Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 04:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Formula??  (Read 3936 times)
Zingaro
Private

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2007, 04:48:20 PM »

is there a formula for calculating the fleet power of each ship without having to buy ship and look at stats? Also is there a place to find the correct formulas for shield stack, multiple weaon, etc?   tia!
Report to moderator   Logged
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 06:26:09 PM »

Yes, but try to figure it out yourself :-)

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Zingaro
Private

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:04:06 PM »

Yes, but try to figure it out yourself :-)

hmmmm..forum here to help people.....forum tell people to figure it out themselves....guess that makes this forum pretty much useless then with that kind of help.
thezerg
Staff Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 08:27:14 PM »

Or you can search the forum for those very answers

a helpful website for noobs ~ http://cotaspaceo.17.forumer.com/
Zingaro
Private

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 01:41:00 PM »

Or you can search the forum for those very answers

well having read through many posts for hours (you can tell by my bloodshot eyes) I still can't find a working formula for figuring out the fp of a ship design. I found this and can't come up with a figure that even comes close to a particular ships fp....

each space of a ship counts 2 FP  the rest is determined by the weapons and armor and special
more notably it is supposed to be based upon hp, attack and defense... officially, IIRC, attack defense and hp are all divided by 100, then whatever is left is added tot he ship's power... but somehow attack tends to be almost double that of anything else... 

a ship I have, I know it's fp is 8863, it's space size is 174 and only has an atk of 494458, it has no defence and no hp........for the life of me I can not, with the above information come to anything close to the fp of that ship

now as for the shield stack formula, I believe I have the correct one......at least I think I do. Thezerg posted this as a four shield formula and was told it was incorrect and I never really studied it. Upon looking it over I believe it is correct as a 3 shield formula......correct me please if I'm wrong

here it is with 4

20 + 20/(1+1^2) + 20/(2+2^2) + 20/(3+3^2)

20 + 20/(2) + 20/(6) + 20/(12)

20 + 10 + 3 1/3 + 1 2/3

= 35%

If I'm right to make this a four shield formula you would need to add + 20/(4+4^2) ...again please correct me if I'm wrong. What I'm not clear on was the order of the shields if they were not all the same percentages...I'm assuming that it would start with the highest percentage and work down to the lowest.....please correct me if I'm wrong here too please
Gunfighter Frank
Master Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:43:41 AM »

as far as I know there is not any one with the correct formula for shield and puter stacks.  but they are close I have been working on it for ~2 years now it seems the 1st or largest sheild gives full power. but all other shields ass long as they dont drop more than 6% from the largest give 2/2  3/4  4/6 etc and then - the total number of shields from the number yo get there should be close. but seems to be off a bit each time but is close. you should find a few formulas similar to that.  I know it has to be a simple formula but for the life of me I keep missing some thing. because if you drop more than 6% it goes to an average of some sort.

Gunfighter Frank

Semper-FI

DO or DIE
deathStar1337
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 12:06:34 AM »

calculating the fleet power of a ship thats already built? Oh Please thats childs play. calculating the fleet power of a ship thats not even built yet? yep u guessed it, childs play  yawn

Now I am not going to tell you how to calcualte this but i will give you a few tips.

1 Space has a set power = Build a 1 space ship and resupply 1 in the fleet and see the power.

Each Hit Point has a power = put 1 hp on a ship, buy the ship. see the power. take off the power from space and get HP power. you may need more than 1 hp to get power  laugh u figure it out . A FEW HINTS ( Base HP with no penalties or additons is the figure u need to calculate. do this by using the figure u put in the special not what view/edit shows).

Weapon is exactly same as above. use the figure u put in attack to make the weapon.

Defence is easy. make a special with no HP and just defence. put defence on and buy a ship. take off space power and u get defence power.

now u have the figures u got to find what to divide by what  yawn

for shields, power core, comps try adding them and see if power increases

Well thats about it. time to go back into hibination yawn

regards

DS_1337  12

Forfeit the game , Before somebody else Takes you out of the frame and Puts your name to shame, Cover up your face , You can't run the race, The pace is too fast,You just won't last!
Zingaro
Private

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 02:22:56 AM »

Obviously, I'm no math genius otherwise I wouldn't have asked, but I do thank you for the tips deathstar.
KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 08:59:44 PM »

Obviously, I'm no math genius otherwise I wouldn't have asked, but I do thank you for the tips deathstar.

Been meaning to get around to figuring this out so here it is:
Power Per Space seems to be 1:1.5 Space:Power ratio
Attack:Power Ratio seems to be 100:1
HP:Power Ratio seems to be 100:1
Defense:Power Ratio seems to be 100:1
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:10:08 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: