Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 13, 2024, 11:31:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newb Help  (Read 43612 times)
Asria
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2007, 01:00:44 PM »

When I say it doesn't concern you, it doesn't concern you. Plus this is not the place to discuss such.

Topic Locked.
Report to moderator   Logged
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2007, 04:57:07 AM »

Topic unlocked, but please return to the point of the topic.
Not sure why it was locked in the first place, when all that was needed was to return to the point of discussion. |:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 05:33:39 AM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Hell Knight
Unidentified Commander

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »

I think noob (ps. new player) need some help realy:
1. How to build mothership segments to have maximum economy?
* build around 180-210 workshops, 10 warehouse and all other to biofarm's
2. How to get money fast and build fleet?
* do mission, build biofarm's, try to locate noobs with 6-11k segments motherships without defending fleet (DANGER you can feel counteratack), kill other's events (ravens, bio experiments, super novas and etc...)
*Than you have enough materials build space station and mining structure's
3. How to build good advanced fleet?
* Try to ask experienced player for good designed cheep ships
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

Ignorance is bliss where tis folly to be wise...

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »

HAHAHA i go away for a couple weeks and look at what happens to this forum... i totally agree that newbs need help with that kind of stuff Hell Knight but it is important to remember not to tell noobs what to do but teach them how to do it.

"Give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish, feed him for a life time".

So for example on the ship design, no giving out formulas! instead, teach noobs how to find them, or achieve the same results the long way.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Satan
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2007, 06:26:08 PM »

Silence does have a point, but in the case of formulas its a total p.i.t.a. so if anyone wants a few i got some, just PM me and ill send them

but yes, ill help people design ships, contact me on MSN (happypancake14@hotmail.com)

As long as two people live on this earth, there will be war.
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »

Anyone on the wars server that feels like they need some help, or who just wants to bounce some ideas around, contact me (Silence444 #1911).

In the way of formulas... I personally don't have much, but I know the long way pretty dang well.

"As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." (Benjamin Franklin)
-Silence444-
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »

ship designing is a very hard thing to do and be really good at.most people are decent, but to make it to the top, you'll have to get some ship designs from others, be it by boarding and capture, or buying from them. But new players should be able to design a ship, even if it tottaly sucks.

Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: July 24, 2007, 12:14:36 AM »

for the new people I will help with the ship designs if you contant me via msn messanger I will walk you through basic ship design.  plan on around an hour for the basics.  and have pen and paper in hand for some of the basic formulas.  and be it known that most of the formulas dont work for all designs, but the vast majority of them.  the TH and THDDOW are still hunting for the holy grail of the formulas.  But I believe we have more of them pinned down that most.  but one of the new people just yesterday beat the TH shield config by 2 energy points.  because I do not give out the configs but give you the tools to do it yourself.  and remember experiment.  you just might discover something by accident.  my messanger is in my profile and all over these boards.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: July 24, 2007, 12:34:35 AM »

for the new people I will help with the ship designs if you contant me via msn messanger I will walk you through basic ship design.  plan on around an hour for the basics.  and have pen and paper in hand for some of the basic formulas.  and be it known that most of the formulas dont work for all designs, but the vast majority of them.  the TH and THDDOW are still hunting for the holy grail of the formulas.  But I believe we have more of them pinned down that most.  but one of the new people just yesterday beat the TH shield config by 2 energy points.  because I do not give out the configs but give you the tools to do it yourself.  and remember experiment.  you just might discover something by accident.  my messanger is in my profile and all over these boards.
-Hunts you down on MSN-
I've played this game far too long to be so bad at it. xP

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2007, 11:30:42 AM »

any one here know of some good sites that explain basic calculous? (not feeling the google searching right now)

-Silence444-
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »

Too lazy, eh?

Anyways, I found this site helpful: <link>

Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

thanks!

on another note, if i wanted to start a sort of "design club" to teach noobs how to build ships... any ideas where the best place to set up would be? maybe a signup sheet in the forums and then in-game coms idk
-edit-
i know there are already guides and tutorials but i'm talking about a network of experienced commanders that could actually help people in real time. (reading instructions and talking to someone are totally different experiences)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 03:19:20 PM by Silence444 » Report to moderator   Logged

-Silence444-
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2007, 04:39:24 PM »

Id assume that you would make a topic in the design section and have people sign up

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Silence444
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2007, 08:26:53 PM »

k, thx

-Silence444-
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »

Hmm, you might want to set up a private chat room for your group. There are numerous ways to do so without costing money.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: