Forum - Space Odyssey MMORPG - a massive free online space game
May 14, 2024, 07:42:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New game Astro Galaxy launched by ET Virtual Worlds, http://www.astro-galaxy.com

Home   Help Search Members Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: An explanation from Cameron  (Read 16186 times)
Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 02:12:04 PM »

What Cameron did was unacceptable, rude and insulting. And it's not the first time he did it.

"Space Odyssey upholds high standards of moral behavior. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion."

That means you should treat Space Odyssey staff in a civilized manner too.

Wow. You disregard all the important stuff. Way to go Emi. Way to go.

Since Emi didn't catch the importance of this topic, I am done. Done donating. Buying gold account. Playing. Done. As should everyone else fed up with his stuff be..

@ j bomb's post. Just...oh my god...stop! Jesus!
Report to moderator   Logged
CHICKEN ON A CHAIN
Private

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 02:31:49 PM »

well as for cam's ban i have no comment as for the stuff cam was saying about the game there needs to be some changes made as i enjoy the game but some items as far as attacks and counters have gotten out of hand. one being the use of scouting and opponent and not leaving a counter and the covert ops are not totally bad it just needs some tweeking. and on another note nice to have you back cam you do keep the game interesting.  7
SirEmi
Administrator
First Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »

From Cameron:

First of all I was given no warning, no message or anything, just stripped of admin powers and banned for 30 days, also my chat box on main was taken away for whatever reason.. I never abused any of my admin powers other than the fact that I called emi out on some things and cussed which i shouldn't have cussed like I did on the forums I will admit that..

Your insults made you lose your right to post until you revise your language.

But my big problem with the games... the new covert ops are crap, this round there has been so many "bugs" found.. the chicken/akran planet attack that he changed so quickly even though it has been that way for rounds, He made game rules and they are very lenient, but even when people break game rules nothing is done.

Any changes made are for the good of the game. What you think is crap is your problem. There was no favoritism.

and the so called "rule" you can raid people if your already in the top 10 is just dumb... it doesn't matter if they are already in the top 10 by raiding someone no matter what the circumstance you bettered your position in the rankings even if it be by just a little...

This rule will be no more in a short while, when it won't be so profitable anymore to raid bases. When raiding, a percentage of the spoils will be lost.

I personally think you have taken on too much with the 3 spaceo servers, sea-o and the hacker project.. you need help with this because obviously you can't handle all the mails and everything on your own...

We need stricter game rules with people actually enforcing them to ensure a fair game, you need to really check on your updates, really test them and take in player info about them and make changes if need be and changes are usually needed..

These are some of the reason why so many players are lost on this game.. Its really not a fair game.. its just who you know anymore.. Something needs to be done differently

I am actually very active on all servers and responding to all relevant messages. You send me spam messages, your response will be delayed.
I am always working on new updates, and also have time to develop some other projects. Maybe I don't read all the forums all the the time, but I certainly read the relevant topics.

The rules are clear about alts. Each day we are working on improving the system to make it more fair for everyone. If you don't agree with the TOS about alt accounts, then you should not play.

clouthour
Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »

pistols pistols pistols EMI JUST KILLED IT OFF!!!  laugh (btw if some of u guys dont know wat that means then, well watch some tv and get a life)

FTP
First Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »

All I have to say is lol  laugh

Comatose
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 03:25:30 PM »

The rules are clear about alts. Each day we are working on improving the system to make it more fair for everyone. If you don't agree with the TOS about alt accounts, then you should not play.

Really? More fair? All I see is some worthless updates. Where's the one about alts?
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »

Ya honestly this game is going downhill very fast....  If we want to keep players/gain new ones we need some SERIOUS change around here......

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
deezee66
Sergeant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:19 PM »

From Cameron:

First of all I was given no warning, no message or anything, just stripped of admin powers and banned for 30 days, also my chat box on main was taken away for whatever reason.. I never abused any of my admin powers other than the fact that I called emi out on some things and cussed which i shouldn't have cussed like I did on the forums I will admit that..

Your insults made you lose your right to post until you revise your language.

But my big problem with the games... the new covert ops are crap, this round there has been so many "bugs" found.. the chicken/akran planet attack that he changed so quickly even though it has been that way for rounds, He made game rules and they are very lenient, but even when people break game rules nothing is done.

Any changes made are for the good of the game. What you think is crap is your problem. There was no favoritism.

and the so called "rule" you can raid people if your already in the top 10 is just dumb... it doesn't matter if they are already in the top 10 by raiding someone no matter what the circumstance you bettered your position in the rankings even if it be by just a little...

This rule will be no more in a short while, when it won't be so profitable anymore to raid bases. When raiding, a percentage of the spoils will be lost.

I personally think you have taken on too much with the 3 spaceo servers, sea-o and the hacker project.. you need help with this because obviously you can't handle all the mails and everything on your own...

We need stricter game rules with people actually enforcing them to ensure a fair game, you need to really check on your updates, really test them and take in player info about them and make changes if need be and changes are usually needed..

These are some of the reason why so many players are lost on this game.. Its really not a fair game.. its just who you know anymore.. Something needs to be done differently

I am actually very active on all servers and responding to all relevant messages. You send me spam messages, your response will be delayed.
I am always working on new updates, and also have time to develop some other projects. Maybe I don't read all the forums all the the time, but I certainly read the relevant topics.

Emi this is just the tip of the Iceberg and alot of these things mentioned are why i quit SO main and also turned my alliance over to deerslayer although i love pvp i won't put up with the current system so i'm stuck on pve until things are changed or someone comes up with a similar type of game

TNTTony
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:22 PM »

The reason why I posted Cameron's opinion is because I believed this would be the only way to elicit a response from the big boss about some of the issues surrounding the game.

It is obvious that Cameron is no longer moderator. To be perfectly honest he is better off not being a moderator since I personally feel that non--moderators are able to speak their minds more than moderators.

In terms of Cameron's "ban", I think that is between the big boss, Cameron and possibly ftp (I'm assuming he is involved). If you have problems then please speak directly to those three.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:07:50 PM by TNTTony » Report to moderator   Logged
V
Sergeant First Class

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 11:40:29 PM »

Is it just me or does Emi kind of sound like he's fed up with all of our suggestions/complaining?

VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished...
Cameron07
Master Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 11:55:07 PM »

Yep exactly.. and this is why i think this game isn't going to live up to its potential.. it could be a great game with hundreds of online people at a time.. you say these things i talked about arent a problem emi but I have players supporting some of the things I said talking about how some changes need to may.. and if just a few people on the forums think it.. no telling how many in game think it... this forum isnt the most active or have alot of users...

Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »

Cameron makes excellent points...  These are MAJOR problems we are talking about here...  you cant just ignore the wants of the players for a better game, otherwise those players will leave...  And that includes some of the best players you have.  You really dont want to lose them.  I have already quit this game a few times but end up coming back, but the way it is going right now i just might quit for good.

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Borg!
Master Sergeant

Learn from the past; to prepare for the future.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

Are you calling yourself one of the best players there grin...

the borg(#183) wounded1 Borg!(#170) I'M ON TO YOU!
"If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong."
Grondavor
Staff Sergeant

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »

No i am certainly not calling myself one of the best players (as i most definately am not one) i am just pointing out that he will lose a lot of players including some of his best players.  notice that the word including means having some, but not made up entirely of.  :p

Grondavor(#119869)- Main
grondavor(#9218)- Wars
Grondavor(#4032)- PvE
Spayed
First Sergeant

hey hey hey :D

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:20 PM »

What Cameron did was unacceptable, rude and insulting. And it's not the first time he did it.

"Space Odyssey upholds high standards of moral behavior. Using vulgar words towards other players may also lead to deletion."

That means you should treat Space Odyssey staff in a civilized manner too.

i think i have sworn at just about everyone that has ever played. both in forums, private messages and ingame chat...
no action ever taken against me... why invent rules when they only suit you emi...

Kyle!! (#8446) - main
Spayed (#7) - main
Spayed (#75) - wars
Spayed (#94) - pve
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: