Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 15, 2024, 12:55:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Fleet cost calculator improved  (Read 3155 times)
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« on: December 07, 2006, 06:08:19 PM »

Following changes only affect cost calculator, when it is turned on, more protection to player fleets update.

- improved the cost calculator so take into account only fleets taken to battle, when it is turned on
- changed the max cost of the enemy fleets as follows:
    - encounters: Max Enemy fleet cost (in credits) = encounter power + (1.5 * Player fleets selected cost) (prev was 2)
    - galaxy miss: Max Enemy fleet cost (in credits) = enemy spawn fleets power (depending on max mission power) + ((1+Encryption/100) * Player fleets selected cost) (prev was 17)
    - mothership miss: Max Enemy fleet cost (in credits) = enemy spawn fleets power (depending on reward) + ((1+Difficulty/22) * Player fleets selected cost) (prev was 17)

Note: depending on variable "Player fleets selected cost", with the fleet cost calculator on, the reward will be lowered in case "Player fleets selected cost" lowered the amount of enemy spawns to match the select fleets.

If you find anything that looks like a bug, or doesn't seem to follow this rule, please post in bug reports, and include a battle report if possible so we can find / fix any anomalies 1

God Speed commanders!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:21:04 PM by SirEmi » Report to moderator   Logged

Lammalord
First Sergeant

Lamma.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:41:36 PM »

oh thankyou, whatever you did it also improved the segments in galaxy missions, so that now you actally get what it says 1
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 04:53:29 AM »

works great emi, I've noticed the encounters and encryptions are much smoother now.

A^Bloody^Idiot
Staff Sergeant

KartBoy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 07:27:27 AM »

-,-    got nothing to say... (except for: yeah now 8-) but it doesn't matter since you guys didn't believe me that I had it on... and I had to proof it, but I couldn't proof it in any way Opps )

Well, good luck to all of you's who need it 17 'cus I'm kinda inactive atm.. got too much homework, and other things to do... yawn 14

A^Bloody^Idiot (#10) - SO Elite
A^Bloody^Idiot (#14) - SO WARS
A^Bloody^Idiot (#66) - SO PVE
A^Bloody^Idiot (#10079) - Sea-O
Midnight44
Staff Sergeant

Midnight44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 07:02:15 PM »

I will admit that this is significantly better for the ships with high amounts of accuracy, absorb, and defence. I don't know if players realize that one the problems with missions and encounters was the cost to obtain the proper mission/encounter power. I can come up with an infinite amount of ways to obtain a certain fleet power, whether it be a powership fleet or the most deadly of all- high defence/high accuracy fleets. The reason for these fleets being so effective is because power is only gained from hp and attack stats and not absorb, accuracy, or defence. It is possible to make a fleet that can absorb more attack with defence, than hp. Take FOO's design's for example (I hope you don't mind FOO). I have lost many ships due to his designs because they have large amounts of  absorb, accuracy, and defence and little hp:

Fleet name     Attack     Defence     Hitpoints     Accuracy     Absorb     Cost/Ship
Foozilla     213225000     3500000     200000000     73 %     58 %     1.028.670.260     

This means that in order to reach a power level on a mission/encounter a larger number of them is needed to meet the mission fleet power. For example, if I had to choose the best way to spend 200billion credits to gain the most power I would choose a powership. The reason for this, is the ship's EXTREMELY low accuracy, no absorb, and no defence. It is 100% attack. If I wanted to choose the worst way to spend 200bill, I would make a design with high accuracy, high absorb, and high defence. Now, if I decided to send both fleets into battle the more costly fleet would win because it has more potential to absorb an attack, and it has more potential to make a successful hit. I hope that I haven't confused anyone. Also, if you find a typo or something wrong with the info I have provided let me know.

P.S.- In case you are wondering why I haven't made/recommend making any of these swarmer designs that are deadly to engage on missions... is the fear of being killed by my own design ...lol

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 11:07:50 PM »

lol, very smart midnight

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: