Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 06:34:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Video Game Trivia  (Read 111639 times)
hyperion
Private

I strike when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2008, 09:19:02 AM »

which reminds me all to well of the first time I me the sathanas... I sit watching it... start to turn around... and dead.  evidently I = was in the way of it's main laser cannon >_<

And the morals of that story are: 1st: NEVER fly between battleships during combat.
                                              2nd: Don't stop in the middle of a battle.

ALSO: 100. What is the first message you get in the Freespace 2 mission Into The Lion's Den?
Report to moderator   Logged
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2008, 04:14:11 AM »

Ah, I have my question 100.

I wanted it to be new and interesting, and I wanted it to have personal meaning.

Let's see who can do it.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2008, 12:50:37 AM »

No, the canon just might seem to contradict each other because not all the games are in place at the moment.

I said that their statements have contradicted each other. For example, the english manual said Link to the Past was the earliest in the timeline, but Miyamoto later said that it was after the two original Zelda games, as well as Ocarina of Time. The statement has probably been cleared up since then, but all I was saying is that there have been contradictory statements.

In game canon is the ultimate authority, and none of that contradicts each other yet.

Because there has been nearly no in-game canon over the years, at least none that really could be applied to other Zelda games, as long as you consider multiple Links.

true,there is little in game canon. and yes, at the time of publication, ALttP was the earliest in the timeline (they were pointing out that it took place before the first two, which is does in the current timeline theory. OoT is considered the first game, as it seems to be Ganondorf's first human appearance. it is a minor theory that the original zelda might in fact be the LAST zelda game in one of the split timelines with ALttP being right before that game, as ganon is already in his beast form carrying the trident he steals in a different game, which he also has in ALttP.

And almost all game series have Canon issues, Street Fighter does, Mario did until they cleared it up. But yes, there are a few contradictory statements, but no one listens to those anyways, miyamoto likes to throw us off with random mix statements, i think he finds it fun.

anyways to answer two questions:

82. Donkey Kong Jr.
83. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »

Well, the main thing is that the people in charge did not really care that much about canon as they were creating those games. And who did care? All in all, I do not see how it matters that much how many times Mario has kicked Bowser's butt, or in what order. So long as the butt-kickings continue, everyone's happy.

Some designers did pay attention to canon from the beginning. Castlevania, for instance, has a kazillion games in its series, yet it has had relatively few canon issues. One installment was changed in its NA release and later changed back in official canon, and another installment was dropped from canon.

Oh, yes and yes, by the way.

KenquinnTheInsaneOne
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

23. In the end cutscenses of Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun: FireStorm what interesting detail did we learn about Cain?
¿Kane is part of the CABAL?

Nope thats not it if he were part of CABAL he would of died when CABAL was destroyed.

92. Why were the Mammoth MK2's dismantled in Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars?

I believe it was due to them braking down to much because of there advance weapon systems and there mechanical legs
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 08:29:15 PM by Kenquinn » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2008, 11:44:46 PM »

Well, the main thing is that the people in charge did not really care that much about canon as they were creating those games. And who did care? All in all, I do not see how it matters that much how many times Mario has kicked Bowser's butt, or in what order. So long as the butt-kickings continue, everyone's happy.

Some designers did pay attention to canon from the beginning. Castlevania, for instance, has a kazillion games in its series, yet it has had relatively few canon issues. One installment was changed in its NA release and later changed back in official canon, and another installment was dropped from canon.

Oh, yes and yes, by the way.

True, as long as the butt kickign continues we all are happy. I think the big thing is new people come in and have an idea for the story that people like better, so the story changes some from the original plan, but canon then reflects differently. Sonic is a great example, how japan and america both had their own version of where it took place, and what dr. robotnik/dr.eggman's name was, but then Sega, as things began to slip downward, decided to jsut stick with the japanese plot/story, which brings us to the well known storyline today.the other story's are still canon, they just no longer fit the accepted, current storyline canon.

In conclusion, canon is what you WANT it to be, if you want it to be all 1 link, or the same retelling of a story differently, or multiple links same zelda, or whatever, you can. whatever makes the story more enjoyable for you personally.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 13, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »

I understand what you are saying, but you seem to be working under a different definition of the word canon.

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »

no no, canon is anything official to the game.

however, telling what is/isn't canon is very hard, and varies per person usually (Sonic x tv series is a perfect example, as all sega and sonic team were involved, but have not said it IS canon, thus, some people elieve it is, some don't).

So in the end, you can make what you want to be canon, canon, be it pure in game info, things in the instructions, or all things ever relating to the series.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2008, 01:24:49 AM »

Again, we are operating on different definitions of the word "canon," and the word "official."

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2008, 07:33:07 AM »

I'll just contribute a few questions, for the hell of it. n_n

In Killzone: Liberation, Who is the final ISA VIP targeted by that jerk, General Stratson?

Unite. Cleanse. Liberate.
(a) Which highly strategic PC game revolved around commanding three warring factions, all said to follow one of those three words (each)?
(b) Name which faction belonged to which "motto", if you'd call them that.

The PSP-2000 is also known as the "Slim 'n' Lite", or whichever slight variant you wish to use.
What was the PSP-1000 affectionately labeled by its fans?

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
hyperion
Private

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2008, 08:28:44 AM »

(a) Which highly strategic PC game revolved around commanding three warring factions, all said to follow one of those three words (each)?

Sounds awfully like Supreme commander: UEF wanted to get Earh's collapsed empire back, Aeon illuminate wanted to wipe the galaxy of anyone remotley war like and the Cybrans just wanted to be free.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 09:31:41 AM by hyperion » Report to moderator   Logged
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2008, 10:57:24 PM »

Again, we are operating on different definitions of the word "canon," and the word "official."
no, i'm just pointing out that not everyone agrees on what IS canon or official, hence all the story issues with games.

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2008, 03:25:31 AM »

You do not seem to understand me.

The definition of canon that I have seen--and the definition that makes the most sense to me--does not allow a relativistic interpretation anymore than actual history does.

I fully understand what you are saying, and you do not have to keep attempting to correct me on this.

zephyrblade
Sergeant First Class

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2008, 05:51:07 AM »

Sounds awfully like Supreme commander: UEF wanted to get Earh's collapsed empire back, Aeon illuminate wanted to wipe the galaxy of anyon remotley war like and the Cybrans just wanted to be free.
Nice job. C: 2/2

Python.
LOLSNAKESINMAHCONSOLE
hyperion
Private

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2008, 09:32:44 AM »

Got gold edition a month or two ago.
Sadly I don't have a computer wich can run it smoothly.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: