the game. Each case will be looked at separately by the Space Odyssey team, before a decision is made.    

Playing fairly and Honestly    
        Space Odyssey upholds high standards of moral behavior. Any player who is caught manipulating bugs in the game or has been cheating in any other way will be deleted from the game immediately. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion.

(I) Responsibility of the developers:    
        The Space Odyssey Team will do everything possible for the game to run flawlessly. Beyond that, Space Odyssey is not liable in any way for server breakdown, faulty programming, etc. The occurrence of any disadvantages for a user resulting from server breakdowns, faulty programming etc. does not entitle the user to claim the recovery of his account's status before the occurrence.    

Membership    
        (I) Any person who registers an account is considered a member.    

(II) Space Odyssey is free to play. However there is a gold account membership that offers a lot more additional extras. Gold membership status is private. The Space Odyssey Team will not respond to questions related about membership statuses. If you decide to upgrade to gold account, there will be no charge-back, unless demanded by the apropriate authority, in witch case you may never use any of the services Space Odyssey provides.    

(III) You can also support Space Odyssey by donating. Donations are non-refundable.
Rewarding for donations is at the sole discretion of the Space Odyssey team, and you have no warranty that a donation to Space Odyssey will bring you anything, donations are simply to support the costs for maintaining and running the game. We encourage you to test the automated system first, if you intend on using it, with a very small amount. The exchange rate for the rewards system will increase with the progress of the round, and before a round ends it will be at a maximum due of the iminent round reset. Any problems with the system can be addressed to the ingame support account, and we will do everything in our power to resolve your issue.    

(IV) All information submited in the register process are exclusively for sending your account information, new round details and ocasional updates information, and will remain private. It is your responsability to keep your account safe. All password data is encrypted. Space Odyssey is not responsible for any un-authorized access to your account, we provide logs that you can use to track your account actions. If you notice anything unusual in your game account logs, please report them to the ingame support account.    

(V) Terminating membership in Space Odyssey    
        Space Odyssey reserves the right to delete player accounts, who have violated the internal rules of the game or if an account has been inactive for extended periods of time. No legal claims can be made against Space Odyssey when accounts are deleted

Content and responsibility    
        Space Odyssey is visited by a great number of people. Posts and messages spreading racists, religious intolerance, vulgar and/or other publicly unacceptable topics will not be tolerated. They will lead to warnings and/or sanctions or the direct termination of accounts in question.

Forbidden actions    
        (I) It is forbidden to use any type of software that can harm or interfere with the correct functioning of Space Odyssey.    

(II) Forbidden programs    
        It is forbidden to use any bots or other ways of artificial stay online in the game. The same goes for programs that automates the actions of a player outside the mechanisms provided by the in game menu.    

Limitations    
        (I) The maximum amounts of accounts per person
   You may have multiple accounts only on those circumstances:
   You do _not_ use your accounts to help one single account.
   You may _not_ finance a lower power account with a higher power one in orther to do damage to lower people using the higher account resources    

(II) It is forbidden to take other players names, e.g. "The One -> The One1", and pretend you are them, as this may damage their reputation in the game.    

(III) Blocking    
     Any player who has violated the rules may have their accounts blocked for any length of time. Each case is decided separately given the offense and amount of proof.  

: Copyrights of Space Odyssey regarding the accounts of the players.    
        (I) All accounts with their resources, fleets, and etc., are virtual objects. The users do not have any legal rights over them. All rights are reserved by Space Odyssey.    

Liability    
        Space Odyssey does not carry any responsibility for any equipment that has been harmed while the game was played. Space Odyssey is not responsible for any personal injury. The team of Space Odyssey warns that extensive periods of time sitting in front of a computer could be unhealthy.    

Game updates.    
        Space Odyssey reserves the right to change any aspect of the game without prior warning. If you do not agree with the rules, please close this window and do not enter the game!

And as you can see drakken, the word in question IS muted here on the forum. and es, the first one was trying to prove a point,the second one however, was just stated with no context to it, therefore I had to mute you. And so I can fix something? What can I fix drakken? I don't have access to the filter. It's filtered on the forum, therefore it is cnsidered against ToS. I already told you that Foo and I talked and agreed to unute you and wolfy as you were trying to prove a point. Wolfy was unmuted, you, however, refused to post on your main and allow yourself to be unmuted. That's your call. And wolfy, the internet is governed by it's own rules, made by the individuals who own the site. There are certain regulations all countries agree it must follow, but that's it. Emi has decreed those words aren't allowed, so they aren't. I'm regretting unmuting you, as your actions on this forum are showing that it may have been a bad idea. We don't want you to retire wolfy, but we do want you to obey the ToS so you don't end up banned.

And thank you FOO, your support is appreciated.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 01:27:05 PM »

well monkey...saying bull cr ap  and then da** wasnt aimed at anyone.Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion. thats what you highlighted..how did i brake this rule? i was showing you that da** comes through the filter therfore it cant be an offensive word.

Peace And Happy Hunting
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 01:34:03 PM »

it is filtered on the forum drakken, on the forum, the filter is in FULL EFFECT, bu no on the chat. And as I said, it wasn't in any context, so I ssume it was aimed at another player. Foo and I taked, and agreed that it wasn't meant that way, so I was ready and willing to unmute you. I did so to wlfy already, as I stated. And read farther down "Content and responsibility     
        Space Odyssey is visited by a great number of people. Posts and messages spreading racists, religious intolerance, vulgar and/or other publicly unacceptable topics will not be tolerated. They will lead to warnings and/or sanctions or the direct termination of accounts in question.

Vulgar includes cussing. Termination can mean the entire account, or just to be able to post in chat. These are the ToS, I'm afrad you are required to follow them as you agreed to them when you signed up. no matter what your "personal beliefs" are, the ToS over rule them. i personally see nothing wrong with cussing, an if it was my call, I'd allow it. But it's not my call, it's Emi's, and he says no to it. Tough luck man.

drakken
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:40:09 PM »

yeah my point exactly..if its not filtered on chat then you cant mute on chat for saying it..im not for swearing..matter of fact i made a post about offensive ship names..but to mute somebody for saying something that the offensive word filters allow is stupid.  you cant explain that away kid...if the filters allow it in chat then it is allowed in chat.otherwise it wouldnt come through.. laugh  try again?

Peace And Happy Hunting
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »

drakken, emi added a flter to the ship names, and the words you said are filtered here in the forum, which follows the SAME rules as the CHAT does. Thereofre they aren't allowed. We've been over this, even FOO said that you can't just say something because something doesn't filter it.

I can't walk up to the president and say i've got a bomb just beause my rights allow me to, because there are RULES and REGULATIONS against it.

FOO
Corporal

Just face facts, you will always be a n00b so STFU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 01:55:13 PM »

I dont know how the filters work, but i am sure we have had this come up before about what is acceptable. From one country to the next, certain words or phrases take on a less appealing meaning. But without a filter of some kind, and mods to help out, would any parent let their kids play a game where chat(which is a great part of this game) could become worse than a bar room brawl? If a mod asks you not to try out the filter, dont.   Simple.

I guess it sucks to be on the outside lookin in. Then again, SUCKS TO BE YOU!!!

http://teufelhundenspaceoddysseyhelpsite.piczo.com/
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »

I'm pretty sure someone can express their anger at a mission or whatever with a not good, c r a p, bull, a couple *** and whatever, whitout having him muted lol.

Please chat mods, use the delete last 3 chat entries funtction if you must, the mute function is for spammers... oh yeah and that guy that was always saying momma at everybody  16

I'm clearing the muted quene now.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 03:16:55 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

Thank you Sir Emi for clearing up some of the more aggressive type of chat mods.  We all make mistakes and we all get hot under the collor some times.  but to be a Chat "nazie" is not what the mod spots were ment for. they were ment to keep as Sir Emi said spamers out, and just outrignt blaint abuse from the chat, not a some one just a bit hot under the collor or a slip.  The other day we had a lets say energetic chat going, where because of one person being hot under the collor they had to be muted for a bit becaue they continued to use foul launguage ever after several attempts to have them use other words.  the chat mod muted the person for a few minutes till they were able to cool down and then let them back on.  and the chat mod did allow his clean mesages even in the mute time. This is what the chat mod position is to be use for, not every little slip or just becaue the word or part of the word gets filtered in the forum.  We do attempt to keep a higher standard here but Please lets not get ridiculious with it.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 05:38:25 PM »

I'm posting this here as well, so everyone can see it.

But from now on Emi, all players are alowed to cuss in my presence without fear of mute. I refuse to treat the top ten, who are looked up to and should be under stricter scrutiny, any different then the rest of the players of SO. And since people want to bring the chat filter itself into this, if the filter doesn't block it, I REFUSE to mute for it, no matter what it is. So if a commander tarts cussing you out, accusing you of donaing an al that oher stuff, you're going to have to deal with it, becuause unless the filte bloacks something in it, I'm not punishing the person, period. Not until Emi lays down clear ground rules that EVERYONE agrees too. And, seeing as spam isn't filtered nor clearly defined, don't expect any mutes from that either. I am tired of doing my job, and getting accused of abusing my power, cheating, and above all else, favoritism.

So Emi, ifyou want me to start doing anything with te cat fltring, I advise you write out some rules for everyone to ee about what is or is not acceptable in the chat. Because until the, everything I do can be considered abusing my power, and I'm sick of people complaining about it.

And Frank, our only options as chat mod are mute or delete last three posts, we can't allow individal posts through. I use the delte 3 post function to get rid of a few minor things, but it's easier to just mute someone then keep deleting posts because they refuse to listen when I tell them to stop.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

----incoming message from the outreaches of space----

people give it a rest and let the mods do their job.  

if someone is a bit hot under the collar and starting to swear, then that is one of the MAIN people who should be muted, NOT BANNED, for a short duration, so that they have a chance to settle down WITHOUT taking it out on the chat room.

example: maxed lvl person in another game got PERMABANNED for cussing, which was against the rules, in a family friendly site

example2:another high lvl person got muted for 7 days for something he didn't even mean to say to someone who did deserve it.

and, mind you, this was done by actual company officials out there, so by all means, if you think a small 1 day chat mute is excessive, try those games to, I'm sure you'll be banned within days.  normally when someone starts cursing (and we have to go by public rules, not personal) it normally means that it will not be the first.

Luffy may have jumped the gun here, but wolfy should also know that a curse word, for whatever reason, is still a curseword on the chat room.  something like that should be done via PM, not chat.

case in point: teacher/parent/whoever walks by and happens to notice that one curseword (for whatever reason) and bans the poor kid from ever playing it again, even though it isn't his fault.

my basic point here is this: if you are going to have mods, let them do their job. sure there may be times where mistakes happen, which is why you can PM sir emi, if you have questions.  putting it here, however, will never be good in the long run.

and FYI: even the nazies had rules that people could go by.  you have your set of rules in the ToS, follow them, and you won't have anything to worry about.  this thread should have stopped at the posting of the ToS (with exeption of Emi's post) ToS was broken, punishment is to be given out.  it may sound harsh, but it has to be, because there WILL be people who come in JUST to break the rules and test your patience. and the harsher you are, the quicker you can get rid of them so the rest of the players can go on.

as for luffy... I suppose he could just stop muting everyone altogether until you all have a clear set of rules for him to go by.  just don't come crying when there is a curse fight starting and no one does anything...

ok, that's it, ttyl.

----transmission ends----

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: