Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 08, 2024, 04:32:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Video Game Trivia  (Read 111616 times)
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 24, 2008, 02:42:39 PM »

23. In the end cutscenes of Command and Conquer: Tiberium Sun: FireStorm what interesting detail did we learn about Cain?

since it seems this question is not going to be verified right or wrong anytime soon... lemme see if I can answer it for him.
idk if this is what he was referring to... but yes, at the end of that game, it shows a cutscene where you 'think' kain is dead... and cabal as well.  however it starts off in a room with a bunch of cloning vats, zooming in on a central monitor with a messed up cabal talking, until at the end it switches to kane's voice.

having now played the next installment of C&C, C&C 3 and kane's wrath... I believe this was hinting at the fact that kane was living on in a 'cybernetic' version of himself, using parts of what was used to make cabal, until he was able to make a clone of himself... possibly again (that or heal his body enough to make it usable again)

so in effect, you would think that kain is or is part of cabal... however really it was just showing the both was still alive, waiting to come back. (although cabal didn't 'really' come back... kain made a better version of him called 'legion')

also, to answer:
65. an altar with your girlfriend/wife on it
76. 24
81: 8

so here is a question that anyone who  has played C&C 3 kane's wrath will be able to answer...
90: in C&C 3: kane's wrath, who do you play as in the campaign?

and with RA3 out... lemme throw this out as well.
91: has C&C (original series) ever been mentioned in the C&C red alert series? if so, in what game, and how.
92: what reason was given in C&C 3 tib wars for the dismanting of the mammoth mk2's?
93: at first system shock 1 and 2 are unrelated... but it becomes clear that they are directly linked... how did you (the player) cause system shock 2 to happen during the original game system shock?
94: in C&C 3 tib wars, the scrin makes a comment about kain's origins... what was it?
95: descent freespace: the great war and freespace 2... what did the main enemy look like? (the actual creature, not the ships)
96: what happens at the end of freespace 2 that implies the fleet did not commit suicide?
97: in the freespace 1 and 2 games, the main enemy, the shivans, always started with a huge advantage over the terrans and vasudans... but this advantage was different between 1 and 2.  what was it?
98: in the game battlezone 2, your main commander in chief braddock... was he portrayed ultimately as a good or bad guy?
99: in battlezone 2, how do you kill the planet?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 03:22:16 PM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

that and cookies. lots and lots of cookies 1
Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »

84. because, the game was originally designed for the gamecube, and when, towards post production, it was decided to go ahead and release it for the Wii as well, the game developers decided since most people are right handed that the easiest solution was to "flip" the game images, thus making EVERYTHING the opposite. Thus, in the gamecube version, a town that is on the left, is actually on the right in the Wii version. no option is included to flip things back for left handed people.

in shorter terms, because more people are right handed than left.
Report to moderator   Logged

Chronos
Sergeant First Class

Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »

"The fact is, a timeline does exist, and while certain games here and there are disputed, it's not overly impossibly to place a majority of them into their very obvious places.

Well, I suppose developing coherent outline is possible, but that they have attained is questionable, and they would have to change previous canon. Not to mention, they probably did not have one in the beginning, as their contradictory statements allude to.

ars68
65. Not that I can see.
76. No, there are not that many unique endings for the original Chrono Trigger.
81. No, there are more than that for the original Civilization.

Seither
84 Correct.

(Added:) Tell me if I copied any of your questions wrong, ars68.

Announcement
I need a good 100th question to put up, any takers?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:41:49 PM by Chronos » Report to moderator   Logged

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2008, 01:23:31 AM »

76. you say it like as tho there is only 3 or 4... I know for a fact it was in the 20's, either 23 or 24.  I also remember it was a pain killing lavos over and over again in different parts of the storyline throughout the whole game >_<

anyway, as for copying them down right... they look pretty good.  tho I would make these changes:

91. Has the Tiberium series of Command & Conquer ever been mentioned in the Red Alert series of Command & Conquer? If so, in what game and how?

92. Why were the Mammoth MK2's dismantled in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars?

94. In Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, the Scrin makes a comment about Kain's origins. What was that statement?

96. What happens at the end of Freespace 2 that implies the shivan fleet did not commit suicide?

basically, it's tiberium, not tiberian.  and for clarity sake I would say C&C 3 tib wars... because otherwise ppl may think of C&C 2 tib sun. also, on 96, there was more then just 1 side's fleets during the event in question, so clarifying it being 'the enemies' or 'the shivans' fleet is necasary otherwise it will be ambigous

control the present, seize the future. seize the future, conquer the past. conquer the past, control the present.

hyperion
Private

I strike when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2008, 03:27:35 AM »

90: in C&C 3: kane's wrath, who do you play as in the campaign?

95: descent freespace: the great war and freespace 2... what did the main enemy look like? (the actual creature, not the ships)
96: what happens at the end of freespace 2 that implies the fleet did not commit suicide?
97: in the freespace 1 and 2 games, the main enemy, the shivans, always started with a huge advantage over the terrans and vasudans... but this advantage was different between 1 and 2.  what was it?

90:LEGION-An AI built on the base of CABAL to interface with the tacitus.

95:Big insect like cratures with 5 limbs, 8 composite eyes, some sort of mele energy weapon and a built in energy canon.
96:They jumped away(well most of them did).
97:The alliance had better wapons this time-Flak guns, beams, shields and the GTVA Collosus, while the Shivans had even better ships an the Sathanas class.
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2008, 04:09:17 AM »

76. you say it like as tho there is only 3 or 4... I know for a fact it was in the 20's, either 23 or 24.  I also remember it was a pain killing lavos over and over again in different parts of the storyline throughout the whole game >_<

I do not do most of these questions simply from memory. I know from multiple sources that there are, in fact, less than twenty unique endings, although, perhaps, there may be more than twenty ways to beat the game.

basically, it's tiberium, not tiberian.

Hmm, I just noticed something strange, It's Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun, but it is Command & Conquer: Tiberium Wars. Am I missing something? Anyways, I've fixed the name for C&C 3, but I am still pretty sure that it is the Tiberian series/timeline.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2008, 04:22:55 AM »

90:LEGION-An AI built on the base of CABAL to interface with the tacitus.

95:Big insect like cratures with 5 limbs, 8 composite eyes, some sort of mele energy weapon and a built in energy canon.
96:They jumped away(well most of them did).
97:The alliance had better wapons this time-Flak guns, beams, shields and the GTVA Collosus, while the Shivans had even better ships an the Sathanas class.

90: correct
95: correct (tho lemme add in mechanical insect... in case people are wondering 'wth? insect with built in energy cannon?'... but I know you know what I'm talking about... especially since it's still possible they really ARE insects... you never see if it's 100% machine or just a suit  21)
96: correct
97: not really...
alliance had better weapons but that doesn't explain the shivans main advantage... in freespace 2 both sides did get better technology, yes, but in the end they were about equal in the way of technology.
being equal isn't an advantage...
the main advantage can be summed up in 1 word for 1, and another word for 2. (maybe that clears it up some)

as for 76, after looking it up your right... tho since I had to look it up I won't say (same as the SHODAN question... to lazy to play the game again to find out)
and now that I think of it... *grabs C&C case* huh... your right... it IS tiberian sun for number 2... I always thought it kept same spelling as tiberium... perhaps they were trying to make it plural?  who knows...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:28:59 AM by ars68 » Report to moderator   Logged

hyperion
Private

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2008, 11:31:20 AM »

You mean this: FS1-Lucifer-Impenetrable shields, wipes out Vasuda prime and only gets destroyed because it can't have shields on
                            in subspace.
                     FS2-Sathanas, lots of Sathanas(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKSW4cgPaCM -same situation, different universe).

Or you could just say nubers for both of them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:48:40 PM by hyperion » Report to moderator   Logged
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2008, 01:52:53 PM »

... I'll give you that.
freespace 1 they had a technological advantage (they have sheilds, we don't, unable to lock on, lucifer plasma sheathe, beam weapons)
in freespace 2 we got the same technology but then the shivans had a huge number advantage (we had 1 colossus... they had enough sathanas's to surround a sun...)

hyperion
Private

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2008, 02:47:32 PM »

Not to mention that a single undamaged Sathanas rips a Collosus like a cola can with it's front beams.
ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »

exactly... front beams.  it was practically defenseless on the sides and rear. 

if anything tho, I would surmise sathanas was built for frontal assault (for obvious reasons) whereas the coloassus was actually made as pretty much area of influence (defense, for lack of a better term)

on a side note... in the cinematic it states 10 lucifers could fit within it's massive hull... but like that was the point?  it didn't matter how big the lucifer was... it was the fact it couldn't be HURT...  perhaps they thought the beam weapons were strong enough to break through it's defenses?

Seither
Lord of the Post Count

A True Hero is made of: Power, Wisdom, and Courage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2008, 07:52:36 AM »

"The fact is, a timeline does exist, and while certain games here and there are disputed, it's not overly impossibly to place a majority of them into their very obvious places.

Well, I suppose developing coherent outline is possible, but that they have attained is questionable, and they would have to change previous canon. Not to mention, they probably did not have one in the beginning, as their contradictory statements allude to.

No, the canon just might seem to contradict each other because not all the games are in place at the moment. They  have stated that they will also eventually release the timeline, most likely once the series has ended. In game canon is the ultimate authority, and none of that contradicts each other yet.

hyperion
Private

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2008, 08:16:09 AM »

exactly... front beams.  it was practically defenseless on the sides and rear. 

if anything tho, I would surmise sathanas was built for frontal assault (for obvious reasons) whereas the coloassus was actually made as pretty much area of influence (defense, for lack of a better term)

on a side note... in the cinematic it states 10 lucifers could fit within it's massive hull... but like that was the point?  it didn't matter how big the lucifer was... it was the fact it couldn't be HURT...  perhaps they thought the beam weapons were strong enough to break through it's defenses?

From what I've experienced beam weapons ignore shields on any target (I got fried by a corvette with shields on max).
Chronos
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »

No, the canon just might seem to contradict each other because not all the games are in place at the moment.

I said that their statements have contradicted each other. For example, the english manual said Link to the Past was the earliest in the timeline, but Miyamoto later said that it was after the two original Zelda games, as well as Ocarina of Time. The statement has probably been cleared up since then, but all I was saying is that there have been contradictory statements.

In game canon is the ultimate authority, and none of that contradicts each other yet.

Because there has been nearly no in-game canon over the years, at least none that really could be applied to other Zelda games, as long as you consider multiple Links.

ars68
Master Sergeant

Viva la C&C

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2008, 12:16:34 AM »

From what I've experienced beam weapons ignore shields on any target (I got fried by a corvette with shields on max).

which reminds me all to well of the first time I me the sathanas... I sit watching it... start to turn around... and dead.  evidently I = was in the way of it's main laser cannon >_<

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: