Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 12, 2024, 09:51:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Royalties discussion  (Read 23143 times)
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 07:34:25 AM »

I receive everyday atleast once 100 bill, I dont even want to think about how much I miss a day 10, but a larger problem all my ship I designed before this round have so many clones I will never get any royalties anymore  10

I realy like the idear of giving it at end of the day.

Btw Emi mentioned getting that percentage of shipless power in credit power means, you will get 1000x as much credits as that power would be. So 15% of youre shipless power of 100 bill would still give 100 x 0,15 x 1000 = 15000 bill so 15 trill. I think thats pretty good.

And about putting it in stash YES

And if you exceed that number of cash it will reserve itself to the next day so that you will have a steady flow of income 1

EDIT: I think the percentage should be lowered as when youre shipless power is 1/20 of youre fleet power. With 15% of that 1000x to get youre number of credits, you can upgrade everyday just of royalties. I just checked it calculating everything for myself. This is with line assemble calculated.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 08:30:09 AM by FTP » Report to moderator   Logged

Nicholas Duo Wolfwood
Sergeant

My cross is so heavy because its so full of mercy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »

Thats provided that people are using your ship designs. I don't believe that is how Emi had portrayed the idea of the new royalties system. That seems very excessive.

That would still pave way for people to advance quickly considering that with that system, people would double in power daily.
Report to moderator   Logged

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 04:18:43 PM »

how nicholas? if you can only earn your power in credits via royalties, it means that you can't get !t credits when you only have 100M power.

~19 posts left~

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »

Luffy he was commenting on my post I think.

And it always have to be shipless power as I can get more then 1 power for each credit I spend.

bigbroni
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »

well take it as given that FTPs designs are in use :-) lol

w/r bb
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2007, 02:21:22 AM »

the fact remains the at this point the person in question would have to be BELOW the other person to be receiving full benefit... meaning he would be most likely behind in the rankings.  and doubling in power is about as much I would expect myself to do on a really good day... but that was before this whole mission change thing...

man, we just need a new way to reward ship designers other then credits, really.

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 12:39:21 AM »

Ok, we have some very good ideas in this topic, let's see...

- Deigner makes good designs
- Someone uses designs
- Designer gets royalty once per day, 00:00:
    - Conditions and parameters:
    - Royalty 2% is calculated after skills and deductions, on the real credits spent
    - Max percent per day: 1% to 15% of designer shipless power in credits
    - Max percent per day influenced by commander level, on a 0 - 500 scale, 0 is 1%, 500 or more is 15%, gets rounded up to two decimals, e. g. level 150 => (150/500)*15 = 4.50%
    - Royalty is deposited in secret base
    - Royalty is given in full 2%, but the amount given each day depends on (Max percent per day), => depends on the level of the commander basically, no alts for this one... exept if you wanna spend 100 days to double your power eh?

P.S.: Frank, this is not implemented yet, when it will be, it will be in the updates board, this is just to get it right before I start... Feel free to comment, suggest, predict...  1

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 01:47:40 AM »

Sir Emi 15% of 100 bill shipless power = 100 x 0,15 x 1000= 15 trill right?

Sounds great 13

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 12:36:08 PM »

Emi, that's brilliant. By dividing the 2% into another percent, it completely prevents feeding via royalties, because it would take too long to get all te credits, but it still allows the designers to receive the full 2% of the designed ship's cost. The only forseeable downside is that it means a lot of work for the system, and that designers will have to wait to receive their royalties, but those a very minor, shouldn't be too big a problem (waiting for the 2% is better then not getting it, right?). I look forward to this idea's implementation.

~7 posts left~

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 01:33:19 PM »

so basicly i need more than one designer cuz i usually upgrade once a day. i can understand if someone just goes and clones one of your ships. but my designer stops what he's doing and designs a ship just for me. to compensate for my commander skill bonuses. the rewards for a service like that with the new royalties will suck. please think about that. just about all the people in the top ten upgrade every day and that will mess up the designers on royalties. sorry but why make a game for people to become very highly valued at there trade and then mess em over on the pay out. everyone knows it but then they have the ones out there that will exploit it. so why not make it to where when u resupply the ships on the same day they're designed that your designer gets full royalties and the ship has to make it through 20 encounters before the royalties will be paid. cuz if the ships will make it through 20 encounters then it's good enough for the buyer to keep.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »

wolf, if you buy 20 100M designs at 50% off, then you only spent 1B credits, not 2B. So he only deserves 2% of 1B, which is all you spent. But if you spend another 1B on his ships, then he will get 2% of 2B, it's fair, it's like buying a used car. You're not paying the full 13K for it, only 5k because it's been used. So should the dealer get the same pay as if he sold a new 13k car? no.

wolfy28
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2007, 01:56:25 PM »

lol once again u failed to read a post right i see. i said if it's resupplied the same day it's build. nothing used about it. the designer built it just for me. that's like saying k. i'm going to design and build a house just for that persons needs. but i'm going to charge the same price as i regular ordinary house. even tho it's a costum house. all costums jack to price up so u have got to use another example on that one. emi has last say but u will never win that arguement. it goes against the basic econamy.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2007, 04:59:49 PM »

well, you are right there, though it is that designer's design, so technically, it is still used, but once again, this is a game, and that means it's economy is different then the real economy, and either way, that house builder only gets a % of what you paid, not what the house was worth. So my logic still makes some sense, as does yours.

Silverthorne
Staff Sergeant

CLUCK CLUCK VOOM!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »

I think it was Frank who said that the ships need to be used an X number of times before the royalties can be paid and that seems like a great idea which should discourage the purchase to boost a low account.

my name is Silverthorne and I approve this message

PEOPLE TODAY LEAD WITH THEIR WORDS, 20 YEARS AGO WE LED WITH OUR FISTS. I LIKE MY WAY BETTER.
LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF THE WAY

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2007, 11:53:37 PM »

it might help, but what if they die before X amount of use? you can't let people have the royalties if the ships die or X amount of uses, because everyone will purposely kill the ships to get the royalties. The system Sir emi is setting up sounds liek it'll do fine, there's no need to tamper with it just yet. We should see exactly how it runs before we do that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: