Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 06, 2024, 04:24:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Swarm Ships  (Read 3815 times)
Jeffesmi
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2009, 03:46:22 PM »

When trying to design a swarm type ship, what are my parameters?  Do any ships of a certain size/class when they are amassed in enough numbers constitute a swarm ship? 

Also, I tried to make a ship as powerful as the Alpha Battleship, but I couldn't come close and it cost WAY more than a battleship.  Are these special classes of ships that can't be duplicated at a reasonable cost?

Lastly, what does it mean, "There is not restriction to how many modules you can istall on a ship, however for every weapon you install there is a penalty of 1% to global attack of the fleet... "  Does this mean that creating a massive dreadnaught with hundreds of weapons that it will degrade the performance of my entire fleet?

Thanks

Jeff
Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »

well i got tired of reading so i may not answer everything you want to know... designing swarmers are hard but swarmers arent very useful especially to newer players.. you need to try and use more of the battleship type of ships.. they are called a supership or a main ship...
use superships 1 ship per fleet, and usually each fleet is more powerful than the previous fleet.. so you will have to build bigger superships.. there is a ship builder out there that will build the ship for you or there is alot of designing guides on the forum
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 05:30:07 PM by Cameron07 » Report to moderator   Logged

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:30:58 PM »

When trying to design a swarm type ship, what are my parameters?  Do any ships of a certain size/class when they are amassed in enough numbers constitute a swarm ship?

The answer here is don't bother with swarmers.
Easiest and best answer.
They are just not good period.
As for the second one up there you can swarm any ship.
Depending on the size of the hull it will have a different amount need to max swarm bonus.
For example a 15 space hull takes 21600 ships to max swarm bonus and a 17 space hull takes 20000.
This caps at about 68 space an from then on swarm bonus is maxed at 8000 ships.

Also, I tried to make a ship as powerful as the Alpha Battleship, but I couldn't come close and it cost WAY more than a battleship.  Are these special classes of ships that can't be duplicated at a reasonable cost?

The main class of ship you'll want is a supership, also called a main.
It has the majority of the cost of the ship in the hull while the majority of the hull size is in the powercore making all other systems rely on energy for there stats.
You can refer to this guide for making a supership

Lastly, what does it mean, "There is not restriction to how many modules you can istall on a ship, however for every weapon you install there is a penalty of 1% to global attack of the fleet... "  Does this mean that creating a massive dreadnaught with hundreds of weapons that it will degrade the performance of my entire fleet?
That means if you have 1 weapon with 200 attack then you have 198 attack for your fleet or you could use 2 weapons with 100 attack and have 196 attack for the fleet.

See each weapon you add incurs a 1% penalty to the attack so for the first setup above:
200 (total attack of all weapons) * 99% (100% - 1% for only one weapon) = 198
For the second setup:
200 (total attack of all weapons) * 98% (100% - 2% for two weapons) = 196

Hopefully this answers all the questions you have.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Jeffesmi
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 10:24:14 PM »

Yes it did. Thanks.
clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2010, 12:47:48 PM »

The answer here is don't bother with swarmers.
Easiest and best answer.
They are just not good period.
As for the second one up there you can swarm any ship.
Depending on the size of the hull it will have a different amount need to max swarm bonus.
For example a 15 space hull takes 21600 ships to max swarm bonus and a 17 space hull takes 20000.
This caps at about 68 space an from then on swarm bonus is maxed at 8000 ships.

The main class of ship you'll want is a supership, also called a main.
It has the majority of the cost of the ship in the hull while the majority of the hull size is in the powercore making all other systems rely on energy for there stats.
You can refer to this guide for making a supership

That means if you have 1 weapon with 200 attack then you have 198 attack for your fleet or you could use 2 weapons with 100 attack and have 196 attack for the fleet.

See each weapon you add incurs a 1% penalty to the attack so for the first setup above:
200 (total attack of all weapons) * 99% (100% - 1% for only one weapon) = 198
For the second setup:
200 (total attack of all weapons) * 98% (100% - 2% for two weapons) = 196

Hopefully this answers all the questions you have.

woah jan wwwwwwaaaaaayyyyyy too much writing 16

Jan`go Vhett
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »

Lol not really.

Need an s-ship? If you have Gold just search Jangos, then select the price you want. If you don't have Gold just pm me for a design.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: