Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 01:10:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Space Odyssey: Shattering Fates available for purchase  (Read 23672 times)
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »

mmm thanks - and thats a relief - its not like the really old one you posted :p (its improved alot) ;)

Thanks. I went back and did a lot of revisions throughout. It has a much better flow and what not.

can you post your sales every so often...

I guess i could, however, I must ask why you want me to?
Report to moderator   Logged

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 11:34:35 PM »

I can think of two reasons. Either:

A) They want to see the book succeed and their curiosity is a natural reflection of that. Or,

B) They are secretly planning on killing you and stealing your identity. Every bit of knowledge you supply brings them closer to their goal.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:10:14 AM »

I can think of two reasons. Either:

A) They want to see the book succeed and their curiosity is a natural reflection of that. Or,

B) They are secretly planning on killing you and stealing your identity. Every bit of knowledge you supply brings them closer to their goal.

d**n you must be spying on me its a bit of A and a bit of B
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:05 AM »

haha i thought ken was gunna force people 2 buy it if sales were going badly 13

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 04:16:41 AM »

I tentatively call that reason C.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 12:41:20 PM »

Aww im glad that you guys think of me in that way.

Also flying through a asteroid field is easy as pie Seither there all generally in nice stable orbit from floating around for a few 100 million years. Calculating there orbits is easy and the seed they go at is constant unless two crash. However that does not happen due to the fact that the orbit will have stabilized over a few hundred millennia as I said. The only situation where it would be at all dangerous to fly through one would be if something had messed up the asteroids orbits. Like a space battle or something large moving close by that had a strong enough gravitational pull such as a rouge planet.

Just thought you want to know of any scientific inaccuracies in your book. I can also see a few things I see as issue with your pros that I will mention at a later date but then again what do I know about writing.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 01:09:28 PM »

ya...I think I can safely say my book ignores scientific accuracy completely, lol. But thanks.

issues with my pros? uh, huh? not sure i'm understanding you there, lol. But thanks I think.

I'll post sales at the end of this month, and then once a month, though honestly, unless people spread the word, I dooubt sales will change much after the first 2-4 weeks.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 03:05:38 PM »

ya...I think I can safely say my book ignores scientific accuracy completely, lol. But thanks.

issues with my pros? uh, huh? not sure i'm understanding you there, lol. But thanks I think.

I'll post sales at the end of this month, and then once a month, though honestly, unless people spread the word, I dooubt sales will change much after the first 2-4 weeks.
Sorry writing prose i type to fast... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prose
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »

Hehe, an insult to poor seither
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »

No his prose is decent for a PoD book but if he really wants to grab more people in to his writing it needs some improvement.
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »

And some better advertising. Go on other forums, post links and what not in the sigs  12
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »

No his prose is decent for a PoD book but if he really wants to grab more people in to his writing it needs some improvement.

all writers can improve, lol. I'm working with 1 editor who is not a professional and myself, I get a lot of slack I think, as all prose editing comes down to me, lol. Usually its the editor who makes the book's prose a lot better. I also didn't entirely rewrite the stories, so they're still partially in their original form of writing from during my highschool time. However, I do thank you for your input, as all useful criticism is accepted. At least you're not going, it could be better.

And some better advertising. Go on other forums, post links and what not in the sigs  12

I'm one person, who's time is taken up by a girlfriend, a job, and trying to write more. There's only so much advertising I can do on my own, lol. The fans can pitch in a little, lol.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 07:54:33 PM by Seither » Report to moderator   Logged

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 07:54:56 PM »

all writers can improve, lol. I'm working with 1 editor who is not a professional and myself, I get a lot of slack I think, as all prose editing comes down to me, lol. Usually its the editor who makes the book's prose a lot better. I also didn't entirely rewrite the stories, so they're still partially in their original form of writing from during my highschool time. However, I do thank you for your input, as all useful criticism is accepted. At least you're not going, it could be better.

I'm one person, who's time is taken up by a girlfriend, a job, and trying to write more. There's only so much advertising I can do on my own, lol.

I'll help any way possible.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 08:10:31 PM »

I'm one person, who's time is taken up by a girlfriend, a job, and trying to write more. There's only so much advertising I can do on my own, lol.

I'll help any way possible.

Thanks. Just, spread the word as much as possible, here, there, wherever. I have an author site http://www.dewarbooks.com/, and the site to buy the book is https://www.createspace.com/3370474. You can link them if you want to.

If you want you can make up banners/signature images, whatever.

I'm not picky about how i get help, as long as it comes, I'm happy. Atm my "advertising campagin" is telling the 200ish people i know on facebook about the book and tell them to buy it and spread the word....and posting here.

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

Willing to ship the books out? My brother owns a book store, he might be interested.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: