Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 03:08:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Video Game Trivia  (Read 111631 times)
AFB
Sergeant First Class

AntiChrist at your service.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2008, 05:30:38 PM »

I've got an ultra-hard question. Really, I doubt anyone will answer this without googling it.

Question: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl originally had several features removed, like driveable vehicles. This also included several mutants types- name one of those, other than Burer 1

Unless by some minute chance you read the books based on game (no, not Roadside Picnic) or read every possible news in the development time, this will be hard.
Report to moderator   Logged

signature not found! Where is it?! Where?!?!?!

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2008, 07:25:09 AM »

You do not seem to understand me.

The definition of canon that I have seen--and the definition that makes the most sense to me--does not allow a relativistic interpretation anymore than actual history does.

I fully understand what you are saying, and you do not have to keep attempting to correct me on this.

Then please explain your definition to me so i have some idea what the hell you're talking about.

I've got an ultra-hard question. Really, I doubt anyone will answer this without googling it.

Question: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl originally had several features removed, like driveable vehicles. This also included several mutants types- name one of those, other than Burer 1

Unless by some minute chance you read the books based on game (no, not Roadside Picnic) or read every possible news in the development time, this will be hard.

No...just no. Never again.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2008, 08:09:27 AM »

why not ? 16 its a good enough game 1

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 20, 2008, 04:03:59 AM »

The definition of canon that I have seen--and the definition that makes the most sense to me--does not allow a relativistic interpretation anymore than actual history does.

I fully understand what you are saying, and you do not have to keep attempting to correct me on this.

Then please explain your definition to me so i have some idea what the hell you're talking about.

Yeesh, it is not that complicated. You're acting like I am speaking in Greek here.

Fictional Canon, from what I have seen, refers to the official collection of materials detailing the properties or events of a fictional universe.

You have the singular article followed by the word "official." Sometimes people substitute the word "genuine," or use canon to refer only to the materials directly contributed to the original author. The latter definition is mainly used for novels, or other materials with only one, however author.

You don't have to be so darn confrontation about it, Seither.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: December 22, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

Yeesh, it is not that complicated. You're acting like I am speaking in Greek here.

Fictional Canon, from what I have seen, refers to the official collection of materials detailing the properties or events of a fictional universe.

You have the singular article followed by the word "official." Sometimes people substitute the word "genuine," or use canon to refer only to the materials directly contributed to the original author. The latter definition is mainly used for novels, or other materials with only one, however author.

You don't have to be so darn confrontation about it, Seither.

I'm not being confrontational, nor were you speaking greek, i wanted to make sure i got which definition of canon you were using (it gets scewed and redefined too much in this modern world), lol, I'm attempting to understand where you were coming from, and that makes sense, so i get what you are saying now.

Is it just me, or are the words canon and official used too much nowadays when it comes to video games and 3rd party articles? What happened to the big guys just sending out an announcement thru their own channels?

and because it=pretty much a rip=off of F.E.A.R., and few other better shooters. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is decent, but no. Just....no.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 22, 2008, 10:10:59 PM »

Is it just me, or are the words canon and official used too much nowadays when it comes to video games and 3rd party articles? What happened to the big guys just sending out an announcement thru their own channels?

It is due to something I call the Rabid Gamer Effect. As games became more popular, more and more rabid gamers abounded, and arguments became more and more inane.

and because it=pretty much a rip=off of F.E.A.R., and few other better shooters. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is decent, but no. Just....no.

Wait, what? How is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a rip-off of F.E.A.R.? How are they even that similar?

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 24, 2008, 05:17:36 PM »

It is due to something I call the Rabid Gamer Effect. As games became more popular, more and more rabid gamers abounded, and arguments became more and more inane.

Wait, what? How is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. a rip-off of F.E.A.R.? How are they even that similar?
How can S.A.L.K.E.R be a rip off of F.E.A.R? S.A.L.K.E.R  was in development before fear they had most of it done several times but they kept changing stuff IIRC.
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: December 25, 2008, 03:18:08 AM »

because the original design S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was vastly different before F.E.A.R. came out/announced. Then afterwards, suddenly the design changed tons, and was similar to F.E.A.R. It can stand on it's own, but it has a lot of similarities that can't be just glanced over...but, ya...just...no.

I'm not saying it's not a good game. I'm jsut saying no...just, no.

If you've ever been to /b/, then what i'm saying makes perfect sense.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 25, 2008, 05:05:22 AM »

Seither, if you just glanced over it, then how exactly can you state it looks like F.E.A.R.? Ive played both, and it is nothing at all like F.E.A.R. except same genre.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 25, 2008, 01:41:21 PM »

Playing them both, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. seems, to me, about as similar to F.E.A.R. as it is to Halo.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »

I have played them both AFB, and there are enough similarites to be noticed. Not anywhere near as bad as Oblivion/Fallout 3, but enough where you can see the two games meshing.

It's different enough to stand on its own and be a good game, which is what matters. You can't glance over the similarities, but they aren't so many that you're going omg exact copy. but playing through, to me, it was jsut too, F.E.A.R. like, which wasn't an amazing game either, just, good. Never had the impulse to play through either more than once, and not excited for F.E.A.R. 2 either.

AFB
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2008, 04:34:42 PM »

Well, ok, you don't like it, I get it 16

but seriously, its not even remotely similar:P

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 27, 2008, 08:27:45 PM »

Okay, Seither, you keep acting like their similarities are common knowledge. None of us can imagine what similarities you are even talking about, bar being in the same genre.

Tell us what you think is similar.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: December 28, 2008, 06:22:55 AM »

because the original design S.T.A.L.K.E.R. was vastly different before F.E.A.R. came out/announced. Then afterwards, suddenly the design changed tons, and was similar to F.E.A.R. It can stand on it's own, but it has a lot of similarities that can't be just glanced over...but, ya...just...no.

I'm not saying it's not a good game. I'm jsut saying no...just, no.

If you've ever been to /b/, then what i'm saying makes perfect sense.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R and F.E.A.R are still vastly different, in my opinion.

If you've ever been to /v/, then what i'm saying makes perfect sense.

Also, understanding a semi-meme and reading this still doesn't make your point correct.
What we want to know is why you're saying "No.. Just no."
I'm starting to wonder if you're about to post LOLITROLU
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:37:32 PM by zephyrblade » Report to moderator   Logged

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: December 30, 2008, 02:39:28 AM »

no, no troll. but anyways, i went back and replayed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I really have no idea WHAT I thought was so similar...I think i may have been asleep when i played or something....the only thing icould find besides similar names is he controls feel similarish.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: