Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 05:38:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Counters are a pathetic useless joke  (Read 9544 times)
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:32:58 AM »

everytime i try to use a counter this is what i get -

xxxxxxxxx(#xxxx)'s mothership spotted your attack force and warped away.
Maybe we should research more Warp Disruptors technology or try to lower our total power...
We will catch them next time.

so why even bother giving counters. this is stupid and it sucks. a counter should fix a battle in place none of this warp crap. i don't give a d**n about how low their power is. if i can't execute a counter then they shouldn't be able to attack. SOMEBODY better fix this.
Report to moderator   Logged

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 04:27:36 AM »

If they couldn't warp, then there would be nothing stopping you Powering up to 50 - 100 times their Fleetpower and totally destroying the player. It would then follow that you would be less inclined to attack anyone, and if you did, then it would be wise to reserve all your fleets so they don't get destroyed. Once you got to the top spot, you would be untouchable by any single player, and it would make it next to impossible for new players to climb the rankings. As it is, Counters are way overpowered. If you've given a counter to someone too small for you to counter without them warping away 23 times (/wave Cameron) then you need to set up your fleet stack better, research more tech to counter their tech, etcetera, etcetera, ....  15

Maybe we should research more Warp Disruptors technology or try to lower our total power...

True story.  19

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 07:33:13 AM »

i agree with losted... people should know what they are getting into when they are attacking people... i think there has been some problems in this game with alt attacking... then the alts are at a low power so they warp

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:39:50 PM »

well they shouldnt have attacked you... their fault they attacked you... cant handle the keat get outta the F*ken(not what you think it is) 1 kitchen.
If they couldn't warp, then there would be nothing stopping you Powering up to 50 - 100 times their Fleetpower and totally destroying the player.

and also credits prevent you from
Powering up to 50 - 100 times their Fleetpower and totally destroying the player.

underestimating your opponent plays a huge role in conter attacks.

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 02:42:37 AM »

I have no clue what you just wrote merchant or what you meant to write or even if you play SO Wars.

50 - 100 was an exaggerated example to get my point across, call it double or triple the defenders FP and you get the same result, annihilation of all the defenders fleets. But anyway, this didn't need another thread, seeing as Sir Emi started one precisely for this subject.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
lostedchylde
Staff Sergeant

Beware this heart of gold, This heart is cold

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »

all i can say is what i already said i don't give a d**n how much power they drop a counter should be a counter, NO WARPING ALLOWED.

Lostedchylde is Loveless Incarnate.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 11:58:20 PM »

Losted is right this is f**k**g bullshit, if we have an attack sig on them than it would make sense that we can just surround them and keep them from warping away, right now I just wasted all my turns chasing someone who only had a 70% chance of warping...

jim(#2397)'s mothership spotted your attack force and warped away.

NO WARPS ON COUNTERS
If you can't take the heat then don't attack, it's that simple. THIS IS BROKEN so fix it.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 06:47:55 PM »

No warps on counters hmm - I dont think you mean that.  Having someone warp on you is a pain in the ass, having someone annihilate your entire fleet because maybe you killed their lead - thats not a fair return.

Its hard to land an attack, you can usually only get the top ship or two - warps are common - giving someone a counter is pretty dangerous (though Ive been handing them out today - 6 I think).

Im happy with them - need some incentive for us warmongers to attack people - no warp would be too nasty.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 08:06:20 PM »

Managed to get tzargoth down 2 days in a row with counters. (thx overmind, thx nightguard)

Proves counters are good  12

TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 08:15:32 PM »

hmm, i would have to agree with armagnon now, warping is a pain, but it would get really messy with no warping. maybe give counters an extra bonues or something.

WARS Account= Overmind
SlayerX
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 09:02:41 PM »

counters there are counters  confused

o wait you mean the attack 40times with a alt to drain all items then get some 1 else to board his ships then attack true neb thats a counter  21

if you ask me emi should go back to the very first system 1 attack = 1 counter excluding scanning for secretbases.
blakranger51
Sergeant First Class

Blood Upon the Risers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 09:38:08 PM »

Just make there be a no-warp counter that lasts for only 3-6 hours. That way if you time your attacks right, they either don't get to use the no-warp counter, or you can just run the galaxy for a few hours and avoid them :-)

If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds' worth of distance run, yours is the Earth and everything that's in it.

The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men.
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 01:24:03 AM »

Counters are ok, its the multi-attacking that comes with it that bothers me. Attack anyone in Wars and suddenly FTP comes out of retirement to attack you 36 times ... I call low blow.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 07:33:55 AM »

Hey, atleast you get a counter, to kill those few segments I have left 16

Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 06:43:21 PM »

dont like multi attacking either.. i think it was amagnon i hit and a day or so later.. i got a scout from a really low powered account then what do ya know a few mins later and amagnon is hitting me too

Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: