Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 04, 2024, 05:52:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should SO WARS have resource encounters? (7 day poll)  (Voting closed: October 03, 2007, 12:18:03 AM)
yeah, definitely - 7 (70%)
ehh, sure - 0 (0%)
no - 3 (30%)
Later in the round - 0 (0%)
other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Resource Encounters  (Read 5007 times)
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2007, 12:18:03 AM »

okay i kinda got this idea from basill...

since there arent that many encounters, which i know a lot of people will agree with me on this, i was thinking of encounters  that give resources such as carbon, diamond, gold, etc... that way there is a reason to upgrade and gain power since you only need like 5 bill power to do lvl 400 encryption.

having resource encounters wouldn't give top players a huge advantage and also wouldnt effect our total power directly.

Please post a reply with your vote
Report to moderator   Logged

WARS Account= Overmind
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 12:28:25 AM »

for new\low players
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 03:35:34 AM »

I don't understand your suggestion, or the justification for it.

In general however, I'm against the idea of adding more resources to the Galaxy, I like the idea of a limited resource Galaxy ... My game strategy is based on that fact.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 03:42:12 AM »

it makes me sad not seeing a bunch of encounter 10, once it becomes a fight for resources thats when the game will really take off... by then ill have max line... i hope.

the point i had in resource encounters was to make getting carbon and stuff a lil easier.

WARS Account= Overmind
basill
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 02:11:44 AM »

to Tzarkoth I myself would like to see it for low/new players only its short term help for them I dont see any reason for higher players to get/need them ,then it would not change the fact that the galaxy is limited resourses , you will still end up with fights over the resourses because it would last a short time only for any player who comes on for a half hour a day long before they are close to being in your range they wont be able to do the little resourse missions
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 03:07:56 AM »

Anything that is designed to help new/low players can be abused by existing players using the creation of 1-100 alts. We've seen it happen in the past, there's no reason for it not to happen in the future. Having alts/new players creating additional resources will effectively mean that resources are unlimited, which is a bad thing. I've already observed systems that have been improved through the current game mechanics, and adding this mechanic will only speed the abuse.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 09:38:18 PM »

from what i kno, it is impossible to transfer ore from one account to the other.

9 votes and only 4 comments, leave comments with your vote

WARS Account= Overmind
Tzarkoth
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 03:35:57 AM »

Well, you can, and it's currently being exploited. This suggestion will only speed the abuse.

CEO of Armageddon Inc.
FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 06:08:41 AM »

Merchant as mentioned above it is possible and its not posted that for thsoe who dont know it wont be able to abuse it.

Chrys
Lance Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 04:37:20 AM »

resource encounters would help new players....im for it...
but would rather the encounters be pegged between 15mill-200mill fp to ensure only the new players get the resources.

resource encounters. eg, carbon, ice, stone..credits..etc. would help make base building easier for the new players..though the bases will unlikely last long, at least they can reap some credits from them while not costing them an arm and a leg to mine the resources.
mining takes turns and credits...to offshoot the credits u need segs or alot of savings. Having the resource encounters would help ease the pains for them.

Quote of the day "I have sucessfully countered a lot of people before, espically dday. it didn't show up on the news because i had 0 ships when they atatcked me and they had 0 ships when i attacked them back." Ninjastrike40
Amagnon
Sergeant

Poh and Pik - Karaoke Girls

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 01:15:30 AM »

I think its an ok idea. 

More encounters is ok - I dont even think youd need to restrict it to low level players - just dont over do the rewards.

Id be happy to see BH's replaced with these - plus turns is a much worse thing for the game then some more resources. 

Say limit the maximum reward to 10,000 to 20,000 ore per encounter.
TheMerchant
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 01:48:12 AM »

or equivilent to what you could mine with 450 turns from a BH ;)  exect i like 10k more. i cant do anything with that much diamond so 450 tunrs (which is less) would be worse.

even if its not a resource encounter, id like to see more encounters out and about.

WARS Account= Overmind
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: