Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 01:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Counters are a pathetic useless joke  (Read 9545 times)
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:45:12 PM »

Ive never used a counter attack on anyone - they always expire on me - so that wasnt a counter Cameron - I would have picked you up on Intel.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 08:03:15 PM by Amagnon » Report to moderator   Logged
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »

if you would have read what i posted i said i dont like multi account attacking
Report to moderator   Logged

lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2007, 02:24:29 AM »

E - do something, i just spent 5000 FREAKING turns trying to take a counter. WARPING SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR IN COUNTERS. 5000 EFFIN TURNS AND I GET THIS - You do not have enough turns to complete this jump.
you know if i can't use it why freaking give them to me. and again i don't give a good dam how much lower in power they drop, a COUNTER should be a COUNTER.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  if i can't take a counter on some one then they should not be able to FREAKING ATTACK ME!!!!!!!

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 02:43:28 AM »

E - do something, i just spent 5000 FREAKING turns trying to take a counter. WARPING SHOULD NOT BE A FACTOR IN COUNTERS. 5000 EFFIN TURNS AND I GET THIS - You do not have enough turns to complete this jump.
you know if i can't use it why freaking give them to me. and again i don't give a good dam how much lower in power they drop, a COUNTER should be a COUNTER.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  if i can't take a counter on some one then they should not be able to FREAKING ATTACK ME!!!!!!!

I've tried to implement something about that but as FTP pointed out here...
http://forum.spaceo.net/index.php/topic,3348.0.html

We need more suggestions on this one. Thank you

jessiedog
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:25:49 AM »

losted
dropping your power is a tactic. if u want to hit them, drop your power as well. u would probably still be stronger than them and not have to use 5000 turns. In all, you would waste just as much money reserving fleets as that person has. and if u use pships, just reserve them and they would cost next to nothing to unreserve.

And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »

I dont really understand whats happening to you Lost thats causing you so much angst.

If someone has so much less power than you, then they must be using like kami swarmers or something - its annoying, but they shouldnt be able to win a combat against you.

I guess if a bunch of people are acting together with thier alts it could cause a cash drain resupplying - but .. I dunno, I dont really understand whats happening to you as to why its a problem.

If their power is so low - what do you gain from hitting them back again anyhow?  If they dont have much fleet power means low segs, low ships - not much value in hitting them at all.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2007, 09:36:57 PM »

because i put out powerships to get counters to be able to attack, and i expect to be able to COUNTERattack ANYONE who attacks me power be dammed.

Mordecai
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2008, 11:04:47 AM »

If you dont get to attack them then thats a waste i think. I kinda agree with Lost she wasted the creds to put her pships out for someone to hit like a spider making a web for an insect to come in and when the person hit her and destroyed some ships(im imagining they did since you have a counter on them) she should be allowed to atleast hit that person back or its like they just got away with it easily since their such low power. And if they just warped each time she attacked that might intreag them to hit her more because they know they cant be touched. I understand making the warp to where people cant be attacked by overwhelming odds but seriously if its a counter i think they should be able to hit them even if their stronger the people that have the counter on them are the ones that provoked it in the first place have the nebs be the one to protect the people instead of warp so then the attackee can atleast get some revenge

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 05:14:35 PM »

E?  WTF?  why won't you make these d**n things work? don give me crap about thier power being low. anyone who can take 75000 segs off me can godam well sit for a counter. either make counters work or scrap them. and whats the deal about giving them endless turns to warp with. i spend 4500 turns and theyre still warping? this is the crappiest aspect of this server.

Nightguard
Private

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »

Lost i really don't get the problem ,you play the same game as the rest of us so you know that warps are part of the game.You will just have to research disrupters like the rest of us.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 01:58:11 AM »

DUH! disruptors don do a d**n thing unless your power is already close. the problem is i have almost no chance to warp from the attacker and absolutley no chance of counterattacking because of the difference in power.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: