Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 09:16:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do we need to do to bring SO Wars back alive?
Full reset.
Full reset with tinies made useless.
Full reset with averaging so all player stay close in terms of resources and tech.
Full reset with both of the above.
Partial reset with tinies made useless.
Partial reset with with averaging so all player stay close in terms of resources and tech.
Partial reset with both of the above.
Wars is dead, nothing will help.
New wars server made with a topic started asking people what they would like to see in it.

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: What needs done with wars server.  (Read 1783 times)
Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:38:36 PM »

OK guys I want to see what everyone thinks about Wars server.
Those of you from Main can vote too if you like as if your on the forums you should know what is going on and have an opinion on what needs done.
I hope that Emi will look at this and does what the players ask for the most.
If not then I fear the Wars server will be dead.
Anyways to explain some of these options.
Tinies being useless:
This could be done a number of ways I believe.
1. Remove marine Components from Wars.
2. Make the fp be calculated after swarm bonus and remove the fp from the space of ships.
3. Add a little javascript 'if else' statement the check if the component costs more than the hull and if so negates swarm bonus.
Averaging new players in terms of resources and techs.
I see 2 ways to do this based probably off of the top 150.
1. Give new players the average of encryption level, technology, mothership modules, commander bonuses, credits, and the resources to build the average amount of built structures.
2. Give new players the average of turns spent, credits, cp, and resources.
I like option 1 better cause then you don't have newbs who don't know what they are doing just wasting everything they start with.
Partial reset would basically constitute what Emi did to the maxed players on Wars.
I believe everyone agreed that it was crap but just in case I have put it in as an option.
If you have another option you think would be good just pm me and I'll see about adding it.

Ok since I have gotten quite a few people asking me what tinies are I will explain them in a basic sense here.

The way I see it is that tinies essentially allow anyone with enough money, this is generally upwards of 100T ( I realize that many of you Main players don't think this is much, but for the majority of Wars they can only dream of such amounts), to attack anyone they please, especially when combined with planets since you can get to 0 base fp using planets, including brand new players and older players who don't have the economy much less the skill to counter them successfully.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:55:57 PM by Jan`go Vhett » Report to moderator   Logged

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: